PDA

View Full Version : Wet engine bay

z3lda
12-11-2004, 10:09 PM
While driving home in the rain (pissin down hard) there were hugh puddles everywhere. street corners are flooded aswell. i go through some but they were not tat deep. got home. popped the bonnet and half my engine bay is wet? im like wtf. (not the air intake though luckily) strut bar, a/c most of the right side is wet.

does anyone else get this or has happend to them?
anyone know how the rain water got in there?
i know its not good, what can possilbly go wrong (beside having the pulleys make squeaky noises at low revs)

thanks

ECU-MAN
12-11-2004, 11:09 PM
water getting into the dizzy and cause problems, altenators dont like it too much either.
and it all depends on how fast you drive through the big puddles.

ILLIN
17-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Have you got all your splash guards on? or have some been removed...

I noticed that underneath my bonnet is dirty (from rain water).

Have you also checked the rubber seal where the bonnet meets the front bar?

PhatSol
17-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Have you got all your splash guards on? or have some been removed...

That would be my guess too... unless the puddle was *really* deep lol :)

z3lda
17-11-2004, 09:01 PM
splasg guard? i can see straight to the ground from the top of the xtractors?,

when i left up my bonnet on a hot day. water drips out from the corner of the rubber bit, is that usual?

my seals are all in good nick

flipmods
17-11-2004, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much as the engine bay can handle it as long as it doesn't get fully submerged, or you got a cold air intake. I don't know how the rain water flicked up there if you got your guards on.
I saw a 2003 integra at hannys though which had a cold air intake and went in water and blew the engine up, I never heard of it happening until I saw it 2 days ago.

Muckafutha
17-11-2004, 11:42 PM
my fog lights shorted out after i went through a huge puddle. It was more like a flood...water level came up to the grill