PDA

View Full Version : Security system (alarm)

DavidLing
11-11-2004, 09:49 PM
I installed a Mongoose M20S security system today! Which is a 1-point immoblizor with alarm (plus the original one, then become 2 immoblizors).

I also installed auto power window lefter too. only $100 extra, is cheap. But the problem is u need to disable the drive side window auto up/down, in order to use auto window lefter. The salesman didn't tell me this problem until i got my car back :thumbdwn: ! :(

But anyway, it is a good feature for me because i alway forget to close the window. After i installed this feature, i no need to turn on my car again for lefting the window up!

|N|
11-11-2004, 10:53 PM
I also installed auto power window lefter too. only $100 extra, is cheap. But the problem is u need to disable the drive side window auto up/down, in order to use auto window lefter. The salesman didn't tell me this problem until i got my car back :thumbdwn: ! :(

thats not true... i used to have windows lift on my ex car... and i still get to keep the auto up/down...

TypeG
11-11-2004, 11:03 PM
same here

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 12:15 AM
same here

Really:!: :!: :!:
What brand you guys using? also Mongoose???

the guy told me that the system remember the position (level) of the window. if they keep the original auto up/down, and open half of the window, when the system on, the window will move up and down between half way and the top non-stop!!
(sorry for my bad english, do u knwo what i mean??)

dark138
12-11-2004, 12:20 AM
just a rta note

the system is illegal coz there have been accidents where childen have been seriously injured with those systems installed

bleh i wouln't mind one in my car ;)

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 12:24 AM
just a rta note

the system is illegal coz there have been accidents where childen have been seriously injured with those systems installed

I kown a similar accident, is about a child was locked in the car and all the window close, because the temp is very hot, he couldn't feel well!

But i really don't know that is illegal!!

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 12:33 AM
if they keep the original auto up/down, and open half of the window, when the system on, the window will move up and down between half way and the top non-stop!!

so i think they can keep the original auto up/down, but they want to avoid this bug, so they disable it.

|N| and TypeG, did u try to test your auto window lefter like what i said b4:
1. low down the dirver side window to half way (not open or close it completely)
2. turn on the system (if u are using 2nd channel of the lefter, try to turn the 2nd channel on)

what is the result? does the window close as normal, or moving up and down??

If your window close as normal, that means i bought a S*H*I*T alarm! SIGH! :( I should ask u guy before i bought it!!

TypeG
12-11-2004, 01:31 AM
yes
all work fine
that's is really bull shit
he just dunno what he is doing or as what ppl said, he dun want to fix that bug which he dunno how to over come
lol
i got same thing done in 4 of my previous car, and will be on my jazz soon when my frd come back from oversea.
=)

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I am using Mongoose alarm system, and i also installed it in Mongoose. So i think they are the professional to install their own alarm! but......

Actually, if they told me this bug at the time i order it, i think i will still go ahead. However, they told me after the alarm has been installed and i know this bug when they do the demo to me!!

So, TypeG, what is the brand name of the alarm that u are using??

TypeG
12-11-2004, 10:30 AM
i dunno
my frd is an alarm installer and supplier so i just choose the style and the remote and i will go for it without seeing the box
lol

muli
12-11-2004, 01:00 PM
just a rta note

so whats illegal?

auto window winders e.g like the jazz, if you actually but your hand on it and give it slight force the drivers door will automatically go down, this kind of child proof stuff has been atleast on mercs since eary 80's.
or did you mean that having a alarm that winds the window up or down when a button is pressed on the remote cause in that case my friends dads 200? E-class mercs has this feature standard in the car remote

dark138
12-11-2004, 01:32 PM
the remote to close the window up/down.

i m sure the merc will have a resistant sensor say if something gets into the way, it will come back down. but most aftermarket window models doesn't have that safety feature and which by the way most after market mods are rated illegal by RTA anyways

muli
12-11-2004, 04:41 PM
aftermarket ones would be illegal, all of them would be illegal but even with the jazz the only window that doesnt go all the way down is the drivers windows if there is some obstruction, but most european cars would have it on all windows