PDA

View Full Version : Ants on my car ahhhh

diffuzn
26-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey guys,
Major problem... i noticed a few ants on my roof a few weeks ago and simply thought they would go away, Now this its getting hotted i see full trails of armies of ants crawling all over my roof, windscreen and bonnet and hiding in the cracks. I have not been able to figure out where the nest is centralized as they are all over my car and i know insect spray will damage my paint.

Any ideas on how to kill these pests off!?

PS. they are not inside my car yet although i have see 2-3 crawling on my dash.

EGB18CT
26-08-2009, 11:59 PM
wash your car with high pressure cleaner?

or get some ant killer dust from bunnings, leave it in a few crevices then wash off again the next day or so?

duzy
27-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Are you parked under a tree or something? maybe park on a hard surface or away from the area.

...or jump in and hit vtec lol

diffuzn
27-08-2009, 01:29 AM
wash your car with high pressure cleaner?

or get some ant killer dust from bunnings, leave it in a few crevices then wash off again the next day or so?

do they affect paint??

Are you parked under a tree or something? maybe park on a hard surface or away from the area.

Nope park in my garage, possible that ants dropping from ceiling but not likely.

...or jump in and hit vtec lol
Believe me tried that

Chriskoss
27-08-2009, 02:17 AM
jst wash the car thoroughly, blasting all gaps with a high pressure hose with soap. Should get rid of them, its likely something sticky has been caught in your cars gaps and thats why theyre going there.

EK1_D
27-08-2009, 02:25 AM
this happen to me also, just keep washing the car until the go away btw have u been using any products after u wash your car? like wax or polish? that can also attract ants iv notice after i use polish on the car they come in the millions!

anfo2gig
27-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Give your car a good clean :)

SMI-33K
28-08-2009, 12:39 PM
hate parking under trees gets the car dirty more quick :thumbdwn:

diffuzn
28-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Ok an update guys.

I realised ants WERE in fact dropping from the ceiling of my garage. ( i have a garage seperate from the house like a shed)

To kill the ants on my car roof i bought something called ant rid ($3.99 at coles). its like honey but poison and should kill the queen if i have one in my roof liner.

To kill the ants crawling on my roof in garage i bought a bug bomb. Pretty much just like insect spray but u press it down and it fogs the whole room up then u leave it for a few hours to kill everything then air it out.

At the moment its rainy so i know the ants arn't gonna come out even if they are alive but so far i have seen minimal ants crawling around. I might add more Rid ant when they start crawling again.

hope this helps for anyone else with this prob

grifty
28-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Check list

1. A few cans of deoderant
2. A lighter
3. A dust mask

Instructions

You know what to do :D

clutch
28-08-2009, 04:45 PM
carful blasting water from those high presure hoses, if u have a chip of paint, it can turn into a whole nightmare lol

MrJohn
30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
haha check the inside of ur screens
my eg before had the same problem with ants.. took out the front screen off and OMGGG there was like an army of them,think they been there for like years

freshert
31-08-2009, 03:23 AM
now i know what to check for when im inspecting a car..

outrgs
01-09-2009, 04:55 PM
you can get those insect smoke bomb things? they're designed for a room though and not sure if they leave unpleasant odours but it should get rid of them if they are inside.

last thing you want is driving on a highway and one of these critters bite and distract you...