PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 IM for K series

jyh888
26-08-2009, 04:33 PM
hey guys was doing a lot of research on the RBC IM, and as we all know by now the common problem is loss of mid-end power. I was doing some reading last night and fortunately found that skunk2 has just developed and placed their new intake manifold for K series engines in the market!

It has similar design to the RBC but has larger plenum and shorter/fatter runners, it is a direct fit to the K24 and increases both mid and top end power!

check it out at http://cms.skunk2.com/id/263/K-SERIES-INTAKE-MANIFOLDS/

retail price is $500 US and arround the 700-800$ AU mark

I have already placed an order with JDM Yard, they will have it next month
and i will test the product and dyno it to see the gains, will post back shortly

have a read and see what u guys think, i wanna get some comments/opinions before i put some cash on this!

felixd
26-08-2009, 05:05 PM
same design i believe :D u need to do k20/k24 to produce more power :D might aswell just get the RBC

tony1234
26-08-2009, 05:42 PM
hey guys was doing a lot of research on the RBC IM, and as we all know by now the common problem is loss of mid-end power. I was doing some reading last night and fortunately found that skunk2 has just developed and placed their new intake manifold for K series engines in the market!

It has similar design to the RBC but has larger plenum and shorter/fatter runners, it is a direct fit to the K24 and increases both mid and top end power!

check it out at http://cms.skunk2.com/id/263/K-SERIES-INTAKE-MANIFOLDS/

retail price is $500 US and arround the 700-800$ AU mark

and i will test the product and dyno it to see the gains, will post back shortly

have a read and see what u guys think, i wanna get some comments/opinions before i put some cash on this!

Hmmm,looks interesting,you might be onto something there.I'll be interested to see how it performs both driving and on the dyno.

aaronng
26-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Let us know how it performs on your low revving k24a engine. Skunk2 parts are usually designed for the k20 even if they mention k24. So I'm guessing that you will end up with only a slight increase in torque at high rpm because this intake manifold is designed for 8000+ rpm operation.

integral90
27-08-2009, 01:07 AM

Good luck seeing midrange gains without tuning :p

Would be very interested to see your peak power compared to mine, what other bolt-ons have you done?

jyh888
27-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Good luck seeing midrange gains without tuning :p

Would be very interested to see your peak power compared to mine, what other bolt-ons have you done?

injen intake and fujitsubo catback, saving up for IM and toda headers and piggyback tune with greddy emanage

im done some more research on the skunk2 IM and i think its marketed for K swaps as it is a direct bolt on and no need for tb adapters and i think it will be very similar to the rbc in terms of gains but to get max power probably need to get utilise the skunk2 intake and exhaust cams...

if i stick with rbc and tsx tb and tune it with greddy, do u guys reckon i can improve the mid range curve?

EuroAccord13
27-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I've done testing on the RBC Manifold, have a read at;

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84361

Bottomline, is I don't find it beneficial unless you have extensive modifications and a higher RPM line.
I did not get much benefits from just I/H/E until I slapped the cams on.

Another thing to note is that the RBC is still cheaper to buy abeit with a smaller TB opening :D....

BusterSonic12
30-08-2009, 11:09 AM
injen intake and fujitsubo catback, saving up for IM and toda headers and piggyback tune with greddy emanage

im done some more research on the skunk2 IM and i think its marketed for K swaps as it is a direct bolt on and no need for tb adapters and i think it will be very similar to the rbc in terms of gains but to get max power probably need to get utilise the skunk2 intake and exhaust cams...

if i stick with rbc and tsx tb and tune it with greddy, do u guys reckon i can improve the mid range curve?

I got a brand new emanage ultimate + harness (manual) for our euro sitting right next to me, never used. PM if interested =)

BusterSonic12
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
any news with this skunk2 IM?

jyh888
13-10-2009, 07:02 PM
any news with this skunk2 IM?

just recently purchased toda headers so havent had time or money lol to try the new skunk2 IM. I think there are some reviews from the US, if i find any i will post back but otherwise i am still looking at my options whether to stick with a port matched RBB or maybe RBC, still not sure if i am going to get cams and go full standalone ecu in the future.

whatever i do, i will post results

jyh888
13-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Btw on that note, the toda headers are awesome! i didnt post a review because there were already so many done before and im sure everyone knows about it. But i jus have to say the headers were the best mod i have ever bought besides coilovers. Increase in torque/power in every rev range and this is jus from driving (havent done dyno yet).

The throttle is so much more responsive and requires less acceleration when going up hills. I definately recommend to any euro owner!

KaZe86
13-10-2009, 08:11 PM
yup yup toda headers ARE awesome!! :thumbsup:

Benson
13-10-2009, 08:41 PM
There is alot of mix review from the skunk2 IM. I'd stick with the RBC or RRC manifold

jyh888
13-10-2009, 08:46 PM
There is alot of mix review from the skunk2 IM. I'd stick with the RBC or RRC manifold

yea thats what i heard to. Thanks for your opinion, theres no rush for it atm jus doing more research.