PDA

View Full Version : Shocks Leaking On Type R

etcha
12-11-2004, 05:43 PM
I need some help i just lowered my dc2r 3 inches all round and now after 2 months one of my shocks are leaking. What should i do?
Get 1 new from honda?
Or get new ones all round? But if i do this will it reck my handling?

bennjamin
12-11-2004, 05:48 PM
That is what happens when you drastically change the dynamics of any OEM part of any car....you change its lifespan - in this case , shortening it !

You need new / used shocks....the ones u have on now are not rebuildable . I suggest getting performance shocks or even coilovers if you have the money , to cope with your wanted "drop".

3 inches is dumped...too low IMHO.

Alpine
12-11-2004, 08:53 PM
3 inches is dumped...too low IMHO.

Yeah....ESPECIALLY on STOCK shocks!

tinkerbell
13-11-2004, 11:57 AM
But if i do this will it reck my handling?

no - you have already wrecked it.

vtc
13-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Um.. chances are if one is ****ed.. means that the other 3 are under more pressure now. If you replace one.. the others will **** up eventually. You have a performance car.. dont go ruining it but doing cheap mods, spend the extra money to get a complete suspension (aftermarket shocks).

linkorr
13-11-2004, 02:26 PM
yeah what they all said. I'd say you need to get proper suspension setup now. Adjustable suspenstion would be better suited if you wanted a lowered car. You didn't do any favours to improve the handling of your car already. So now you've just got to bite the bullet and get a new suspension setup. A proper one. It may cost you a fair bit of $.. but well.. damage is done.

etcha
24-11-2004, 05:45 PM
any1 got any ideas on what type to get

spoondc2
24-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I find KYB AGX seems working good on local products
I personally not recommend coilovers on street, at least i don't like to drive my car on the street

but anyway, someone is selling his type-r shocks

etcha
26-11-2004, 04:17 PM
What about koni adjustables? Also how much for a set of KYB AGX?