PDA

View Full Version : is it just me???

projekt kal
12-11-2004, 04:02 PM
hey i got some kings super lows with GAB shocks on my civic... and it feels really soft... like i can feel everything on the road!!!! even when like the road is relatively smooth, the car jus keeps bouncing

so is it jus my car??? has anyone else experinced this???

will it be the same if.. say i get a set of eibach springs??

VTEC16
12-11-2004, 04:43 PM
im not sure that you know what your talking about (no offence).

Hard suspension transmits all the bumps and vibrations into the cabin - so you can "feel everything on the road".

While Soft suspension soaks up the bumps and impacts and generally you cant feel the road as well.

...hope that helps...

DLO01
12-11-2004, 04:53 PM
hey i got some kings super lows with GAB shocks on my civic... and it feels really soft... like i can feel everything on the road!!!! even when like the road is relatively smooth, the car jus keeps bouncing

so is it jus my car??? has anyone else experinced this???

will it be the same if.. say i get a set of eibach springs??

Yeh, think you might have that wrong dude, like Vetc16 said. If your feeling the bumps more, then you have harder springs as it is trasmitting the bumps through the supension and not soaking it up like soft springs.
Generally lowered springs are harder as there is less stroke to work with, if they were soft you'd be hitting your bump stops. But you car should not bounce, your shocks should dampen that.

will_pop
12-11-2004, 08:35 PM
dude... check out my thread
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10745

3 pages about how it feel... generally it's the spring and shocks r too hard.....

Cyrus
19-11-2004, 03:29 PM
it could also be because of travel for your shocks, it might have really short travel...I had a friend with JIC suspension with damn short travel,...bumper as hell even though the spring rate is not super hard