PDA

View Full Version : (CL9)Security system not working after battery change

PNR888
14-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Got flat original battery this arvo, had it checked and replaced by RACQ, very prompt and professional service. Everything all work fine except Security system.

I didn't actually test if the alarm will go off or not, but the turn indicators will NOT blink when I lock or unlock the doors with remote, also the small red security LED light in instrument cluster no longer flashing after locking the door with remote. (remote central locking still works fine, so as driver window auto up/down, Audio system OK, digital clock still at the right time, radio stations memory still remains)

The old battery didnt go completely flat, but not enough power to start the engine. The RACQ mechanic connect a small booster battery pack to fuse box prior taking out my old battery to prevent upsetting electronic system.

I suspected a blown fuse, but could find a fuse for security system. Is there a fuse for security system? if so, is it under different name? where is it located?

Couldn't find any info about resetting security system in owners manual.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanx

aaronng
14-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Does the engine start?

PNR888
14-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Does the engine start?

engine started straight after new battery is put in. The mechanic did the voltmeter test again. It got to 14.5 V while the engine / alternator are running.

xsite85
15-08-2009, 06:10 PM
reprogram your keys

if you search in the forums there should be instructions on how to reprogram