PDA

View Full Version : dc2 clutch feeels like doesn't disengage properly?

garage uber dc2
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
hey guys, been lurking here for a while and i've had a problem with my 95 dc2 vti-r integra.

in the last couple of days, i've noticed its been getting harder to shift gears, normally i shift between gears with one or two fingers on the gearknob, i've been having to use my whole hand and a bit of pressure.

today i noticed i had to start double clutching on upshifts, doing throttle blips on downshifts to get it into gear. and then as i pulled up to a set of lights, car in first gear, foot on clutch, i can feel/hear the engine knocking backwards and forwards on the mounts.

so i try knocking it into neutral clutch in and it stops. in any gear clutch in and it starts again, although not all the time.

clutch pedal still feels the same, no fluid is missing from the master cylinder and can't see any leaks from the slave. the clutch grabs in the last inch or so of travel, its been like that for about a year and a half since i'v brought it.

can anyone shed some light on this? is it likely to be a clutch, master or slave cylender problem or a gearbox problem?

aaronng
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
First thing I would do is to bleed the clutch slave cylinder, especially if the clutch biting point it close to when the pedal is fully pressed to the floor.

garage uber dc2
02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
clutch biting point is in the LAST inch of travel. so almost all the way out before it engages even a bit.

aaronng
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
clutch biting point is in the LAST inch of travel. so almost all the way out before it engages even a bit.

Then it might be a problem with the pressure plate or release fork.

I heart the SSS
02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
"High pedal" Syndrome?

AKA you need a new clutch time

garage uber dc2
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
"High pedal" Syndrome?

AKA you need a new clutch time

i thought so.

BTW, are you on ALL the forums justin?

garage uber dc2
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
its at my mechanics now, been told they are taking the box out as there is a lot of endfloat in the input shaft...........