PDA

View Full Version : Fhrx Studio's Christmas charity BBQ...

Fhrx
11-11-2004, 03:50 PM
People that know me can proceed past the italics as you’re aware of why I do this. Anyone wondering though;

I often struggle to justifying the five and six figure systems in many of the Fhrx Studio's demo cars when two thirds of the world is starving and / or suffering. Come closer to home there are still thousands of needy people just in Sydney alone, many of which will have nothing and receive nothing this Christmas. Many don’t even have use of senses we take for granted like hearing and sight. Obviously Fhrx Studio’s cannot assist them all but with your help I can help make a little difference for some.

Each year Fhrx Studio's holds a special BBQ / raffle to raise money for the needy. Originally just an good excuse to meet and eat it’s been growing each year since it’s conception. I always have quite a few demo cars there (both Fhrx Studio’s cars and often manufacturers demo cars too) so people can audition all the high end products we constantly speak about. Some of the equipment in cars for people to audition this year is:

Source units: Alpine, Nakamichi, Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood, Becker, McIntosh, Blaupunkt and Becker.
Amplifiers: ARC Audio, Audison, U-Dimension, Brax, Boston, Lanzar, Tru-Tech, Zapco, Phoenix Gold, Phass, Vibe, Diamond, JL Audio, US Technologies and Butler.
Subs: Boston (including the new G5 and G2), Image Dynamics (including the new IDMAX), Hertz, RE Audio, Phoenix Gold, Digital Designs, Vibe, Kicker, JL Audio, Diamond, Xtant and Focal.
Splits:Boston (including the new Pro’s), Morel, Diamond, DynAudio, Eton, Phass, Focal, Phoenix Gold, Hertz, Rainbow, Vibe and Polk Audio.
Miscellaneous: Stinger, Streetwires, Alto, Rane, Crystal, Optima, Odyssey and GME.

Info about the raffle and prizes
While many people are more than willing to simply chat about their cars the important part is the fundraising raffle. There are three different divisions with donations (including ticket money) going to three different charitable parties. There are various prizes supplied by both us and select wholesalers. We don’t finalise the prizes until the morning of the BBQ (otherwise many wouldn’t turn up) but listed below are some of the past prizes.

Division 1:
Ticket cost: $5
Past Prizes:: Vibe SA69, Audison SRx2, Phoenix Gold R2.5:2, Boston G12, Stinger cable kit, G-Spot deadening
Prize Supplier: Fhrx Studio’s
Benefactor: Salvation Army

Division 2:
Ticket cost: $10
Past Prizes:: Audison SRx3, Morel Pulse 6, Optima D34, Hertz HX300, Vibe BBII
Benefactor: Guide Dog Association

Division 3:
Ticket cost: $20
Past Prizes:: Zapco Reference 350, Boston Pro60, Pioneer DEH-P5650MP, Image Dynamics IDMAX10, Free installation, Focal 165V2
Benefactor: Sydney Children’s Hospital

The important details are:
When: Saturday 18th December, 2004
Where: Burrawang Beach, opposite the intersection Henry Lawson Drive and River road, Revesby.
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/bbq_map.gif
Click for larger image (http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/bbq_map.jpg)
Time: We get there around 07:00 to get undercover tables and a couple of BBQ’s etc. Anytime after that though is fine – finish is usually around 18:00-19:00.
Cost: $10 parking fee (national park) for the day. Food is free but seeing as I’m buying the food and I’m not a millionaire, feel free to donate cash, food or drink.
Security: Thieves and dishonest people are not welcome and for the ones amongst us thinking of coming down to steal something – we’ve been through it before and trust me; security is one aspect NOT overlooked (that is about all I’ll say in writing).

The day is always a lot of fun so please come along, spend time with fellow audio enthusiasts and support people less fortunate then yourselves. Please feel free to email me on fhrx777@bigpond.net for more details. If you’re a wholesaler and you would like to donate a prize please contact me. Interstate visitors are also welcome too!

The cheques are sent to the relevant charities and the receipt received from them is scanned and uploaded to our website so people know we’re not ripping anyone off.

Thankyou and see you there.

wynode
11-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey Marty......we can put this in the Events forum if you wish. Just let me/ a mod know.

Fhrx
12-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks mate - I was only putting it here as it's related to audio primarily I guess. :)

Chi
12-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Ill be in for sure.

Not sure on wot date, but before xmas would be best.

Mabe 11th IMHO.

joneblaze
12-11-2004, 10:17 AM
18th would be good for myself. :)
Would be nice to come on down and meet all y'all audiophiles...
I'm sure I'll be riding with fried's mobile... :)

Fhrx
12-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Yeah it is looking like B or C

NSX88X
12-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I'll be there marty !

wynode
13-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Details here!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11895