PDA

View Full Version : nakamichi head unit

supernatural
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
ive got my sound system installed...finally...and the sound is awesome!! but...the only thing is tat my nakamichi head unit seems to sound distorted whenever it plays CD....but if it was radio...it works perfectly fine....but when i play CDs the sound seems to be distorting badddd!!!!

so yeah...the ppl at lifestyle (place where i got it installed) told me tat the lens of the head unit need alignment...and need to be send in for fixing...so im just wondering if anyone here know anywhere i can get this head unit fix...most preferbably... north shore...or east side...so yeah...

or maybe u can fix it then gimme a buzz... :D

thx guys!!

P.S i was told to go to Kims Car Radio to get them fixed...but not too sure if they are good...so would like u guys to make me a recommendation... :D

10-11-2004, 04:19 PM
congrats on the install shaun!../ how did it go, price was alright ya?..

i wanna get mine done soon..

supernatural
10-11-2004, 04:57 PM
damn man...the sound is just amazing...damn nice....focal and soundstream speakers are killers!!! with 2 soundstream amps to provide the power...wahhhh...and the nakamichi head deck is good too...just the CD has reading issues... :(

10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
sounds good.. see if mine turns out similar, just get a new hu. or use your old one.. i like the apline.. hahaha

R96P-EJ8
10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Would you mind posting up what you got installed? :) I'm interested.

supernatural
10-11-2004, 07:23 PM
i installed

nakamichi head unit
focal splits, tweeters
soundstream exact 5 mid range speakers
soundstream 4 channel amp
soundstream amp for the sub
12inch JL subwoofer in box

yeah...they sound great...just tat the headunit need to be fixed...

luzinit
11-11-2004, 01:02 AM
kims car radio in canley vale? i duno much about them except they've been in business for like AGESSS man. atleast 15years in the business and they still running, i just went by other day while checking out fish at trans aquarium.

HRV-80Y
11-11-2004, 01:27 AM
shaun buddy mate i hate lifestyle store 2 b honest....

since wen do u buy head units n needs 2 b like fixd brand new...i'd ask for a replacement or money back !

u hav ur rights ! but in dis case im guessin u really want dis deck = p

anyway congrats shld come over we'll do a sound off see if ur setup will outblow mine haha

toE
11-11-2004, 01:41 AM
i doubt it's brand new HRV-80Y.
because otherwise it'd be covered by warranty and how can a brand new HU fark up! :p

fried
11-11-2004, 02:00 AM
shaun buddy mate i hate lifestyle store 2 b honest....

since wen do u buy head units n needs 2 b like fixd brand new...i'd ask for a replacement or money back !

u hav ur rights ! but in dis case im guessin u really want dis deck = p

anyway congrats shld come over we'll do a sound off see if ur setup will outblow mine haha

yeah what toe said. also, what dont u like about lifestyle store?

at first, i actually didnt want to go there, because i know, I KNOW, that their installer people are dodgy, lazy, stupid, rah rah rah. i wouldnt trust installing anything there.

but, and this is a BIG BUT, the shop people are completely different. i found them extremely helpful, and did not waste my time, gave me the best price, and did all they could to help me, especially aftersales help too!

supernatural
11-11-2004, 07:04 AM
hahaha...yeah pascoe...i got this 2nd hand...from my mate...and hes a good mate of mine...it didnt have problem when it was in his car...but yeah...im getting it fixed today and cant wait to get it back... :D

Javed
11-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Nice mate, how the focals tratin ya? Poly-K's? I got a set and I love em, need to install them properly though. My custom made kicks that i constructed arent angling the tweets right :( (where did you put your tweets?) Congrats!

McChook
11-11-2004, 10:53 AM
TAKE IT TO MARTY!!!
Marty at FHRX, he posts on here "fhrx"

He knows his Nakamichi units...

What model head unit anyway - My nakamichi is perfect and it is 3 years old....

monstaR
11-11-2004, 02:06 PM
i installed

nakamichi head unit
focal splits, tweeters
soundstream exact 5 mid range speakers
soundstream 4 channel amp
soundstream amp for the sub
12inch JL subwoofer in box

yeah...they sound great...just tat the headunit need to be fixed...

Hey u are better off calling nakamichi australia and getting the lens of them for like 100 bucks and ask someone to fit it in.....new lens better than reconditioned lens:)

supernatural
11-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Javed..my tweeters are right next to my door handle...

mrchook nakamichi CD-45z its old... :|

monstar...nakamichi australias at Melbourne...and im not too sure wat the problem is...i took it to Kims Car Radio and they are checking up on it and im expecting a call either tomorrow or Saturday...so they are gonna tell me the problem and the cost to fix it...and yeah...will post further details about it...

thx for all the heklp guys....really appreciate it... :)