PDA

View Full Version : How good is your Honda Jazz?

Albert
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi folks....I'm thinking of buying a new Honda Jazz auto VTi........I took one for a test drive and was very impressed on how well it went but when I asked , I was told it costs $28,000 drive away!!!!.......I almost died! ( doesn't even have alloy wheels)

My main concern is how good a car they are.......have any of you experienced any major or minor problems with new Jazzes?

I read in one thread here that the rubber on the back door is very thin and tears easily. ......and fuel economy is not so good.

I just hope it can do 100,000 km trouble free like my previous 2 Subaru's.

dyljoy
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
hi, bro, no idea where u got the quote from? or u quote for vti auto or vtis one, it still too much for vtis auto driveaway price. my vti auto cost me 24500 bucks back to last Oct. and my car just done 10k service and no problem so far. but only thing i am not happy about its fuel economy, it is not good as i am expected. and if u can pay up to 28k, u should move to civic level. cheers

kongfu
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
fuel economy is poor to be honest.

Albert
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks dyljoy........10,000km and all is fine with your car....good news!

I got the quote from Warwick QLD.....and since then I got a call back to say that they can sell me a VTi for $26,000 which I consider to be still too expensive seeing that Honda is trying to get rid of the 1300 cc models for $17,000 drive away!!
I'm hoping that Honda can do something to the 2010 Jazz VTi to improve fuel consumption.
As regards to buying a Civic....no, it doesn't have enough head room for me...but surprisingly the Jazz has heaps of room for me.....and I love the feel of driving one. :thumbsup:

fuel economy is poor to be honest........uuummm doesn't sound too good. Thanks

dyljoy
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
try to ask another dealership to get better quote. and i think around end of mth is the best time to make a deal

rosewood
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
my vti auto was $25,000 incl gst, in june I got free on roads & extra 2 yrs warranty & roadside assist.

yes they are expensive, this is my second jazz, had a yaris for 12mths but boot too small, had to move seats forward all the time to get room in the boot & then you get a wide hole at the back when the seats moved forward.

Much happier now I'm back in the jazz.

dyljoy
11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
true, love my jazz in all the way, haha

Albert
12-08-2009, 08:05 AM
my vti auto was $25,000 incl gst, in june I got free on roads & extra 2 yrs warranty & roadside assist.

yes they are expensive, .
I would have thought that a VTi would have at least come standard equipped with alloy wheels for the expensive price Honda charges for a VTi Jazz.

I know that the VTi goes great.....has disc brakes all round and a great little 5 speed auto but for the hell of me , I can't see why they cost so much.

Can anyone here justify the high cost of purchasing a VTi?

rosewood
12-08-2009, 10:05 AM
yes the wheels would of been nice, honda wanted another $2,000 for the wheels. They told me to get them from bob jane for $500.00.

when I was shopping the salesman was pushing me towards the 1.3 as it has more power now. Take a test run in the 1.3 & compare the difference.

Fuel ecomony is better with the 1.3

GTI-Jazz
13-08-2009, 12:15 AM
We're getting a steady 6.0L/100km (long term)which isn't too bad. No current issues and the car has done 15,000kms.

It's everything my GF wanted in a car. It beat all the other cars in the same bracket while we were looking. The Suzuki Swift was a much more fun car to drive, and looks better IMO, but lacked practicality/space. That and the fact that they're so common.

Servicing costs aren't great though.

We paid $22,100 on road in December 2008 for an AT VTI.

Albert
13-08-2009, 07:55 AM
We're getting a steady 6.0L/100km (long term)which isn't too bad. No current issues and the car has done 15,000kms.
That sounds great....that makes 2 people here that have had no problems so far. I think Honda have made a great car in the Jazz....and that's why I think they are expensive, although I found on this site (http://www.rickdamelian.com.au/hondabody.asp?active_page_id=595) that special deals on the Jazz should be able to get me in one for $23,290 drive away for a Jazz VTi Auto.....although at that price I reckon that they will be giving a lot less for a trade in!

rosewood
13-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I beleive in 2009 there was a price increase in jan & march/april which should have brought the jaz up to $21,500 + on roads & gst

the VTI-S auto driveaway is about $28,000 plus extra's,
ridiculous price for a small car.

reno
13-08-2009, 05:30 PM
was quoted 26.5k from a few places around in sydney for a vti-auto
definitely feels over-priced... considering civics were going for cheaper htan that earlier in the year...

Albert
13-08-2009, 07:36 PM
was quoted 26.5k from a few places around in sydney for a vti-auto
definitely feels over-priced... considering civics were going for cheaper htan that earlier in the year...

the VTI-S auto driveaway is about $28,000 plus extra's,ridiculous price for a small car.The only thing I can figure out is that the Jazz has been specially designed to meet a certain demand. It's compact, fuel efficient and at the same time can zoom along very very well, and also hold a lot of luggage and accommodate 4 adults and a big tall driver........the Civic may be the same price as the Jazz but does not do well in all the areas I mentioned.
So that is why I reckon the Jazz is so expensive.
If Honda supply The Jazz VTi's with alloy wheels and I can do 100,000kms without any major or minor dramas then the cost will probably be worth it.

Tinter
14-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Can anyone here justify the high cost of purchasing a VTi?

No but having said that I paid a further 2.5k to accessorise it to something quite unique using genuine OEM parts.

Our auto is very frugal with its economy and couldn't wish for better.
Seat comfort is very ordinary, paddle shifter is a gimmick and we would drive it in auto mode 99% of the time.
But to get the body kit and nice wheels and auto, you have to have it.
Stereo is garbage and turning circle is fantastic.

