PDA

View Full Version : air filter replacement

ld1chai
10-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi ppl,

I drive a 97 ek gli hatch and planning on buying a new air filter to replace the stock filter. The apexi power intake (85mm) caught my eye. I'm planning on buying it hoping for the sound and also the supposedly increase is power? And is the sound audible from inside the car? And is there piping I also need to replace the stock pipe? Thanks 4 ur help ppl! :) oh and my car is non-vtec too :(

saboteur
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I got a Simota filter and stainless piping that goes to your EK GLi's intake manifold. It's not a cold air intake but you could run some flex pipe to convert it into one. Send me a message if you're interested.

FEL12X
10-11-2004, 11:12 PM
is yours amanual or auto?
a ram pod may lost the low end if is an auto i think...
i think a panel fit will be ok if u are not planning to go serious
the simota is not a bad thing as my teggy is using it as well
but for my EK i am using trust panel fit....feeling quite good

egSi
11-11-2004, 07:52 AM
dont root around with pods get a k+N panel filter for your stock box

imashy14u
11-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Putting an air filter pod in usually doesn't do much. Most times people find that they actually lose power, but even if you gain power, that increase is very small and not noticed. As others pointed out, probably better to put a panel filter in and get rid of all the other piping and resonators before the airbox.

However, what you do get is better throttle response.

In terms of sound. Going with a pod filter will be louder than going with a panel filter. However, with the panel filter and all the other piping and resonator removed, you will still get the intake sound.

Generally, it is audible in the car, but not very loud. It sounds sweet, and I'm sure you'll like the roar that you get. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps :)

Cyrus
18-11-2004, 05:57 PM
you put a pod filter with direct air feed and then you going to need to change the exhaust too...otherwise, there's too much air going in and restrictions going out..!!

edw-R
03-12-2004, 12:18 AM
If you change pod filter, you will hear "wofffffffffffffff " . But you will lose power in the low range, get a little bit power on the high end.