PDA

View Full Version : CRV paint help!

sunnyl
26-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi all, I've had my 09 sparkle grey CRV for about 3 weeks now, and its going in for its first service tomorrow. So today I decided to give the car a wash as its getting some accessories attached.

This car has done ~1500km and has lived in a lock up garage. When I climbed up to wash the roof I saw what was in the attachment.

I've never washed the car myself until today (using soapy water), so I haven't used any crazy chemicals or anything, and thinking of it I've never looked properly on the roof of the car until today anyway.

Do I have a car with a dodgy paint work?

They look like white streaks or even bubbles, but I've tried to wash it off with no luck. It almost looks like its underneath the outer glossy layer of the paint.

4thGenExi
27-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd be querying those marks with the dealer for sure....can't be certain but the pre delivery detail done by whomever you bought the car off might have done a dodgy job.

Having that kind of defect direct from the factory is rare, and you'd think they would have picked it up before it was sold. I think some hacks probably spilt a strong solvent on the roof. God knows how/why etc

sunnyl
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
The dealer got the detailer to polish the roof, which got the marks out :)