PDA

View Full Version : swaybar accord 2007

paulfx
26-08-2009, 10:00 PM
hi im looking to upgrade my sway bars for some track work for a standard 2007 accord 4 cyl what works. can only find whiteline 20mm for rear. any others that work well.
paul

paulfx
29-08-2009, 07:39 AM
hi im looking to upgrade my sway bars for some track work for a standard 2007 accord 4 cyl what works. can only find whiteline 20mm for rear. any others that work well.
paul

found a few theads mostly for euro, looks like the 22mm selby should do for a standard upgrade bar with rubber mounts for the accord.

chrome
01-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Do you have a non-Euro 07 Accord? The rear swaybar for the Euro will not fit, it is about 1 inch too narrow where the bar is clamped to the chassis.

The 6th generation Accord rear sway bar will "just" fit and you can get a 20mm Whiteline one for $200+.

paulfx
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
thanks chrome, still chasing around selby in nsw want me to send my bar up so they can copy it, and the same for k-mac in nsw. of course i live in melb, are there stronger connecting rods for the rear bar as the standard ones are very thin in diamiter.
paul

chrome
01-09-2009, 06:05 PM
The end links are apparently strong enough, some people start breaking the bracket mounts with sway bars greater than 20mm. It depends on how hard you drive.

paulfx
01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
ok the mounts do look a little on the thin side if they crack will get them plated oover, is anyone importing sway bays into oz for sale

chrome
02-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Not that I know of directly. The Acura TL-S bar (20mm) will fit, but no one will bring that into Australia as the freight will cost more than the bar.

I have the Whiteline 20mm rear bar from the 6th gen Accord. It fits and works well, and easily available from your friendly Repco store.

The 7th gen Accord suffers from soft springs and soft shocks to maintain comfort. A stiffer spring, shock and sway bar combo will do wonders for the handling. The suspension geometry is already quite competent.

paulfx
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
ok phoned a few honda dealers and all said that the rear sway bar part numbers are the same from 2003 to 2007 including the updated 2007 model so thats good news for me, so now got a choice of whiteline, selby, k-mac plus maybe imports.

paulfx
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
ok ordered a 22mm from selbys adjustable 3 holes, trying to track down H&R bushings to suit is a problem they have a....... H&R Sport sway bar kits include exclusive sway bar bushings, featuring a special urethane/Teflon composite that prevents squeaks and eliminates the need for lubrication. No mess, no maintenance

chrome
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Do the Selby bar come with a new upsized U-bracket?

The reason I am asking is that with a 20mm bar and OEM U-bracket, the bushing is already very "thin" as the OEM bar was only 13mm. I can't imagine a 22mm bushing having much material thickness left.

paulfx
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Do you have a non-Euro 07 Accord? yes vti-l 2.4

it comes with poly bushings and grease, no new saddle clamp.
i read somewhere that you can use teflon tape on the bar for the bushings
http://syclone.motocrew.com/CG5/swaylube.htm

paulfx
14-09-2009, 06:09 PM
well i got the itch to install the new rear swaybar fitted up ok no problem.
although getting the short bolts to start took a bit of thought used long bolts
to get things started then used the oem short bolts a bit fiddly car was on the ground so not a lot of room under there drive on ramps are the go.
went for a spin and where there is a kink in the road in a gully hit the apex spot on, before was waiting for the car to turn in missing the apex at 60k
so all seems good at present will check bolts after 100km.
paul

chrome
15-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Looking good! You will definitely get the car to rotate much better with a larger rear bar. I can't understand why Honda will put such a tiny bar on a heavy car like the Accord.

paulfx
29-11-2009, 08:50 AM
well done a track day and finding the car is limited. got some understeer mostly on exits when pushed to hard, when backing off throttle the front comes back. got no oversteer on any corner. bar is on firmest setting and scrubbing front tyres a bit when understeering hard.
so where to now to reduce this understeer.
1 fit sticky front tyres
2 adjust caster camber toe
3 smaller front sway bar if there is such a thing
4 ?????????/
this is a standard road car