PDA

View Full Version : All motor Power mods

Phat_ciVic
10-11-2004, 09:45 PM
What performance mods make an N/A motor more powerfull.

just a list, like lightenned flywheel and stuff, where would u start?

sorry if this has been coverred.

Weq
10-11-2004, 10:08 PM
i rekon start with the valve strain. upgrade springs/retainers/cams. port/polish head, valve job. while the head is off, go a thiner headgasket. COmpression is ur friend. lightened flywheel is a good start on the drivetrain, and maybe a heavy duty organic clutch. If u wanna go for more, change pistons and rods for more compression and stregth.

go the usual i/h/e mods, can port out that intake manifold /TB.

laslty finish things off with an aftermarket ECU, injectors and a good tune!

Jim80y
10-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Firstly, I would get the most out of the drivetrain i.e. clutch and lighter flywheel, higher final drive, lighter wheels as well if possible. Then do I/H/E then all the stuff Weq said.

[[d a n n y]]
11-11-2004, 07:40 AM
for me heavy duty clutch after the I/H/E
and then cams ECu etc etc

demonic_sol
11-11-2004, 11:18 AM
I/H/E + FW + final drive kits + tuning lots of it....

if yer not happy then go cams & head work...or resleeve the block or both...but it gets a bit expensive after a while and most turbos will still knock u out..daily drive wise...

demonic_sol

SPEEDCORE
11-11-2004, 04:51 PM
What performance mods make an N/A motor more powerfull.
just a list, like lightenned flywheel and stuff, where would u start?

Just to clear something up.... a lighter flywheel will NOT make your engine more powerful as in produce more power.

Yes it MAY free up a couple KWs, and it will rev more freely, but it will NOT make an engine more powerful!

demonic_sol
11-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Just to clear something up.... a lighter flywheel will NOT make your engine more powerful as in produce more power.

Yes it MAY free up a couple KWs, and it will rev more freely, but it will NOT make an engine more powerful!

I think he was refering to power as in 'I WANT MODS THAT GIVE ME THAT MORE POWER EXPERIENCE'

hence a lightened flywheel + final drive kit will do this..

demonic_sol

Weq
11-11-2004, 05:26 PM
why heavy duty clutch everyone?? the stock clutch is fine for all the power ur 'drivetrain' modes will give... even i/h/e i wouldnt upgrade until i have a final power goal and u can get a clutch to suit/

Jim80y
11-11-2004, 08:11 PM
While you're replacing the flywheel and FD might as well go for a HD clutch while the box is out.

Weq
11-11-2004, 08:32 PM
While you're replacing the flywheel and FD might as well go for a HD clutch while the box is out.

but then u install ur CAM and up the compression, and the HD clutch may not be good enough. or u might go overboard with the clutch.. i think power then clutch, just my opinion thoguh.

Phat_ciVic
11-11-2004, 08:38 PM
yep, use the old clutch till it stuffs

Jim80y
11-11-2004, 09:33 PM
but then u install ur CAM and up the compression, and the HD clutch may not be good enough. or u might go overboard with the clutch.. i think power then clutch, just my opinion thoguh.

To be honest this is what I did, installed clutch and fly last then got the sucker tuned. If in doubt just go for something like ORC from the start :D

**Ghost**
12-11-2004, 11:27 AM
When does the ECU come in? I was under the impression that anything beyond I/H/E

meaning new cams or pistons DEFNITELY requires a new ECU?

if u have a B16A (ur avatar), then buy some CTR pistons for compression, then JUST the intake cam from a CTR/ITR (cos the exhaust cam is the same for b16a/b16b/b18CR) + Springs/Valves so u can actually handle the new camshaft

but i have no idea at all wot ECU (something as simple as a VAFC maybe to a Hondata) u actually need and when do u need it... can anyone clarify?

pillow
12-11-2004, 12:07 PM
He has an H22, not a B16A. On a side note, I always thought that the exhaust cam was the same for the ITR and CTR and it wasthe intake cam that differed. I'm fairly sure the Type R exhaust cams are not the same as B16 cams.

demonic_sol
12-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I was getting gains with my V-AFC even when i just changed the cat back exhaust.

Now im i/h/e + cam gears...and im waiting for a final tune. Id say get a
V-AFC1 or 2 second hand...in retrospect i wouldnt spend 600+ on a VAFC again....better go unichip or emanage.

demonic_sol

BlitZ
11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
ecu is a must str8 after any head work.. else its pointless....
ill get
ihe.....
headwork.
clutch+ flywheel
finaldrive

i dont think ill ever consider getting flywheel and clutch separaely......

edw-R
15-04-2005, 05:39 PM
heavy duty clutch + Lower final drive

h22a accord
15-04-2005, 06:13 PM
get a tune up lol.