PDA

View Full Version : Type R squeaky clutch

gitsumhnnnr
10-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi All,

Just bought myself an Integra Type R 2000 model. Went for a test drive tonight as you do and the clutch starting squeaking. I didn;t notice this during the test drive, either did the NRMA inspector.

Do you think it could be anything major or is there a quick fix I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

ECU-MAN
10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
most the time its the spring on the pedal mechanizm sometimes its the clutch master cylinder. you can lube up the sping area it may help. try a quick splash of crc, if it works it will only last a month or so till the crc dry's out

gitsumhnnnr
10-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Pardon my ignorance, what's CRC?

How do I get access to the spring area?

yes I am a total noob when it comes to DIY

ECU-MAN
10-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Pardon my ignorance, what's CRC?

How do I get access to the spring area?

yes I am a total noob when it comes to DIY

is this a trick question, im sure other states have CRC spray cans , like they dont have fritz in Sydney. :)

CRC is a lubricant in a can like RP7 you can buy it in hardware shops.

gitsumhnnnr
10-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Another Q - is it ok to keep driving with the squeaking sound? or should I get it fixed ASAP?

ECU-MAN
10-11-2004, 11:38 PM
I dont think its anything major. but have it looked at to be safe.

wynode
10-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Depends where the noise is coming from :)

The 'springy' bit is as in the diargram below:

luzinit
11-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I drove around with squeaky clutch for 1month, didnt have time/couldnt be bothered to get it checked out, over time it got firmer and firmer, didnt quite notice until i got it lubed up and working as to how it was.. difference was unbelievable, was like i had a HD clutch ! then back to soft OEM goodness! - so i dont think it will hurt, but do try and get it sussed out, cheers

BF
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Put ur hand down where the pedal mechanism goes through the wall and check if there is any oil... check it on the other side in the engine bay... you might need to get under the car... If there is fluid you need a new clutch master cylinder... mine did this a few months ago... I got a new one and interestingly it has started squeeking again lol

gitsumhnnnr
13-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

I'll give it a spray with the WD40 and if it keeps squeaking I'll investigate further.

Although it has been pointed out to me that my clutch is a lot more stiff than usual. I tested my mates clutch (same model) and his clutch felt a whole heap softer

dunno if it means anything or not