PDA

View Full Version : Newbi - Cams Civic

billy_leb
20-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi,

jus bought a 99 civic, jan built, but i think one of the cams jus went while i was driving the other day, was gonna change em i want more HP, but i dunno wat to get.

Its a 99 GLI civic, but got a bit done to it, previous owner put in a shortshift kit wit pod filter all i no of,

wats the best cams to get for it to increase HP.

joyride
20-08-2009, 11:45 PM
contact TODA Australia. Theyre based in wetherill park in NSW.

vinnY
21-08-2009, 01:11 AM
do toda even make d series cams?

TODA AU
21-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi,

jus bought a 99 civic, jan built, but i think one of the cams jus went while i was driving the other day, was gonna change em i want more HP, but i dunno wat to get.

Its a 99 GLI civic, but got a bit done to it, previous owner put in a shortshift kit wit pod filter all i no of,

wats the best cams to get for it to increase HP.

Don't take this the wrong way.
Seriously.... Don't spend money on this engine...
It's an absolute WOFTAM....
If you want the car to go faster, look an en engine swap or sell it & buy a faster car.

& we don't have any cams for D-series engines either... sorry

MikeyG
21-08-2009, 06:50 PM
i hope your going to turbo it if you get cams casue it would be a waste NA... if you are going to turbo then get bisimoto cams and cam gears, camshaft, valve springs and retainers then slap a decent turbo kit or custom...

dont get greddy turbo kit casue its shit!

robert@bisimoto
28-10-2009, 06:17 AM
... if you are going to turbo then get bisimoto cams and cam gears, camshaft, valve springs and retainers then slap a decent turbo kit or custom...

If anyone needs more information on Bisimoto products and/or services, feel free to pm or email me at robert@bisimoto.com

02gzm
28-10-2009, 02:41 PM
It's a single cam. And there's no way your cam can "go". Maybe a bit more research into what a camshaft does might help...

EDIT: Gah just noticed this is a 2 month old bump..