PDA

View Full Version : noise from suspension somewhere

AutoNoob
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi,

i emm went to bicential park and the place was full of fobs on picnics so we parked in the grass, which was sorta muddy....

i think mud got its way into the suspension somewhere, or like on the sway bar... It's like a creaking noise. Im too lazy to take it out and wash it/regrease it.

How important is it to get rid of this creakage noise?

trism
09-08-2009, 02:31 PM
when is it creaking?

AutoNoob
09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
maybe it's just the cold weather, so wen i first start up the engine, then wen i drive down the drive way, do some corners, accelerate, it creaks...but after 5 mins it doesnt anymore.

trism
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
sounds like old/worn bushings

AutoNoob
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
mmm...impossible lol, i installed that sway bar like just 1 year ago.

bennjamin
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
its possible. you didnt lube up the bar did you ? (where the bar is held on the ASR brace) chances are that. Take it off and do it again you DIY fool lol.

HRC.Automotive
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Its not only your swaybar bushes that can creak. Any worn bushes (theres a lot of them) will wear and can eventually make a noise. You will have to have your car raised on a hoist and inspected. The main items to check are your front upper and lower control arm bushes, and trailing arm bushes etc.. if there is a damaged bush it will lead to poor tyre wear and can also have a big impact on handling and safety. But That doesnt rule out another possibility for the noise.. I would recommend a thorough inspection next time you take your car to the mechanic... after all, servicing you car is more than just changing the oil in your front yard.. have it looked at by a proffesional.*bennjamin edit no plugs

P.S. if you have installed a suspension bush (like a control arm bush etc), and you tightened the bolt while the suspension was off the ground, your component will prematurely fail and squeak/creak.

AutoNoob
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
its possible. you didnt lube up the bar did you ? (where the bar is held on the ASR brace) chances are that. Take it off and do it again you DIY fool lol.

i did that, it was fine til i ran the car into the mud 3 weeks ago lol. I'll try regrease the bushes on the asr bar on weekend. If that doesnt solve it, i'll take it to u ben if ur not doing anythin on like coming sunday.

Anyways, I want to fix this creakage problem then sell the car.

*bennjamin edit no EOI's

bennjamin
10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
sorry dude no EOI's

as for the creaking , since there has been mud or water in general involved sounds like grit or dirt/sand has replaced some or all of the grease around the bushes. Remove clean and regrease again all should be good.

AutoNoob
11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
sorry dude no EOI's

as for the creaking , since there has been mud or water in general involved sounds like grit or dirt/sand has replaced some or all of the grease around the bushes. Remove clean and regrease again all should be good.

what's EOI? something about price of car? lol

kriZy
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
what's EOI? something about price of car? lol

EOI = Expression Of Interest. :)

AutoNoob
19-08-2009, 04:04 PM
hmmm i think i know what the noise is...It is the sway bar hitting the muffler.
How do i stop that??? How can you stop that annoying noise?