PDA

View Full Version : second hand springs...safe?

michael_antoi
11-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Since i'm on a budget i want to lower my car and am thinking of buying second hand springs..

is this safe or am i much better off buying new ones?

Terry
11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Aftermarket spring is very durable, usually they are more durable than the life of your car :D ....but one thing u need to care about is if the spring is too strong or too low, it will shorten the life of your factory shocks.

simpdogg
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
I may be selling my springs within a few weeks if your interested, pedders sports springs lower your car about 30mm, pm me know if your interested

joneblaze
11-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Simpdogg, please do not advertise items for sale outside of the Marketplace. If need be, take it to PM.

2nd hand springs, like all used items, should be fully examined for any damage or abuse. As mentioned, research and determine what sort of springs you are after.

|N|
11-11-2004, 10:46 PM
i got mine second hand... they seems to be alrite...
only that they r a bit too soft for me...

simpdogg
12-11-2004, 12:01 AM
NOT a advertisement dude, just helping him out now i know for the future

michael_antoi
15-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Simpdogg, please do not advertise items for sale outside of the Marketplace. If need be, take it to PM.

2nd hand springs, like all used items, should be fully examined for any damage or abuse. As mentioned, research and determine what sort of springs you are after.

i want my car about 1.5-2 inches lower what else would i want from springs?

[[d a n n y]]
15-11-2004, 11:20 AM
well u should get matching shocks too mate.

cuz your factory shocks wont take the abuse for long

fried
15-11-2004, 11:25 AM
i want my car about 1.5-2 inches lower what else would i want from springs?

nothing. just cut them
:rolleyes:

McChook
15-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Since i'm on a budget i want to lower my car and am thinking of buying second hand springs..

is this safe or am i much better off buying new ones?

Springs are funny things

They either work or they don't work... once they have settled in as new, they don't ever chane - once they sag, they sag, but it doesn;t increase over time like, for example, a shoft absorber. Springs just die, often without any signs, they just collapse

So, yes, it is a saf rpactise to buy used springs - you'll know if thy are dead when you putt hem in, but they don't usually die until they ahve done over 100,000kms....

Cyrus
20-11-2004, 03:47 PM
new springs aint that expensive either though.....