Ride is harsh with the lower profile tyres, vision out the back window with the ridiculous sized third central stop light is crazy.

First Honda but I think we should have done a lot more reserach on competitive priced vehicles.

Albert
14-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Our auto is very frugal with its economy and couldn't wish for better..Well, I suppose that's the main reason I want a Jazz. I assume you got a VTiS....with alloys and low profile tyres.
The Jazz I test drove was a VTi auto with 65 profile tyres and I was happily impressed with the ride, even over bumpy roads.
Thanks for your feedback.....it will all go into my decision for what I will buy next to replace my MY04 Liberty.

rosewood
14-08-2009, 09:56 PM
when I was shopping in june, the price honda gave me was the sale price but they told me I could make them an offer, I then took of 1050.00 & they agreed.

Tinter
15-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, I suppose that's the main reason I want a Jazz. I assume you got a VTiS....with alloys and low profile tyres.
The Jazz I test drove was a VTi auto with 65 profile tyres and I was happily impressed with the ride, even over bumpy roads.
Thanks for your feedback.....it will all go into my decision for what I will buy next to replace my MY04 Liberty.

Whoa Albert.......if you are coming out of a 2004 Liberty, man are you going to be in for one hell of a shock when you compare the class of the Lib to that of the Jazz.

Similarly, I've come out of a 2004 GT liberty premium wagon (got written off, not of my doing) and forgetting the turbo for a minute, it's like comparing cheese with chalk....AWD, ex car of the year status, creature comforts etc..

FitRS
15-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I think the key is to lower you expectations if you are serious about getting a Jazz.

It's an OK car and it's overpriced for it's class. Pretty much simple as that.

The Australian Jazz is no Japan Car of the Year no matter how much Honda Australia try to falsely advertise it as. There is a massive difference between the Japan FIT and Thai Jazz.

You buy this car because you want to feel good in a stylish looking Honda with good space. If you're happy with that, then it's the car for you. There are better bangs for bucks around rather than the Jazz.

Tinter
15-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I think the key is to lower you expectations if you are serious about getting a Jazz.

It's an OK car and it's overpriced for it's class. Pretty much simple as that.

The Australian Jazz is no Japan Car of the Year no matter how much Honda Australia try to falsely advertise it as. There is a massive difference between the Japan FIT and Thai Jazz.

You buy this car because you want to feel good in a stylish looking Honda with good space. If you're happy with that, then it's the car for you. There are better bangs for bucks around rather than the Jazz.

A vert honest appraisal and a very good summation.:thumbsup:

Albert
15-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Whoa Albert.......if you are coming out of a 2004 Liberty, man are you going to be in for one hell of a shock when you compare the class of the Lib to that of the Jazz...

There are better bangs for bucks around rather than the Jazz.

I'm in no rush to sell our Liberty, but when the time comes, I just want a car to do the shopping in. My days of going for long drives and banging around are over now.

We may even decide to get a new Impreza when the time comes as I'm not too worried about fuel efficiency because I don't plan to be doing many Km's. I just want an easy car to drive and to manuver into parking spots so the Jazz fits the bill nicely. Surprisingly the Impreza cost about the same price as the Jazz VTi.

Tinter
15-08-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm in no rush to sell our Liberty, but when the time comes, I just want a car to do the shopping in. My days of going for long drives and banging around are over now.

We may even decide to get a new Impreza when the time comes as I'm not too worried about fuel efficiency because I don't plan to be doing many Km's. I just want an easy car to drive and to manuver into parking spots so the Jazz fits the bill nicely. Surprisingly the Impreza cost about the same price as the Jazz VTi.

The new Liberty is pre released in a few days' time for which I have been invited.
I would have a very good look at that over the not popular current Impreza.

Albert
15-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Tinter, I certainly will be checking out the new Liberty, as I have have had Liberties since 1993.....but even though the new Impreza is not popular, I love it....we love it , my wife and I. I have test driven two and they go real well with a very compliant ride and a great overall feel to the car. I can't understand why they have not sold a lot more.

Tinter
15-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I can't understand why they have not sold a lot more.

Basically an ugly design reflected also by the loss in popularity of the new WRX and STI genre.
It will be interesting to see the new Liberty in the flesh but current Subaru forum postings on the sneak preview of this car haven't been too kind either.

Albert
16-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Tinter.....I would imagine that the new Liberties will be too upmarket and luxurious for my taste and requirements, whereas the new Impreza have taken off from the older Liberties. The new Imprezas are just right for me.....and at least $10,000 cheaper than a new Liberty. I will check out the new Liberties but won't bother to take one for a test drive unless I get offered the chance.

Mirage
16-08-2009, 05:19 PM
This is a honda forum but have you considered a ralliart colt?

They go for $24k drive away for 09 model. good fuel economy for the power.

Cookieboy1987
17-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I just recently bought the VTi-S on the '08 Clearance sale for $26,200 Drive Away in Sydney which includes the following; Auto, Silver, Fogs, Door Visor, Car Matts, Full tank and 5 Year Warranty+ Road Side Assist.

The price has certainly gone up, but the cheapest dealer by far, as most were asking for a minim of $29K!!!

rossw
17-08-2009, 03:12 PM
When I bought my manual VTi in December, it was 20,700 out the door with floor mats and side protection strips. Comparable with a Yaris VRS at the time IIRC.

It seems they've gone up a bit since then...

We've been very happy with it. It's our only car for a family of three.

fundies
17-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I love my 06 VTI. I love the CVT, and reckon Honda were wrong to drop it.
I think they are over priced, but a good buy, low K's second hand can be found.