PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Seal

dundas
12-11-2004, 05:24 PM
hey,
umm need help-- can the spark plug seals be removed from the rocker cover?
i tried at the wreckers but it wouldnt come out-:S

umm is there a secret way to take em out or not-- if so would any1 know how much they are from honda. or anywhere else u can get..
this is SPECFIC for my 94 ACCORD Vti early CD series accord.
umm what else.. im located in adelaide- and need it ASAP---will be calling honda 2morrow but need sum info before then. thanks...

are the spark plug seals REQUIRED or not? (looks like they arent...but im sure they play important role in prevent oil leaks).

***this occured because i took me rocker cover off to get it polished up ^_^ came out super.. but the guys who did it kinda destroyed me seals and they did tell me to but i didnt see them when i was remopving all da rubbers***

Regards
Dundas

wynode
12-11-2004, 05:37 PM
What do you mean by the seal?

In most honda's you can only take off the boot, and then undo the sparkplug. For anything more (like the o-rings) you have to take the cam cover off.

dundas
12-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Ok u know the rocker cover.. if u take dat off---
or also known as cylinder vlave cover=== there are seals which go on the inner side of the cover. They are rubber and about 10cent piece round (lil bigger). well yeah da cover is taken off...

i need to know ARGHHH

wynode
13-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Sounds like the O-rings to me.

So what is the problem?

Not sure about your accord, but with civics, once you take the rocker cover off, you can get access to these 0-rings

dundas
13-11-2004, 06:41 PM
ok all good-- went to honda today and bought sum new SPARK PLUG SEALS ^_^
they cost me A LOT for each one ^_^ (yeah damn genuine honda parts aint cheap)////
so yeah i fitted them in and now its all safe-- engine all lubed up and sparkies all dry ^_^