PDA

View Full Version : [Need Advice]: EG + dc2 brake upgrade

hussLEr
13-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey all,
I often use the search function, but just for today, decided to open a thread (my first, just popped my cherry :o), and get feedback from other knowledgable fans of the 'H' regarding my brake upgrade..

Recently, my EG5 had it's brakes upgraded to larger dc2 vtir brakes (front + rear) + hubs etc.
This is where I need your advice...so am calling all Honda Civic gurus and the like..

My EG5 is still running the standard EG5 brakemaster + booster. Should I upgrade or should it be alright as it is?.

If I was to upgrade, what's the best/easiest/most effective unit to upgrade to?

Thanks in advance guys. :thumbsup:

kcokla
13-08-2009, 03:27 PM
yes you should! might aswell right,

your current set up is better but its not as good as it could be (witihn reason)
get vtir/dc2r breakmaster and booster!

hussLEr
13-08-2009, 03:54 PM
your current set up is better but its not as good as it could be (witihn reason)
get vtir/dc2r breakmaster and booster!

Was told that dc2 vtir BMC and booster won't be appropriate for the EG5 as the vtir BMC was equipped for ABS also?..

BluEG
13-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Get a ek 15/16 bmc/booster or non abs 1" as it i will be straight bolt on, with no
change on flare nuts (on the lines).

If you get a dc2 1" abs bmc/booster you will have to change the back flare nut as it will be too small for the bmc.

dougie_504
15-08-2009, 01:25 PM
If you want to break harder then just get some performance pads. Bendix Heavy Duty or Ultimates, EBC Reds, Mintex make good pads too etc etc.

That's the fastest, cheapest, most reliable way to significantly increase break bite man, rather than getting new rotors.

Just make sure the pads operate at a decently low temperature so that you don't have to drive around all day for them to work properly, but also make sure they have a good function range so that if you hammer your car a bit they won't die out on you :)