PDA

View Full Version : What speakers Fit in a 93 Prelude !!! I dunno, Need heLP

Ozwolfbane
10-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Hi,
I have Honda Prelude 93 Si Gen IV I think it is with the H23 Engine Si...with the sleek lights

The problem is it obviosly only takes 6 1/2" speakers but bloddy they cant be deep either !!!! I bought some Soundstream but they won't fit in the back or the front....

So what can i do ? what have u people done ? I can fit some Pioneer Splits at the back and some Clarion splits in the front..but Clarions are weak as ! SO i wanna change them...

What would fit though ??? The current clarion ones are 2.2 inch deep..i think it can take a bit more but its got that wierd adapter things u gotta use...what can be done here ??? plz help...this is the last place that can help me !!!

Is their anyway to use some sort of adapter rather than the stock ones to put some speakers in there ??? So i can get my soundstream to fit ?? They have a depth of 2.68 inches .... current pioneer who make contact with boot strips (using stock basket) have depth of : 2.375 inches

Thats why I have my :
SOUNDSTREAM Trantula 6.5" competition Speakers
for sale here :(

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=323300

thanks

Ozwolfbane
14-11-2004, 09:10 PM
any help ppl plz...can i get some spacers or somming to put the soundstream at the back .... plz i'll be very grateful for any help

Race EJ8
15-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I remember I fitter a pair of JBL GTO split in a similar model prelude. I had to cut a 6mm MDF spacer to fit the splits in. I cant remember the depth of he splits but it did work. Hope this info can be useful.

Ozwolfbane
16-11-2004, 09:14 PM
can u gimme a tip where to buy the stuff from and the stuff at the back is very wierd how would they fit and wont they look ugly and stuff ?

ta

!JonZap!
19-11-2004, 09:50 PM
have a look at mine, i had the same problem. though i solved it by making my own holders

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/uploads/2395/DSC02541.jpg

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/uploads/2395/DSC02542.jpg

Ozwolfbane
21-11-2004, 12:28 PM
cool cool...now we r gettin somewhere...do the stock cover fit on this ?? DO they touch the back screen ? is teh wood visible ie does it show/look ugly ?
ta

!JonZap!
21-11-2004, 12:48 PM
nothing visible, everything fits perfectly

hehe, this is where my computer case modding skilz come in handy (OCAU), it took me 10 min each to make (20 for 2).

for the back the 6x9 fit in the back perfectly even with the huge magnet, but the 2 6" rear speakers didnt so i had to modify a little bit in the boot becuase they were touching the boot release. but thats another story.

Ozwolfbane
21-11-2004, 02:08 PM
heh im at OCAU but not much skillz with modding....can u gimme brief instructions how to make em :) will these fit my 6 1/2" soundstream at the back ?

They have a depth of 2.68 inches .... current pioneer who make contact with boot strips (using stock basket) have depth of : 2.375 inches

ta u de man :D

!JonZap!
21-11-2004, 04:07 PM
can u gimme brief instructions how to make em :)

will these fit my 6 1/2" soundstream at the back ?

hehe. anything will fit if you want it too

1. get plywood appropriate thickness
2. take out the plastic holder from the door
3. take the speaker out of the plastic holder
4. draw the outline of the old holder onto the plywood
5. mark the holes by using a skinny pen/nail
6. drill the holes
7. get something appropriate width to the speakers which is roung eg. tin can, so that you can draw a circle on the plywood but not to big so the speaker falls through but just enough so the magnet goes through and the angle.
8. cut the hole out in the centre with a jigsaw of you marked plywood
9. cut out the actual holder with jigsaw
10. test if the speaker fits and if it doesnt, draw a bigger line till the speaker bottoms out
11. once speakers fits, screw speaker into new holder, grind off the ends of the screws if they go right through
12. screw into door, see if everything fits
13. if everything fits, make a duplicate by tracing your new holder and marking out the holes
15. after finnished creating new holders and everything fits, get silicon and put a bead around the holder
14. place back holder with speaker in it and glue it onto the door and screw it in
15. put back on the door trim

yellowmighty
01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I've had a search, but this thread is the closest to what I want that I could find.

Can somebody please advise me what size the front door speakers in a gen 4 prelude are?

Thanks
fritz