PDA

View Full Version : problem after changing spark plugs

totojojo
24-08-2009, 09:47 PM
hey guys, i changed all 4 spark plugs today for my 03 jazz L15A. i got those plugs from burson and all the same model as factory ones, the ngk iridium.
after the change, i noticed there is a huge power loss when i hit the gas hard, or going higher rpms. when i drive easy down lower rpms, the car runs better, like it normally does. when idling, the car randomly SHAKES, like a big subwoofer inside the car.
could someone have any idea what the problems could be?
im planning to change them back to old ones for a try tomorrow.
thanks in advance

regards
totti

NA15BS
24-08-2009, 10:09 PM
maybe you put the spark plug wire wrong way around, maybe, please check.

totojojo
24-08-2009, 10:26 PM
maybe you put the spark plug wire wrong way around, maybe, please check.

thats not possible. there was a plug goes into the black this which i would think is a ignition coil pack, and it goes into the spark plug hole.
but thanks anyway

hoey888
24-08-2009, 10:50 PM
is it auto or manual?

with the shaking when your idling, does it feel like its stalling and about to die or just idles rough and shakes a bit?

totojojo
24-08-2009, 11:16 PM
is it auto or manual?

with the shaking when your idling, does it feel like its stalling and about to die or just idles rough and shakes a bit?

its manual.
and it doesnt seem to die, just shakes

e240
25-08-2009, 12:29 AM
check the tops of the spark plugs and make sure they're screwed on tight.

bc143
25-08-2009, 01:14 AM
as e240 says could be the fit of your new plug. sound like one not fit properly

omgzilla
25-08-2009, 05:20 PM
As above - recheck the tension on the plugs.

Also, double check the heat range on the plugs and make sure they're the same as OEM plugs.

I thought the Jazz had a sequential ignition system? 2x plugs per cylinder - so 8x spark plugs all up? Not too sure on this, but maybe the plug type/heat range is different for each plug-set and the wrong type/heat range has been fitted to the wrong set position?

Some makes of cars have 'funny' ignition systems with twin spark and different heat range plug sets so they can have smooth running characteristics for different climate and cold start conditions etc.
Just a thought...

totojojo
25-08-2009, 07:49 PM
thanks guys. problem is solved.
one of the plug is actually faulty due to a drop or something that caused the problem.
burson gave me another set of new ones and they are working well.

bc143
26-08-2009, 10:22 PM
As above - recheck the tension on the plugs.

Also, double check the heat range on the plugs and make sure they're the same as OEM plugs.

I thought the Jazz had a sequential ignition system? 2x plugs per cylinder - so 8x spark plugs all up? Not too sure on this, but maybe the plug type/heat range is different for each plug-set and the wrong type/heat range has been fitted to the wrong set position?

Some makes of cars have 'funny' ignition systems with twin spark and different heat range plug sets so they can have smooth running characteristics for different climate and cold start conditions etc.
Just a thought...

i though only the 1.3 is twin spark

twing
29-08-2009, 12:03 PM
you are right. Only the old i-DSi engine has the dual spark plugs.