PDA

View Full Version : is the trim panel designed to be missing on euro

hippo_in_euro
11-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi,
everyone, I am new to Euro, I recently got a 06's lux nav, found that the circuits and pipes compartment from the front passenger side where it was right above your toes were exposed, shouldn't there be a panel to cover those circuits so people wouldn't have direct contact with those electric stuffs? And also the same to the driver's side, I could see the circuits and components right above the brake and gas paddles, would this be normal?

I phoned Eastern Honda, and the service advisor looked at it and said they were missing, and I had to pay for replacement,but the day after he told me that the parts department said that was how it was designed, there were no panels??

Please someone advise me, my car is still under new car warranty!

MiSloVic
11-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi,
everyone, I am new to Euro, I recently got a 06's lux nav, found that the circuits and pipes compartment from the front passenger side where it was right above your toes were exposed, shouldn't there be a panel to cover those circuits so people wouldn't have direct contact with those electric stuffs? And also the same to the driver's side, I could see the circuits and components right above the brake and gas paddles, would this be normal?

I phoned Eastern Honda, and the service advisor looked at it and said they were missing, and I had to pay for replacement,but the day after he told me that the parts department said that was how it was designed, there were no panels??

Please someone advise me, my car is still under new car warranty!

i can see the pipes and cables from both the passenger and driver sides. if i'm looking at the right place, then it should be normal.

hippo_in_euro
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
i can see the pipes and cables from both the passenger and driver sides. if i'm looking at the right place, then it should be normal.

Thank you for reply, I asked several Honda dealers,they said that was the design, I am a bit surprised and disappointed that a Japanese lux sedan would be designed like this comparing to those European brands:eek:

tron07
11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
not sure which part you are saying, a photo would help heaps

Crapdaz
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
if your saying above if you stick your toes up further towards the top part is suppose to be exposed.

no one puts therer feet that far up unless i am assuming your like 6" + in height.

hippo_in_euro
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
if your saying above if you stick your toes up further towards the top part is suppose to be exposed.

no one puts therer feet that far up unless i am assuming your like 6" + in height.

you are right about the position I was talking about, imagine when you are in the car as a front seat passenger,and want to be more relaxed, you might want to keep your legs straight, if so, you toes are pointing at a massive amount of cables and wires, you might get scared if you are wearing saddles and accidentally lift up your toes a bit. Anyway, I was expecting Euro would be more like other European cars...just need to get used to it faster...:)