PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Euro speakers

bbell
12-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Just wanting to know if anyone has put in better speakers in their Euro and whether it made much difference?

tony1234
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Just wanting to know if anyone has put in better speakers in their Euro and whether it made much difference?
I have and it does make a difference.OEM speakers aren't the best.

TRaNz
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM

^^Yeap, :thumbsup:

mattchuej8
13-08-2009, 08:17 AM
OEM has tweeters aye? right at the front? correct me if im wrong.
if they do. they're pretty poo lol.

listening to my sickdoofdoof and the high pitchers dont get soo high lol.

bbell
13-08-2009, 10:35 AM

any suggestions on good speakers to put in.

The X Man
13-08-2009, 12:12 PM
The Honda Euro sound is poo. Mine lacks bass, any sort of bass for that matter. I think my clock radio has more - LOL.

Apart from adding subwoofers what speakers have others installed to help this?

E_Honda
13-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I've upgraded my car audio with the main intention of going for clarity rather than just a massive vibrating car lol And to keep all my audio controls on the steering wheel.

I've installed 6.5" Alpine TypeS splits in the front doors, along with Alpine tweeters in the existing spot on the dash and Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear shelf. All those speakers are running off the stock Honda headunit with an aux adapter to my Alpine DVD player (which i've had for a while already).

Then i've got a 12" Alpine Type R sub running off a Alpine MRP-M500 500W RMS monoblock amplifier.

To sum it all up i've got my awesome clarity sound and volume i was aiming for and still got the bass which pumps hard. Getting my rear shelf sound deadened this weekend cause it vibrates too much, then it will be perfect.

With all the speakers running off the stock Honda HU i'm still getting enough power out of them to be happy with it, but if you want a shit load more volume & power get another amplifier to run all the speakers instead of the Honda HU but you might loose steering wheel audio controls.

jdmcl9
13-08-2009, 05:25 PM
nice one e_honda, i am really happy to hear that there are people still want clarity rather than all doof doof. are you sound deadended the parcel shelf yourself?

Ken-f
13-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Are the speakers in the luxury different from the standard or other models? I compared 2 and they are heaps different for some reason.

tony1234
13-08-2009, 06:31 PM
any suggestions on good speakers to put in.
I'm running Boston splits in front and Alpine DDDrives in the rear with 4 Ch.Alpine amp 50WRMS/Ch.and 10"Kenwood sub with 120WRMS bridged Kenwood amp.It sounds.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tony1234
13-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Are the speakers in the luxury different from the standard or other models? I compared 2 and they are heaps different for some reason.
No.But IMO the sat nav version doesn't sound as good as the non sat nav version.

E_Honda
13-08-2009, 08:04 PM
nice one e_honda, i am really happy to hear that there are people still want clarity rather than all doof doof. are you sound deadended the parcel shelf yourself?

Nope, i'm taking it to the place that installed the system for me. They said it will be around $100 - $140 max to sound deaden the rear parcel shelf, which i think is reasonable

Ken-f
13-08-2009, 08:25 PM
No.But IMO the sat nav version doesn't sound as good as the non sat nav version.

No wonder. That's what I was comparing too. Perhaps its the HU in the sat nav version.

D R U
13-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I've upgraded my car audio with the main intention of going for clarity rather than just a massive vibrating car lol And to keep all my audio controls on the steering wheel.

I've installed 6.5" Alpine TypeS splits in the front doors, along with Alpine tweeters in the existing spot on the dash and Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear shelf. All those speakers are running off the stock Honda headunit with an aux adapter to my Alpine DVD player (which i've had for a while already).

Then i've got a 12" Alpine Type R sub running off a Alpine MRP-M500 500W RMS monoblock amplifier.

To sum it all up i've got my awesome clarity sound and volume i was aiming for and still got the bass which pumps hard. Getting my rear shelf sound deadened this weekend cause it vibrates too much, then it will be perfect.

With all the speakers running off the stock Honda HU i'm still getting enough power out of them to be happy with it, but if you want a shit load more volume & power get another amplifier to run all the speakers instead of the Honda HU but you might loose steering wheel audio controls.

