PDA

View Full Version : Sensible Mods

KraZie_KarL
26-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi Everyone

I have a 97 EK1 Civic hatch d16y with <60K on the clock (Believe it or not).

What are simple and sensible mods to get more power and better handling?

Right now I have chucked in a K&N Panel Filter in the stock air box.

Any Ideas???

Thanks
Karl

rayb3na_
26-08-2009, 12:52 PM
hrmms adjustable coilovers bigger swaybars bushings depends what you want the car for really?

clutch
26-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Exhaust, extractors, cold air intake, pod. Theyre the main ones, apart from that there isnt alot else u can do :-/

KraZie_KarL
26-08-2009, 07:33 PM
The civic is just my daily driver so I want to be sensible to avoid the police. lol.

Im saving the serious cash for my evo (I'll have one... eventually!) lol.

I just love the civic. cheap on fuel and reliable. I just wanted to give it a little more performance without laying out a lot of cash. might just put on a full exhaust, already got the cold air, upgrade the suspension, light weight rims and cf bonnet and spoiler.

clutch
26-08-2009, 08:12 PM
The civic is just my daily driver so I want to be sensible to avoid the police. lol.

Im saving the serious cash for my evo (I'll have one... eventually!) lol.

I just love the civic. cheap on fuel and reliable. I just wanted to give it a little more performance without laying out a lot of cash. might just put on a full exhaust, already got the cold air, upgrade the suspension, light weight rims and cf bonnet and spoiler.

if you want to avoid cops i wouldnt put any carbon fibre panels on... thats cop bait lol

Anwyl
31-08-2009, 03:32 AM
yeah just do pretty much everything you listed best thing basic things to do :) but if you wanna go all out with them lil mods even you say you don't want to...get mugen twin loop/spoon n1 exhaust/headers, mugen intake box. :)

EK1.6LCIV
31-08-2009, 01:37 PM
if youre saving for an evo, not really much point spending cash on your ek1, best bet for resale is to leave it as stock as possible

and with those k's dont touch a thing lol

just my 2c worth, seriously that is very very low for its age

nd55
31-08-2009, 04:19 PM
> might just put on a full exhaust, already got the cold air, upgrade the suspension, light weight rims and cf bonnet and spoiler

exhaust + intake will achieve a lot of noise, a little increase in power a the expense of a fair amount of cash.

cf bonnet will do VERY little. ditto the spoiler.

tyres, tyres, tyres !!!!!!! even on stock rims will be the best bang for buck.

Next step up will be a performance wheel alignment, -2.5 degrees front, -1.5 degrees rear, zero toe.

Rims are an absolute necessity only because they look great.

Nick.

KraZie_KarL
01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
if youre saving for an evo, not really much point spending cash on your ek1, best bet for resale is to leave it as stock as possible

and with those k's dont touch a thing lol

just my 2c worth, seriously that is very very low for its age

Cheers dude

Unfortunately some chick ran a give way last night and I t-boned her good. Now my car has front end damage and isnt looking good :( I'll get some pics up for yas soon. Just towed it to the smash repairs and waiting to hear if it gets fixed or written off. :( Not happy!! I hadn't even fully saved for my next car yet.
So disappointed coz her car is just a dent on the side. my whole front is ... not good. haha.

Oh well, wait and see.....

EK1.6LCIV
01-09-2009, 01:42 PM
holy cow! least youre ok tho, and by the looks of things at worst you'll get the market value plus what ever was insured on your policy, may even have enough for an ek4 :)

KraZie_KarL
01-09-2009, 01:56 PM
holy cow! least youre ok tho, and by the looks of things at worst you'll get the market value plus what ever was insured on your policy, may even have enough for an ek4 :)

Yeah found one in perth looks nice but it's done 4 times the amount of Ks that my car has done.
Ah well... keep looking around. :) i want an ek9... what are my chances? hehe

jks24
01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Cheers dude

Unfortunately some chick ran a give way last night and I t-boned her good. Now my car has front end damage and isnt looking good :( I'll get some pics up for yas soon. Just towed it to the smash repairs and waiting to hear if it gets fixed or written off. :( Not happy!! I hadn't even fully saved for my next car yet.
So disappointed coz her car is just a dent on the side. my whole front is ... not good. haha.

Oh well, wait and see.....

damm dude exact same thing happened to me back in early july, had a lady fail to give way and i went straight into the side, it wrote my ek1 off. I thought 84000kms was low on mine but yours is really low. As ryan said you might be able to upgrade now if its written off, thats what i did and got an EM1. Good luck with it :)

EK1.6LCIV
01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah found one in perth looks nice but it's done 4 times the amount of Ks that my car has done.

yea theyre around, unfortunately the ek4s are owned by drivers like myself who love to drive distances and should all be realistically over the 200000k mark :) they still run just as nice tho

as for finding an EK9, there's only a handful in oz, best bet would be to work in NZ or Japan for a few yrs and bring one back with you as a personal import

beeza
01-09-2009, 02:04 PM

You can do a full rebuild for $3k,which really you should be looking to do anyways,while the engine is out.I mean the b series engines are getting older now and they should be rebuilt to avoid issues later.It's just a good investment,otherwise it's a risk...