PDA

View Full Version : Where to get mugen parts?

alexsteege
22-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I've recently moved to australia from the US, and I'm having a hard time finding parts for my new car.

I'm looking for Mugen sports suspension and catback exhaust for my 98 Civic Hatch. The only place I can find to buy them is in the US (www.kingmotorsports.com). Does anyone know a Australian based supplier, preferably in the ACT, or sydney?

If not, will the "US" parts fit? I'm assuming the suspension will, no problem. But does the exhaust path differ front left to right hand drive? I doubt it, just wondering. (part numbers are 18000-XGE-K2S0 and 50000-XGE-K0S0).

Thanks

blk_shadow
22-08-2009, 10:42 AM
exhaust parts will be the same, suspension will be the same for both LHD and RHD

are you in Sydney?

yourfather
22-08-2009, 10:43 AM
exhaust stuff usually no probrem.

to get original mugen stuff you're better finding someone who ships straight from japan to your house.

unfortunately most australian based suppliers get hit with high customs and duty fees and then have to charge you a 10% sales tax,

then they have to make a profit on what they sell to you.

one place I have used before to buy suspension is nengun.com

They ship from Japan straight to your door and usually the price is cheaper. The thing is dude, because we drive on the same side of the road as japanese, usually the parts are already suited for our application.

alexsteege
22-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Cool, thanks for the info.

I'm in the ACT, but travel to sydney frequently.

jords
22-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Nengun for sure!

blk_shadow
24-08-2009, 09:00 PM
you can try inlinefour.com as well, but its US based tho