PDA

View Full Version : EF9 vs EG6 what would you buy?

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,

I've been out of the Honda scene for a year or so now since my beloved EF9 pretty much died on me. I spent a small fortune fixing the car which was a leaking dyke and eventually the gearbox seized and I gave up. I think I sold the 'wreck' to some guy on here.

I swore I'd never buy another old civc cause my euro's that i've owned never cost me a cent in maintenance and are obviously more luxurious and prestigious.

My current car is a Golf GTI that is extremely comfortable and quick 190Kw/400Nm of Torque. Unfortunately I have no love for it and can't deny my love for Honda anymore!

I miss not being able to see out of the window on cold mornings and having to wear multiple jackets to fend off frost bite, I miss the paint tearing off my side mirrors at car washes, I miss the fact that noone except me could open the boot using the key or find reverse gear, I miss the insane noise at 8000+ RPM in the Burnley tunnel, I miss the handling and the character that made me smile so much driving it.

My soul was in that car and I loved it more than my BMW's or GTI's!

I'm looking for either an EF9 or EG6. I prefer the EF9 but god it was hard to find parts. Are there any reputable places to get it serviced and source parts etc? If I got one, I'd want to spend the money up front and make the engine bulletproof?

I don't know much about EG6 so hoping you guys could give me any info on your ownership experience. The car will prob do at least 6 track days a year and get pushed pretty hard on the track.

What would you buy based on stuff like:
- price
- reliability
- character
- handling
- power
- parts
- insurance
- modification

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

mocchi
27-08-2009, 04:54 PM
make a poll!!! hehe

how you gonna get ef9 or eg6?

FastFwd
27-08-2009, 04:55 PM
IMHO eg6 but both of those cars will be really hard to find at a good price.

EG6 is ftw.

-price they will be both fairly expensive for there ages. But EG will be a little more
-Reliability EG6 as it will be newer but both rare cars soo it will be hard to find one with high k's
-character both have equal amounts ooozing out of them.
-handling EG wins over EF forsure
-power EG wins over EF again
-Parts Eg will be easier
-insurance will be around the same for both
-mods EG will be easier as parts will be easier to source but both cars can be modified at anyway needed really. Can put pretty much any honda motor in any honda these days with conversion kits.

shitbox
27-08-2009, 04:59 PM
is that ed with b18cr still for sale? id buy that over either

FastFwd
27-08-2009, 05:05 PM
is that ed with b18cr still for sale? id buy that over either

He came from a 190KW golf which is more than enough power which he could of continued to mod if he was a HP junky but its obvious he wants a nice car. You could have said "Buy SuperR's 350kw type R" aswell but hes looking for specific cars.

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 05:07 PM
make a poll!!! hehe

how you gonna get ef9 or eg6?

Can I add a pole after I've already started the thread?

Well I'm not in a rush cause I won't be selling the GTI so I can wait a few months till something comes available...fingers crossed!

mocchi
27-08-2009, 05:11 PM
i dont think anyone would be selling theirs for a long time hehe.. not meaning to put you down.

i wish i got money to go holiday in japan for 1 year.

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 05:19 PM
He came from a 190KW golf which is more than enough power which he could of continued to mod if he was a HP junky but its obvious he wants a nice car. You could have said "Buy SuperR's 350kw type R" aswell but hes looking for specific cars.

You're right. my friend has a 250KW GTI, not my thing.

I'm into lightweight, low torque, high power/displacement ratio. Cars with character that are nimble and I just happen to like hatchbacks.

I've never driven an EG6 but my friend had an EG that had engine transplant putting down a lot more power than stock EG6. Was lots of fun but impossible for me to make a comparison judgement to EG6 without driving one.

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 05:24 PM
i dont think anyone would be selling theirs for a long time hehe.. not meaning to put you down.

i wish i got money to go holiday in japan for 1 year.

haha yeah living in Japan for a year is something I plan in a few years...import a Mines GTR R35 mmmm

My friend has an EF9 who I could probably convince to sell to me. It's not my preferred colour (black) but hey beggers can't be choosers!

FastFwd does make a compelling case for EG6 though

FastFwd
27-08-2009, 05:35 PM
But man really if you want just buy a cheap cheap EG or EF doesnt have to be eg6 or ef9 can be other cheaper models which are much easier to find...and then slam in the engine you want.

If you can find a blow motor'ed EG or EF that would be the best. Get it for like 1-5k depending on the car and then spend 6-8k on a motor...K20-k24/B series Turbo...with mods you'll be looking at alot of power and MASSIVE torque to be geting into the 12's EASY.

But then again man theres alot more to an EG6 than an normal EG...interior, suspension, theres alot of cool differences and i bet with the ef9 it would be the same. So its upto your weather u want an EG or and EF body...or ur actually looking for a better quality car in the higher models like the EG6 compared to the run of the mill eg4 etc.

mocchi
27-08-2009, 05:38 PM
i think just like how he's not after raw power, owning a genuine eg6/ef9 is what ticks the clock. but im not him. hehe

gen2 CRX
27-08-2009, 05:40 PM
EF9 over EG6 anyday

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I have cash to spend on the right car but don't have the spare time to build up an engine swap unfortunately.

For my limited mechanical ability, it's also better to buy the car I want and they are a lot easier to insure or sell down the track. The EF9 had a great performance package that wen't together really well so I figured the EG6 would as well.

