PDA

View Full Version : JL Audio

Mr EG
14-08-2009, 02:27 PM
JL Audio: subs, speakers, amp - Any good?

What's the best brand for sound systems these days? Thanks :wave:

blabla
14-08-2009, 03:16 PM
hey mate i am using the w12 in their ported box nice clean bass. with the correct tune anything can sound good. amps are pricey, speakers and subs worth the money. there is no sub that i would replace the w12 with. jump onto http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/ and have chat with these guys.

shoppingsecure
14-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Best brand? Depends who you ask :P

Its all about budget and who provides the best quality gear in that price bracket, what did you have in mind?

lyndah
14-08-2009, 08:22 PM
JBL subs!

trism
15-08-2009, 02:09 AM
yes, jl products are good.

and there is no best brand. its all up to your budget and personal taste.

Wayne
15-08-2009, 02:14 PM
whats ur budget? there alot of high-end brands out there.. hehe.. if JL.. i would prefer W7.. or W6 if u have lower budget.. and what kind of setup u would like to play? SPL or SQ? =)

arverson
15-08-2009, 03:17 PM
dont limit yourself to JL. theyre far from best/high-end and just as mainstream as alpine, pioneer, etc. but theyre decent. give us a budget to work with.

randalln
11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Even the JL Audio W1 and W3's punch pretty hard as long as you have a good mono block to feed it the good accurate bass.

You'll find that everyone here has their favourite brands so its best to go into a store and sort out what sounds best to you. I'd also recommend kicker subs depending on your budget.

Be careful of the what the audio guys in the stores tell you, make sure you go back and do your home work before you buy.

ICACHA
13-09-2009, 09:44 PM
the best brand is the one that sounds the best to you and fits in your budget... ask the know-it-alls on any forum and they will just throw brands at you like they have owned them all, best go visit as many stores as possible and bring one (1) not 100 as some people like to say and listen to the speakers not the sales person. if the sales person gives you too much heat then just walk away, its your money and your decision not the dick sales persons... make sense? :)

phat_azn
13-09-2009, 11:15 PM
the best brand is the one that sounds the best to you and fits in your budget... ask the know-it-alls on any forum and they will just throw brands at you like they have owned them all, best go visit as many stores as possible and bring one (1) not 100 as some people like to say and listen to the speakers not the sales person. if the sales person gives you too much heat then just walk away, its your money and your decision not the dick sales persons... make sense? :)

ICACHA is right.have listen to as many as you can before you make your decision.If its in your budget and sounds good to you then go for it.brand name shouldnt be the decider unless your a brand person.

randalln
14-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Also, get the sales person to run the sub off the amp YOUR going to get, same goes with the speakers.

Typically they'll run the sub and speakers off the higher end amps so the sound quality sounds a lot better, so keep an eye out for that.

Second rule is, don't do a one shop stop.

Third rule is, keep specific models in mind. When you go to other stores they may try to convince you that your better off with this or that model instead. So before you leave make sure you get the information you were lookin for in the first place.

reedyek4
14-09-2009, 05:09 PM
jl w7 sub....cant get much better...

if money isnt an issue...my ideal setup would be:

Alpine headunit
Jl audio w7 sub
Alpine pdx1.1000 (maybe 2 of them) for the sub
4 channel alpine pdx amp for speakers
alpine type-x speakers.
and a custom sealed box for the sub.

Dems
14-09-2009, 06:25 PM
JL is very good for there price point, i'm running there "HD" series amps and i can say they are well worth there price tag. show me another company doing class D full range that sounds that clean.

went to a 4 hour training session, very boring on the specs and details but they do produce very good gear. the main things are the build quality, the level of detail on there production line is freaking awesome. most of the subs are made at the head office in florida.

just picked up a w6 12" and can't wait to build the box and get it in.

don't listen to any one who tells you they are shit just because you can buy them from stores that stock the other mainstream labels, they aren't the best but are so far away from being the worst out there.

people told me i was crazy for spending nearly $2k on amps but every one is different so work out your budget and expectations! you can't buy the best for cheap!

EGB18CT
20-09-2009, 04:37 PM
ive got a hertz energy sub (es300d) 12" very nice sounding, bang for buck for sure, and an audison srx1 monoblock up for grabs if ya interested, very nice sounding, nothing will come close bang for buck! check my sig link.

ICACHA
22-09-2009, 12:20 PM
one and only rule, do whats right for you would be the only rule you set out to keep...

common sense always prevails :)

tron07
24-09-2009, 11:05 AM
jl w7 sub....cant get much better...

if money isnt an issue...my ideal setup would be:

Alpine headunit
Jl audio w7 sub
Alpine pdx1.1000 (maybe 2 of them) for the sub
4 channel alpine pdx amp for speakers
alpine type-x speakers.
and a custom sealed box for the sub.

why not go F#1 since money is not an issue :p

reedyek4
24-09-2009, 11:07 AM
why not go F#1 since money is not an issue :p

Hahahaha true true....how about full custom jobby :P :thumbsup:

tron07
25-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Dont really fancy custsom fiber jobby.... not pratical.

I heard a special, none production F#1 sub, 15" and it was superb.

ICACHA
25-09-2009, 11:17 AM
pic or i call BS? :D

tron07
29-09-2009, 09:33 AM
lol.... my mistake... its acctually a 15" ZR prototype with F#1 amps

http://zenn.tripod.com/j4zz/trunk.jpg

sorry, cant hotlink the pic from tripod, copy and paste to see if you can see it or not

ICACHA
29-09-2009, 11:06 AM
aaaah i knew there was no 15" f#1 :)