PDA

View Full Version : jazz obd series and tuning problems

redmugenjazz
25-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey i have just installed a vafc into my jazz. It seems abit stupid to add a power mod to a jazz but its just to fill my heart's content on modding because i'm just of ideas for modding my jazz. I adjusted for -1% lower fuel for narrow throttle to lean out the mixture a little. I adjusted a gradual increase to 5% on the high cam profile (known as a second cam lobe in the L15 engine) up until 6500. I noticed a slight difference in power and feel the car pull up until redline. I'm currently running a diy pvc cold air intake and a twin loop muffler. WRT to fuel consumption under normal driving i am currently sitting on 5.0l/100km according to computer after doing 40 kms.

My question is, would these setting revert to stock overtime. Because the jazz came out after 2000 so i'm suspecting it has an obd2 series port which preety much defeats any piggy back mod because the ecu eventually learns AFR's off the o2 sensor. I'm loving this mod and it would seriously suck if i need to reset the ecu periodically should the ecu be of the newer version and reset overtime.

M@lew
25-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't you need to tune a vafc on a dyno etc. to properly calibrate it?

redmugenjazz
25-08-2009, 11:09 PM
nah its dodgey backyard stuff for my daily driver, :P i'll get a tune one day when centrelink permits

alvin_R
31-08-2009, 02:52 PM
is it manual or auto??

redmugenjazz
31-08-2009, 09:27 PM
manual cheers

alvin_R
01-09-2009, 12:50 AM
if it is manual then it able to do a proper tune via dyno cause im running neo in my auto CVT but currently i counldnt find any tunner can tune CVT here so i was end up have to source the data from HK and China for the Neo Setting, but i know it is not the best setting but it already can let me feel the diffenernt. any way good luck with it

redmugenjazz
01-09-2009, 07:54 AM
so ur running stok or mods? how is it had to tune, isn't man and auto trans the same?

02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
stock ecu wont be learning anything!

what are you adjusting is the VAFC which is by pass the ECU for that sections.

ECU ROM wont be written or overwrite with it. it only can be done with ROM Burner / Flash writter.

it woks similar to CD-R and CD-RW its there and it wont be adjusted until you re-rom it.

redmugenjazz
03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
thnx 040501912, nice analogy, btw alvin r what settings are u running - just wanna know for a rought guide to key in some values for a trial and error run.