You can still amp up your speakers and keep your steering wheel controls. All you need is a line out converter - it turns connections at the back of the honda HU into rca's which you can then run to an amp.
The signals still coming from the stock honda HU, so your steering wheel controls are not affected.

I'm running Boston splits in front and Alpine DDDrives in the rear with 4 Ch.Alpine amp 50WRMS/Ch.and 10"Kenwood sub with 120WRMS bridged Kenwood amp.It sounds.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Which bostons are you running? I never got a chance to audition them before i finished my setup.

Im running an alpine 9855r HU, focal 165 VRS splits up front and alpine type r 6x9's in the rear, kicker S12L7 (square) sub, all running off my audison LRX 5.1k (5 channel amp) - front channels getting 160w rms, rears are getting 50w rms, and the subs getting over 1100w rms now, that im running it @ 2 ohms. Ive also dynamatted the front doors and the boot.

That amp completely changed the sound of my setup, the image is so rich and warm now, compared to my old signat 5 channel, i'd recommend it to anybody. The only downside is the price :thumbdwn:.

tony1234
14-08-2009, 07:36 AM
You can still amp up your speakers and keep your steering wheel controls. All you need is a line out converter - it turns connections at the back of the honda HU into rca's which you can then run to an amp.
The signals still coming from the stock honda HU, so your steering wheel controls are not affected.

Which bostons are you running? I never got a chance to audition them before i finished my setup.

Im running an alpine 9855r HU, focal 165 VRS splits up front and alpine type r 6x9's in the rear, kicker S12L7 (square) sub, all running off my audison LRX 5.1k (5 channel amp) - front channels getting 160w rms, rears are getting 50w rms, and the subs getting over 1100w rms now, that im running it @ 2 ohms. Ive also dynamatted the front doors and the boot.

That amp completely changed the sound of my setup, the image is so rich and warm now, compared to my old signat 5 channel, i'd recommend it to anybody. The only downside is the price :thumbdwn:.
My Bostons are 5yr.old Rallies.Still sound good.:thumbsup:I've also Dynamated the ft.doors.

E_Honda
14-08-2009, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=D R U;2398526]You can still amp up your speakers and keep your steering wheel controls. All you need is a line out converter - it turns connections at the back of the honda HU into rca's which you can then run to an amp.

Not sure if that will work in my case if you have a DVD player running via an AUX adapter to the HU as well as all the speakers of the HU.

tenji`
14-08-2009, 10:28 AM
will be starting my sound system setup shortly using the existing headunit as i dont wanna lose the dual climate controls etc.

will probably be going with focal speakers and i have alpine v12 amps sitting at home already.

whats the sizes for the front ?

THEEYA
17-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Is it just me of my 05 OEM speakers sound really well, or are my ears still a "virgin" to good speakers.

TRaNz
17-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Is it just me of my 05 OEM speakers sound really well, or are my ears still a "virgin" to good speakers.

Nah, the OEM are decent compared to some other cars stock speakers. BUT when you do make the change you notice a cleaner and better difference.

Front speakers are 6.5inch.
Your gonna need spacers for the speakers coz it doesnt sink all the way in coz the magnets are kinda large. Odd i know, but thats how my car was done.

Phased
17-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm one for clarity, however... due to the Euro not having preamp outputs, I haven't bothered to install an amp and line level converter.

Front Stage: Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5 Splits
Rear Stage: Hertz Energy 6x9's

Bass response improved very noticeably and the newer 6*9's get rid of the mid-frequency "muddyness" that the OEM's produce.

Darkii_
17-08-2009, 06:22 PM

Yeah he compared to mine and the bass is heaps less =(

tony1234
17-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah he compared to mine and the bass is heaps less =(
The audio part of the sat nav model is obviously different to the non sat nav model.

Phased
17-08-2009, 06:43 PM
The audio part of the sat nav model is obviously different to the non sat nav model.

Exactly. I would say a different amplifier. Possibly with lower output. I'm happy i got the '05 w/o sat nav now XD.

Don't forget if your talking about bass output... Room/Car Acoustics effect bass output much more noticably than differant speakers of the same size (usually, all other things equal.. amplifier etc.)