PDA

View Full Version : what springs ?

euro1603
19-08-2009, 08:26 PM
i have 18inch wheels with stock shocks, i'm not after rock hard racing ride, with the 18inch wheels it needs to be lowered.. tien springs vs king springs..prices differences ? a spring is a spring right .. how many inch should i lower it.. show me your pics, for ride height.

cheers

tony1234
20-08-2009, 07:48 AM
i have 18inch wheels with stock shocks, i'm not after rock hard racing ride, with the 18inch wheels it needs to be lowered.. tien springs vs king springs..prices differences ? a spring is a spring right .. how many inch should i lower it.. show me your pics, for ride height.

cheers
Eibach springs.approx.$530+install.They're 1 of the few springs that are compatible with stock shocks.Approx.35mm drop.King springs.:thumbdwn:.In my experience they tend to sag a bit over time and they're linear,not progressive(not sure if they've changed since i had them installed over 6 yrs.ago on my previous car)Spend the extra and get decent springs.Any lowered spring will wear out a stock shock quicker than normal,some faster than others.

tenji`
20-08-2009, 08:07 AM
ill be getting some tien springs probably tomorrow once installed ill post up pics and comment on rideability

integral90
20-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Eibach springs.approx.$530+install.They're 1 of the few springs that are compatible with stock shocks.Approx.35mm drop.King springs.:thumbdwn:.In my experience they tend to sag a bit over time and they're linear,not progressive(not sure if they've changed since i had them installed over 6 yrs.ago on my previous car)Spend the extra and get decent springs.Any lowered spring will wear out a stock shock quicker than normal,some faster than others.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't skimp on quality when it comes to handling

felixd
20-08-2009, 02:43 PM
King springs dont go too low though you'll be fine :D its all about budget these days. As for the ride quality King spring will be a lil abit hard . but if you dont mind it kings is the way to go. go for the level 2 king spring or sumthing they got 3 stage rite correct me if im wrong

tenji`
20-08-2009, 04:14 PM
King springs dont go too low though you'll be fine :D its all about budget these days. As for the ride quality King spring will be a lil abit hard . but if you dont mind it kings is the way to go. go for the level 2 king spring or sumthing they got 3 stage rite correct me if im wrong

thought they were just lows or super lows that king springs come out in.

tony1234
20-08-2009, 05:33 PM
thought they were just lows or super lows that king springs come out in.
I think so too.Don't get King springs pay a bit more for better quality.

jyh888
20-08-2009, 06:27 PM
is handling improved much by jus changing to springs? say eibach springs? thinking of selling my buddyclub coilovers and investing the money in other parts...what u guys think? mainly street use and occasional track

tony1234
20-08-2009, 07:13 PM
is handling improved much by jus changing to springs? say eibach springs? thinking of selling my buddyclub coilovers and investing the money in other parts...what u guys think? mainly street use and occasional track
Eibach/Bilstein combo.You wont look back.

euro1603
20-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Do you have the model number for the eibach springs you got.. how is the ride ?

euro1603
20-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Anyone have the tein Stech shocks installed

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a42.html

just wondering how these ride with stock shocks..

racerwannabe
20-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Anyone have the tein Stech shocks installed

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a42.html

just wondering how these ride with stock shocks..

I think you will find more info about these springs on the TSX forums..

tony1234
21-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Do you have the model number for the eibach springs you got.. how is the ride ?
No sorry i don't(got it done 3 yrs.ago)Ride is firm but compliant.

integral90
21-08-2009, 04:50 PM
do you have the model number for the eibach springs you got.. How is the ride ?

e10-40-008-01-22

racerwannabe
21-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Liam have you installed your new springs and shocks? Wanna check out the drop on the eibach and bilsteins..

integral90
22-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Liam have you installed your new springs and shocks? Wanna check out the drop on the eibach and bilsteins..

Nah they're just sitting here waiting to be installed, not on yet due to... 'technicalities' :p

Also I got the Eibachs and Koni Yellows, I think the difference between the Yellows and the Bilstiens will be minute

Have you replaced your resonator and done your RSB yet?? :p

felixd
22-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Koni and Bilstiens = WINS cant go wrong with them

racerwannabe
22-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Yep i just installed the progress rsb this morning..i havent really tested it out yet so we will see..I've already replaced my CAI with the Icebox and its fantastic..

when are you going to update your build thread dude?

Phased
23-08-2009, 01:24 AM
@ OP
I would suggest upgrading shocks before you upgrade springs. The Koni yellows offer ride height adjustment, and are suitable unless you want to go extremely low. Upgrading just the springs usually will effect your handling negatively. They may make your car feel firmer and have a better center of gravity but I find the cars I've been in that run on standard shocks and after market springs, noticeably loose outright grip/stability. It also makes the car feel very loose and unpredictable. My old '00 WRX had good aftermarket springs and it made the car feel fairly horrible mid corner and corner exit, it felt unstable and not connected to the ground.

@ Integral90

Bilstiens > Koni

Looking at shock rebuilding, Bilstiens are much easier to find people that can build them and are usually cheaper to rebuild. However they have their drawbacks; Initial Outlay, Most that are in a reasonable price range have no adjustability of the damper and no Height Adjustability.

I would probebly prefer the Koni yellows overall, as they offer so much more for a better price... and are still a great shock. If you want all out one of the best shocks you can buy... then go with something Bilstien.