PDA

View Full Version : Best spark plugs for CL9 Accord Euro (2003)

mrdouble08
26-08-2009, 01:33 PM
What brand/model does everyone recommend for a spark plug? Bosch fusions are on special from Super Cheap (4 for $79) however i'm lead to believe that NGK irdiums are the perfect replacement?

Also does anyone know what has to be done for the 100,000km and 120,000km services? Honda reckons that the manual transmission oil is replaced at the 120 mark but the cd manual thing I bought from ebay (by the way is awesome) says 100,000km mark.

sodhi90
26-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Get the NGK Iridiums , thats what i used and i replaced them at 100ks, i paid $78 for 4 from Gibbos auto spares

aaronng
26-08-2009, 02:13 PM
NGK Iridiums come with the car as STOCK. You can use NGK iridium or Denso iridium.
NGK's part number is IZFR6K11. Denso's part number is SKJ20DRM11.

traumatized
26-08-2009, 02:41 PM
NGK have two types of iridium spark plug the one to look for are the 'Laser' ones which come with the euro from the factory or just by the part number as stated by Aaron

xxb4xx
26-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm doing my gearbox now at 80k and I believe that's way too long, now that I own the car, the box oil will be done every 40k.. Gonna get them to check the plugs too and replace if needed, I did the iridium plugs on the Subaru every 50k

aaronng
26-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm doing my gearbox now at 80k and I believe that's way too long, now that I own the car, the box oil will be done every 40k.. Gonna get them to check the plugs too and replace if needed, I did the iridium plugs on the Subaru every 50k

I agree with the gearbox every 40k. I do mine every 2 years, which is about 40k. As for the plugs, I bought a spare set at 60k and inspected the original ones. There was no wear and no problems, so I left them in there until 80k. I'm on the new set now and I can feel zero difference, which means the original set were still not worn out at 80k eventhough I had been to a few trackdays.

xxb4xx
26-08-2009, 10:09 PM
So the Honda is friendly to the plugs ay? Maybe cause subarus to this day are never tuned properly to run aus fuel, they are all tuned rich, and foul plugs I guess!

Do you notice a good difference on these box's with new fluid? Mind feels a tiny bit notchy these days.. But then again it's original 2004 oil!

aaronng
29-08-2009, 10:38 PM
So the Honda is friendly to the plugs ay? Maybe cause subarus to this day are never tuned properly to run aus fuel, they are all tuned rich, and foul plugs I guess!

Do you notice a good difference on these box's with new fluid? Mind feels a tiny bit notchy these days.. But then again it's original 2004 oil!

I change mine every 2 years. Helps with the notchy 2nd gear.

hooyn
30-08-2009, 02:50 PM
what plugs can i use if i want to try to reduce or possibly eliminate the noise that the stock ones make ?

tony1234
30-08-2009, 05:51 PM
what plugs can i use if i want to try to reduce or possibly eliminate the noise that the stock ones make ?
I think the noise you're talking about comes from the injectors.

aaronng
30-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Plugs don't make noise. They start explosions..... Good explosions...

hooyn
01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
lol yeah i was thinking about it yesterday and hurrr durrrrrrrrr

denot
02-09-2009, 10:30 AM
is there any effect in changing the OEM plugs to something better. I was thinking of replacing mine (CU2) to NGK iridium before, but since aarong said it comes as OEM with CL9. I shouldnt be bothered anymore right?

Type R Positive
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
is there any effect in changing the OEM plugs to something better. I was thinking of replacing mine (CU2) to NGK iridium before, but since aarong said it comes as OEM with CL9. I shouldnt be bothered anymore right?
No, not really. Only if the ones you got have had it.

Take one out and have a look at what it is. NGK iridiums are good plugs, I run them in my dirtbike. They just last shitloads longer than cheapo plugs.
There was no way I could tell any performance difference between a hotter or colder plug, different types of plugs, or different brands of plugs.

craze
02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
i think you might get better fuel consumption by changing the spark plugs

aaronng
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
i think you might get better fuel consumption by changing the spark plugs

Changing them to which plugs? That is the question. :) Iridiums already have one of the best sparks out there with their fine tip.

craze
02-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Changing them to which plugs? That is the question. :) Iridiums already have one of the best sparks out there with their fine tip.

yeah that's true thanks aaron

corn_flakes
16-04-2011, 02:24 PM
my car has done about 45k in 5 years...do i or should i change the spark plugs???

i took them out today to inspect them and they still look ok...a bit dirty and brown but not black or fouled. is it worth replacing them or do they still have alot of life left? they're stock NGK iridiums btw.

i don't like the fact that my euro takes a good amount of cranking before it fires up, sometimes it takes even more cranks. it just feels really sluggish when starting up. so i'm trying to see what i could possibly change to make it crank better. the battery definitely isn't the problem since i have a new supercharge gold in there. what else could it be?

also wondering, these bottles of 'injector' cleaners that they sell...do they really do what they're supposed to? or am i wasting my money?

SPQR
16-04-2011, 04:37 PM
They make sharp popping sound... But because they're burried in a head and the big bang follows fast, you don't hear the plugs.

Fredoops
16-04-2011, 06:16 PM
my car has done about 45k in 5 years...do i or should i change the spark plugs???

i took them out today to inspect them and they still look ok...a bit dirty and brown but not black or fouled. is it worth replacing them or do they still have alot of life left? they're stock NGK iridiums btw.

i don't like the fact that my euro takes a good amount of cranking before it fires up, sometimes it takes even more cranks. it just feels really sluggish when starting up. so i'm trying to see what i could possibly change to make it crank better. the battery definitely isn't the problem since i have a new supercharge gold in there. what else could it be?

also wondering, these bottles of 'injector' cleaners that they sell...do they really do what they're supposed to? or am i wasting my money?

Injector cleaners do work. Especially if your car is getting old.

About Starting up problems... whens the last time you got your battery checked? I used to have the same sort of problems when my battery starts to die.

tony1234
16-04-2011, 07:23 PM

I changed mine at approx.45K and yes it did make a bit of difference.Car was a bit more responsive.I wouldn't worry about using those injector cleaners in a bottle.Get a mech.to do the injector cleaner that is sprayed into the inlet manifold or get the Subaru injector cleaner in a spray can.It's really good stuff.

dtngo
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Does anyone have thoughts on buying the plugs from the US via eBay? They're around $65 delivered for a set of four. I haven't checked local prices but I'm sure they'd be $80+.

jbjb
19-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I got Brisk plugs from ebay, working quite smart response.