PDA

View Full Version : 200K service

Insolence
17-11-2003, 09:25 PM
My car, (93 vtir integra) is coming up for its 200,000km service shortly and im just wondering if there is anything in particular i should be watching out for. I'm guessing a timing belt change will be due, but apart from that, im not sure what else i might need to look out for :?:

CV boots, suspension and brake master cylinder have all been replaced recently, hopefully im not up for too many more surprises :o

wynode
17-11-2003, 09:36 PM
SHould be fine.

Like you said the timing belt and have them check over everything. Depending on how long ago you last did you waterpump, that may need changing.

:)

hondaboy
17-11-2003, 10:33 PM
also get them to check out the radiator.
i know 2 boyz with dc tegs who had to get their radiators replaced.

fried
18-11-2003, 01:49 PM
i dont mean this to sound all smug and everything, but when u bring it in for a service, wont they check everything for you? isnt that the point of a service... like to do the things they need to usually be done, and also check if anything else needs to be done.....???

Insolence
18-11-2003, 06:05 PM
well yes, but there is no harm in trying to gain some idea yourself of what you might be up for.

Its not like mechanics are foolproof, they may forget to replace something that would normally be replaced or they may not be aware of a particular part on that model which needs checking where other cars may have no problems with it. It also allows you to gain some idea of what costs you may be up for and helps you budget for these sort of things. Makes sense to me 8)

fried
18-11-2003, 06:10 PM
ha!

good call!

no harm done!

weezer
18-11-2003, 11:36 PM
change the water pump aswell. Its all connected to the timing belt.

Aussie_ITR-0239
17-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Do as per 100K service and I also suggest, what some of the others have been saying!! ;)

olda
17-01-2004, 09:19 PM
change the water pump aswell. Its all connected to the timing belt.

I think it would be worth while to investigate an electrical water pump.
It would give u a couple of horses i believe. Just a thought. :|