PDA

View Full Version : feel bumpy with DC2R suspension

altong0840
26-08-2009, 04:48 PM
hi everyone,~ i got a civic EG and currently installed a set of DC2R suspension on it~ but i feel it is a bit bumpy on the road and not very comfortable~ i checked the shock is strong not leaking or worn, so is it normal or i can adjust it a bit??

clutch
26-08-2009, 04:57 PM
hi everyone,~ i got a civic EG and currently installed a set of DC2R suspension on it~ but i feel it is a bit bumpy on the road and not very comfortable~ i checked the shock is strong not leaking or worn, so is it normal or i can adjust it a bit??

a bit bumpy as in wobbling or to "stiff"?

if you mean stiff you will have to check wether your suspension is damper adjustable, otherwise you can raise the ride height to get more spring work aka less stiff

dinorider
26-08-2009, 06:52 PM
That's how the DC2R ride is like, perfect for flat track surfaces, but quite on comfortable on anything less than smooth. Ever driven or ridden in a stock DC2R? It'll be easy to make a comparison that way.

Since you transferred the shocks and springs, you've just transferred the ride quality as well.

aaronng
26-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Is it the DC2R stock suspension? Or aftermarket?

STTICH
26-08-2009, 07:46 PM
just touching on this topic.

anyone has facts and fugures on how heavy are both EG and DC2 in comparision?

with DC2 being a longer (i presume) chasis, it would absorb the bumps better than EG chasis, especially in the rears correct?

SiReal
26-08-2009, 07:50 PM
syd has dc2r suspension in his eg, and the rear was hella stiff compared to my dc2r suspension, in my , dc2r.

could be due to the weight of the car (i.e. lighter).

as for the poster, u'll get used to it quickly and u'll begin to love handling. u could always get king springs (nice and soft). and no, these shocks are not damper adjustable.

dc2r shcokers also work well with lowered springs from my friends experience. lowered 2" and no leaks after 40k kms.

Nowadays, anything softer than stock dc2r suspension just doesn't feel 'right'. So much so, i upgraded to coils and have them nice and stiff so i can tackle that corner with confidence when the necessity arises.

altong0840
27-08-2009, 12:31 AM
a bit bumpy as in wobbling or to "stiff"?

if you mean stiff you will have to check wether your suspension is damper adjustable, otherwise you can raise the ride height to get more spring work aka less stiff

actually i had it on my EG and it has the same height as my stock suspension... and checked it is not adjustable

altong0840
27-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Is it the DC2R stock suspension? Or aftermarket?

it is the DC2R stock suspension

aaronng
27-08-2009, 08:44 AM
it is the DC2R stock suspension

Then like the others have said, the damping rate may be too high for the EG's rear weight. Unfortunately, it is not adjustable.

altong0840
27-08-2009, 09:20 AM
so the stiffer the rear suspension=feel more bumpy on the road

what if i replace the rear suspension? will it be comfortable but still have no handling?

Sydsyd
27-08-2009, 09:42 AM
i've used stock DC2R suspension for 2 years until 3 months ago when i changed to Tein Flex...i got no problems at all since i like taking corners pretty hard haha...

stock DC2R sussy is about 1/2 inch lower than stock EG sussy, and the ride will of course be firmer due to the nature of the sussy combined with the lighter weight of the EG chassis, pretty much the cheapest upgrade for EG handling...after a few months, i changed the springs to Tanabe DF series lowered springs which the Tanabe website says increases the spring rate by 10-15%...ride was much firmer than stock DC2R springs, but still comfortable on rough roads...

if u want something softer, maybe consider getting Tein SS? SiReal had used Tein SS in his old EJ8 and the ride at hardest setting is much softer than my stock DC2R shock with Tanabe springs...

JohnL
27-08-2009, 02:44 PM
with DC2 being a longer (i presume) chasis, it would absorb the bumps better than EG chasis, especially in the rears correct?

A shorter wheelbase car won't 'absorb' bumps worse than a longer wheel base car in the sense of what's happening at the suspension, but it will have a 'choppier' ride quality.

This is because when the front or rear of the chassis rises or falls over a bump of X height the shorter wheelbase car will 'pitch' more than a longer wheelbase car (i.e. the angle of the chassis relative to the road as viewed from the side will change to a greater degree due to the shorter wheelbase). This will feel as if the ride is less smooth, even if the suspension rises and falls to the same degree with both the long and short wheelbase cars.