PDA

View Full Version : DC2R front bar/lights on DA9

stndrd
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
my mate just got himself a clean as f**k DA9 for next to nothing and he is wanting to know how much is involved to put a JDM DC2R front lights and bar onto his DA9

OMG.JAI xD
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I think its a matter of custom fitment of the headlights and shaving the bar and bonnet.

gumbs
11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
SEARCH!!!!!

Its not simple, you need the full nose cut.

GSi_PSi
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
someone on team integra got it done. i duno why though lol. it just doesnt suit.

IZY-10
13-08-2009, 11:20 AM
its not easy mate. Try g2ic.com i think one of the guys on there have done it before. Put it this way though! The conversion is going to cost more than the car

gumbs
13-08-2009, 12:47 PM
its not easy mate. Try g2ic.com i think one of the guys on there have done it before. Put it this way though! The conversion is going to cost more than the car

Unless your planning on buying a B18c anyway. If you want to swap a type r engine in there it won't cost you much more to buy a whole front cut over just the engine/trans and accesories. Then you have the front end to convert.

I seriously considered it when I bought my Da (I was in the same situation need a complete nose cut) but I couldn't find an import type r nose cut for the right price and I didn't want to put the money into an engine conversion at that point in time. In hind sight I probably should have done it.

Ashwee
13-08-2009, 03:04 PM
The DA9 front end is basically the older version of the JDM ITR front end. Don't get me wrong, I adore the JDM front DC2 tegs, but it will look out of place with the rest of the car IMO.

mooshie
13-08-2009, 06:55 PM
looks shocking. the headlights stick out a lot further infront of the radiator support and elongate the nose in proportion to the front wheel well. car will look nose heavy in almost any case and it wont blend with the rest of the car.
All the good photos I have ever seen are from the front angle of the car which of course shows off the mod. If you get a side shot it looks bad.
I would love to be proven wrong though cos I do like the JDM DC front.

If the car is clean as ****, keep it that way.