PDA

View Full Version : Aux socket - audio system

ozscott
17-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi all. Just picked up my new black 09 Euro today...sweet machine. The manual doesnt give much info at all about the Aux input socket in the centre bin for the audio...what can you plug into the thing. Can for example you plug in an MP3 player and if so do you just need an audio output cable from the MP3?

Cheers

CU2knight
17-08-2009, 09:25 PM
ozscott, you could plug a 3.5mm into the AUX socket. Get a double sided 3.5mm male to male cable, plug one end in to your car, the other end into your 3.5mm compatible device.

3.5mm=Standard earphone jack. Also Get the stereo one, avoid the mono one.
Also, after you plug it into the AUX socket, simply press the cd/aux button on the audio dash to switch from CD & AUX, you could only select AUX if something is plugged into your AUX socket.

Happy listening.

Youngster
17-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I plug in my iphone and listen to the music through the AUX.
Sound quality is ok but playing the CD'S is much better.

Type R Positive
17-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi all. Just picked up my new black 09 Euro today...sweet machine. The manual doesnt give much info at all about the Aux input socket in the centre bin for the audio...what can you plug into the thing. Can for example you plug in an MP3 player and if so do you just need an audio output cable from the MP3?

Cheers
yep, as said before, any mp3 player from the headphone socket. :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
17-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I plug in my iphone and listen to the music through the AUX.
Sound quality is ok but playing the CD'S is much better.
now that depends on the quality of your ripped mp3's :p

ozscott
18-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks all - much appreciated. I will plug it in and give it a whirl.

Cheers again

primetimex
18-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks all - much appreciated. I will plug it in and give it a whirl.

Cheers again

Ozscott, welcome and congrats on the new Black CU2 the more you drive it the more you will enjoy it!

Check out also the other threads re: the iPod and CU2 which you'll find very interesting!

ozscott
18-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks matey. I just glazed it with Klasse and I cannot get over how glass like the Crystal Black looks - I dont recall another factory car looking so good as the Hondas when glazed up.

Cheers

primetimex
18-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Hmm it's been awhile since my car's glazed up, it looks bit crap atm with all the rains on/off we've been getting here in Perth WA so no time to clean car!

But back to topic, I've posted here a few times - our CU2 is missing the USB connector that's present in the US Acura TSX

I never considered AUX to be a viable audio connector, esp as the CU2 can already play MP3 CD's, granted AUX is better than nothing but it's a poor man's connector and we already don't have full iPod capability in the CU2 (see existing thread)

Type R Positive
18-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Hmm it's been awhile since my car's glazed up, it looks bit crap atm with all the rains on/off we've been getting here in Perth WA so no time to clean car!

But back to topic, I've posted here a few times - our CU2 is missing the USB connector that's present in the US Acura TSX

I never considered AUX to be a viable audio connector, esp as the CU2 can already play MP3 CD's, granted AUX is better than nothing but it's a poor man's connector and we already don't have full iPod capability in the CU2 (see existing thread)you can buy that for extra. ;)
Aux is perfectly fine for my ipod, that's all I use in my car. Having it in the center box is nothing short of awesome. :)