PDA

View Full Version : Video of EG6 autocross practice

autocross civic EG 6
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
At long last I have managed to produce a somewhat grainy incar video .:)It was only a practice run as I do not yet have a suitable camera mount in the car so I had my son holding the camera. (Passengers are not allowed once the serious runs start.) I managed 3rd in class and 20th outright in a field of 125. More importantly I finished ahead of Eli Evans who is still narrowly leading me in the Victorian Club Autocross Series. The weekend after this event Eli won the very last round of the 2009 Australian Rally Championship outright . He is a great driver. It helped me in the VCAS round that I have a car with double the horsepower of his.;) (He saves his highly developed WRX STI for the ARC rounds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckPqsTQgUms
:wave:Before anyone tells me I was slow away on the green light it does not matter as the timing starts when you break the beam about 10 metres up the track.

I had a much better quality image but ran into problems with an impossibly slow upload to youtube and slow buffering so had to use a programme to compress the whole thing before uploading. If anyone can tell me how to improve the quality without running into buffering issues I would appreciate it.

Steve

zco
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
i never understood how hard rally racing was until i went to wakefield..

looking at the surface like that, i wouldnt know where to start

good work and props to you :thumbsup:

autocross civic EG 6
07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your comments.:thumbsup:Yep all motorsport is harder than it looks from the spectator side of the fence. You have to remember that you are trying to find a measurable time advantage over say 40 to 100 other drivers. On the street or even in private testing it can feel fast but until you get out and compare yourself to others in a controlled environment it is to me pretty meaningless. I think that what I like about the autocrosses I do is that raw horsepower alone does not guarantee a good result.Underpowered cars often do very well simply because they are well driven and the driver has a set up that found grip. Interestingly on some tight tracks a 2 WD normally aspirated car can sometimes beat 4WD turbos which might have turbo lag and maybe turn in difficulties and other handling issues. The video I put up does not really show the true speed nor the fact that if I did not left foot brake and kick the back out at every turn it would plough straight on into the trees.:(
Steve

Red_EG4
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Sounds like monster! hahaa
It would be great to see some video footage taken from a spectators perspective :thumbsup:

autocross civic EG 6
07-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I will post some when I get it. I think my son has some footage and sometimes spectators put stuff up on youtube. There is footage someone took of my Suzuki GTi at a Bendigo VCAS event last year but nothing with the EG6 as far as I know.
Steve

Sexc86
01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
that video gave me a head ache... looks intense though