PDA

View Full Version : EK Aircon

MikeyG
11-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey guys,

Need some help here. im trying to take the aircon out as i dont want it right, i need to remove a 10mm bolt now i dont know what bolt im looking for?

can someone tell me or better yet take a pic of the bolt please

btw ek 98

Cheers

bennjamin
11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
mikey mikey mikey.

The aircon is a series of pipes and parts together - firstly you need to remove the refrigerant and oil/.lube. First remove your car battery + battery tray.
Next remove the 2 x pipes directly off the pulley unit on the engine. Next remove the 1 x 10mm bolt on the small alloy pipe on the side of the aircon radiator. Next remove all wiring connected to the aircon rad. You should be able to remove the aircon rad now. Next remove the 2 x alloy pipes that go to the dryer unit (located next to your water bottle ) - be careful not to overly bend these pipes. One will be short , the other will snake around the strut tower and down again to behind the battery tray. Its pretty self explanatory.

MikeyG
11-08-2009, 10:18 PM
ok... but i need to de-gas it ben how i do that?

CRXer
11-08-2009, 10:18 PM
u forgot the evaporator from under the dash ben,coupla kg's there + great little hiddy hole for the deka

MikeyG
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
guys its not to save kilo or wegith reduction i just want the aircon system out.. it still has gas.. how i take the gas out...

AND NOOO i cant take it to a shop.. my car does not move... the clutch and gearbox is fukd!!

bennjamin
11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
here - grab a bigish rag , and some pliers. take off the small front cap at the top of the aircon rad (located inline with the car radiator) - put the big rag around the pliers then depress the small nipple/valve located in the top of the alloy pipe. IT will hiss a good deal , but the rag should catch any excess oil inside. Dont breath it in.

MikeyG
11-08-2009, 10:27 PM
orite... so i do that for both right?

thanks bennyben

bennjamin
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
yup
just try to do it in the out and open. Put on some safety glasses and perhaps earplugs incase the pipe bursts and you get a face full of that shit.

MikeyG
11-08-2009, 10:33 PM
ye dw i will cover my self and the car will be in the open

CRXer
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
lol..touchy...

think this thread should went to pm a coupla posts ago