PDA

View Full Version : improving handling 7th gen

hotout
07-08-2009, 11:17 PM
the whole world knows the 7th gen handles like a boat in stock form. Is there something that someone has done to successfully reduce the body roll and softness in the ride?

[ IV 23 VI ]
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
the whole world knows the 7th gen handles like a boat in stock form. Is there something that someone has done to successfully reduce the body roll and softness in the ride?

Yeah coilovers,
Front upper strut brace,
Rear lower tie brace.

Your car will be stiffer and no sway at all.

Addictions
26-08-2009, 05:33 PM
doesnt the 7th gen already have an upper strut brace? well it looks like it, 3 point one i believe... well i took it for a drive through old pac road noticing not that bad of handling...

[ IV 23 VI ]
27-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I dont think so,

well I dont remember mine having one.. hahaha

Addictions
27-08-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah im pretty sure cause i checked out the engine bay and there was a 2 pole strut going towards the firewall from both strut towers maybe to improve the handling of it some coils and sways? LOL just to get back on topic thats all

hotout
30-08-2009, 12:38 AM
doesnt the 7th gen already have an upper strut brace? well it looks like it, 3 point one i believe... well i took it for a drive through old pac road noticing not that bad of handling...

Yes, it has a sort of half brace. Doesn't go right across the engine like a normal brace would though. Stiffness of the chassis is not the real problem I think, moreso that the stock shock absorbers are too soft and/ or the springs too soft (basically too much body roll)

Maybe the soft setup is also to compensate for smallish the 16 inch wheels.

I'm not looking to lower the car big time, just to improve its handling by reducing the significant amount of body roll in each corner.

drsilliez
30-08-2009, 12:56 AM
screw all that. the best thing for handling, would be a good set of tyres!!! nothing is better than decent tyres!;)
then worry abt sway bars, strut bars and lowerin the car...

hotout
30-08-2009, 01:12 AM
screw all that. the best thing for handling, would be a good set of tyres!!! nothing is better than decent tyres!;)
then worry abt sway bars, strut bars and lowerin the car...

respetfully disagree in this case, as the daily drives don't involve breaking traction. It's the body roll that gives me the sh$#s..

paulfx
09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
i am in the same boat looking to improve handling a little bit for road use 99% track work 1%,
so i ordered a 22mm adjustable rear swaybar to replace the oe 14mm bar, i dont really want to change springs shocks or add braces, when the tyres need replacing maybe upgrade to a good tyre might help abit also what sort of tyre is a mystery tho so many opinions on tyres, oe tyre is michelin energy mxv 8 205 60 r16

fiited the swaybar
updated thread
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118782