PDA

View Full Version : G'day

Slinz
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey ozHonda!

My name's Tom, joined these forums a little while ago (honestly for the purpose of placing my Honda in the for-sale section!) and am now realising I probably should have done so when I bought the car instead haha.

Lots of beautiful cars and helpful pointers that I've seen so far. I drive an '89 Prelude 3rd Gen as it stands although am moving to (queue boo's) a Mitsubishi Legnum as I require lots of extra space for occupational reasons. Have loved my Lude for the past 18 months though! Hondas seem to run like clockwork.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Welcome to Ozhonda Tom.

mmmmm, I love those Preludes.

Pictures?

You can beat on a Honda and it comes back for more, almost like a BDSM movie really...(but thats another story)

Anyway, welcome.

PPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICS

Slinz
12-08-2009, 11:05 PM
You can beat on a Honda and it comes back for more, almost like a BDSM movie really...(but thats another story)

Anyway, welcome.

PPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICS

Haha too true. If I am as lucky and have cars this reliable and enjoyable for the rest of my days I will die a happy man. Oh yeah my bad, here are a few pics and some details :]

Serviced regularly since purchase including new plugs, tune, clutch fluid flush and replace (including master cylinder replace on recommendation), brake fluid flush and replace, coolant flush and replace, power steering fluid replace.

Mods include:
-Stainless steel cold air intake
-junBL "DTM Spiral" twin-exhaust fitted by Exhaust Technologies
-Short shifter (stock shifter's throw is HUGE in this model haha)
-Sport steering wheel
-Lowered (sits quite low and firm)
-Remote central locking and alarm system
-Kenwood head unit with aux input for iPod on face (detachable)
-Panasonic amp, 2 Sony xplod 10 inch subs (still fitted in crappy custom box from previous owner, never got around to swapping sub box because it sounds good as is :p)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/tom_lindley/PRELUDEANDBOTANICGARDENS025.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/tom_lindley/PRELUDEANDBOTANICGARDENS026.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/tom_lindley/PRELUDEANDBOTANICGARDENS021.jpg

SHOGUNOVDDRK
12-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Very nice, Very Tasteful, Very Clean.

Mate of mine used to have one which he treated like shit (was mint when he got it, bloody commo lovers) and in turn it used to turn like a boat and break down.

Like I said, enjoy your stay.

Be sure to come to a few meets and get to know the local community.

Slinz
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Haha that sucks. Never had a problem, and it's pretty low and stiff on the road so it drives like a go-kart. People like him can go back to killing common-dores.

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting out to a meet (have a couple of friends who go to Honda cruises in SA occasionally) before I have to let her go. Thanks mate.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
You have to let her go?

Where is she going and what is coming next...?

Slinz
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Check out the original post :]
I have to sell the Prelude to complete my funds to finance importing a Mitsu Legnum VR4. Long story short, I need a car with more towing capacity and more room in the back for work and lifestyle purposes.

The Prelude is not officially up for sale just yet but it will be happening very soon, sad day.

jks24
14-08-2009, 11:23 AM
welcome mate

Chriskoss
14-08-2009, 04:02 PM
welcome, that lude will be sadly missed im sure. sure their old, and cheap now.. but there still really great cars. was going to get one exactly the same or the integra and i ended up gettin the da9 integra.

I love 90's hondas though!

Slinz
15-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Cheers.
Yeah I see all these people around me buying commodores and I wonder if they realise how cheap the early 90's Hondas are these days! I would like to own an Integra one day but for now I need a lot more space so the Lude must go :(