PDA

View Full Version : hiflow cat & CEL

SHU-ES1
21-08-2009, 11:13 PM
hi guys,

im looking at getting a 2.25" hi flow metal cat 100cpsi. ive heard if i make the wrong choice it will make my car throw a CEL? is this really the case, cos my bro said he a straight pipe on his dc2r and it never threw a CEL on him. im looking at picking one up this weekend so i dont want to make the wrong choice and have to buy another. im driving an 02 civic vi. any info would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
tony.

bennjamin
22-08-2009, 12:14 AM
since the ITR has a o2 sensor before the cat , its unlikely to throw a cell due to open , too big or too small cat. convertor. I personally have had a blown cat. convertor - my engine/ecu never threw a CEL for it.

But a possibly different story for your 02 civic - i personally dont know if the cat is before or after the primary/secondary o2 sensor sorry. Thats for you to find out or some one here to tell ya !

SHU-ES1
22-08-2009, 12:24 AM
The 2nd O2 sensor is after the cat converter. My query is, if i get a 100, or 200, or even 400cpsi hiflow metal cat, will I be throwing a CEL? I was looking at getting a 100cpsi, but was wondering if its catalytic capabilites will not be as good since its not as dense as say the 200 or 400 cpsi cat so therefore will throw a CEL on me? I believe I have a ob2 ecu. If I have a cat of any sort will prevent a CEL being thrown, or only a particular cpsi cat will prevent it? just getting a bit paranoid before the purchase :P thanks for the info! any more would be great. cheers again.

bennjamin
22-08-2009, 12:27 AM
since your secondary is after the cat , if your run too rich or too lean or foul the o2 you will obviously run a CEL. Rectify this , by running a close as possible-to-OEM style cat as possible IMO.

Anyone with a 01+ civic out there , have some better input ?