I am open to buying a properly built up car if its been done solidly though and nothing genuine comes up for sale :)

FastFwd
27-08-2009, 05:48 PM
There plenty of EG's with alot of nice work done... If your set on an eg6 of ef9 you might need to wait around for a while until someone sells one but there hard to find...

otherwise people do great work to the EG's...Alot do the eg6 mods to there eg4's etc to make them much the same. Then do an engine swap and pull more power out of it than the stock eg6. Its really upto what you want. If you set on the higher models then wait around otherwise theres plenty of eg's for sale in the forsale section..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118373

as an example. Black not your colour tho

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-08-2009, 05:58 PM
EF9 over EG6 anyday

:thumbsup:

mocchi
27-08-2009, 06:00 PM
EG owners!! where you ppl at? vote eg6 y0!

FastFwd
27-08-2009, 06:00 PM
ns :)

jords
27-08-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd go for an EF8 with a B18C7, that would scream:thumbsup:

kitbkk
27-08-2009, 06:30 PM
^^thats exactly what I think :P

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 07:17 PM
There plenty of EG's with alot of nice work done... If your set on an eg6 of ef9 you might need to wait around for a while until someone sells one but there hard to find...

otherwise people do great work to the EG's...Alot do the eg6 mods to there eg4's etc to make them much the same. Then do an engine swap and pull more power out of it than the stock eg6. Its really upto what you want. If you set on the higher models then wait around otherwise theres plenty of eg's for sale in the forsale section..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118373

as an example. Black not your colour tho

Thanks, I already had a look at the car. I guess I'll prob have to get a car like that with lower K's. Black is not my preferred colour (my GTI is black and damn hard to keep clean with Melb's crazy weather haha) but would definately consider black for a genuine EG6 or EF9

It would be great to hear more from EG owners who have engine swapped, especially B18c7. That sounds very tempting!

Thanks for all your comments guys...I missed the wealth of information on this forum!

SlobberGoat
27-08-2009, 07:29 PM
+1 ef9

ninzee
27-08-2009, 07:34 PM
eg6 ftw!!!!
its got the nice centre console with a good amount of compartments and there sxc as hell :) look at 90lan's for example

mocchi
27-08-2009, 07:38 PM
eg6 ftw!!!!
its got the nice centre console with a good amount of compartments and there sxc as hell :) look at 90lan's for example

fine example of genuine eg6!!!!! 90LAN! wats not to like??? :D:D:D

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg61.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg66-1.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg67.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg64.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg63.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg65.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg78.jpg

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 07:56 PM
^^That's so hot.

Makes me want to hold out for a genuine one!

minhtrii
27-08-2009, 08:11 PM
To be honest, EG6 FOR THE WIN! the EF's to me, don't look too nice. I'm not saying there ugly but they don't look modern as the eg's. eg motors, stock have more power over the ef9 but it just depends on your style! i got an eg and i love them. I see alot of ef's but they don't float my boat :)

Hooman
27-08-2009, 08:26 PM
buy an EF8/9 CRX SiR

DEEJDM
27-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys, keep the opinions coming :thumbsup:

CRX is an amazing car for the price but I have hatchback fetish haha

Yeah I know EF's look way older than EG, I guess it's a personal liking. Definitely more keen on the EG's now though...going to have to come on the next Melb cruise and have a ride in one :)

jrxs-r
28-08-2009, 02:01 AM
IMO, if you are going to take the car to the track on a regular basis, the EG would be the most sensible way to go due to the amount of suspension support that model has. :thumbsup:

trism
28-08-2009, 02:18 AM
i love efs

they rock my world

28-08-2009, 03:08 AM
EF are rocking! lighter then EG
infact the fastest civic around tsukuba is EF9 ;)

with extra work you can stifen up that grandpa chassis
some seam welds and extra bars should do it.

TYPE-ONE
28-08-2009, 03:52 AM
EF are rocking! lighter then EG
infact the fastest civic around tsukuba is EF9 ;)

with extra work you can stifen up that grandpa chassis
some seam welds and extra bars should do it.

agreed

EK1.6LCIV
28-08-2009, 07:23 AM
EG6 just for the gathers radio and speakers :)

and those awesome tweed seats, cant be beat :)

mocchi
28-08-2009, 08:20 AM
the race is on!!
EF9 corner counting at 11 votes!!
EG6 corner counting at 12 votes!!

DEEJDM
28-08-2009, 04:23 PM
IMO, if you are going to take the car to the track on a regular basis, the EG would be the most sensible way to go due to the amount of suspension support that model has. :thumbsup:

Agreed, all the consumables like bushes and arms are so damn hard to get which makes the EG so much more tempting!

My friend was lucky enough to get some TEIN circuit masters in his EF which are really nice but damn expensive considering the price of the car. My 20 yr old stock suspension had me bouncing around from corner to corner at Winton and Sandown haha

FastFwd
28-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Yer I've recently revised my suspension in my EG. Replacing every Bushing to Polyurethane, new rear sway, LCA, camber kits front and rear, coilovers, Braces etc and ive had no problem finding stuff.

For the EF it would be alot harder.

gReY-oNe
28-08-2009, 04:30 PM
both are outdated and to be honest i wouldn't bother with either.

Dems
28-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Yer I've recently revised my suspension in my EG. Replacing every Bushing to Polyurethane, new rear sway, LCA, camber kits front and rear, coilovers, Braces etc and ive had no problem finding stuff.

EG/DC suspension will bolt up with the correct fork and lca combo.

bushing/swaybars + brace etc are all available for the EF9 and easy to get as they are the same as the EF8 (CRX)

even bushings and camber kits are available...

the steering rack has interchangeable parts with a DA6 integra

i even purchased an ASR "ED/EF" rear chassis brace which stops the sub frame tearing out.

to many EG fanboys on ozhonda these days, poor old EF9 doesn't have enough "jdm" factor anymore lol.

so basically if you're smart enough there really is just as much aftermarket support for EF9, but the EG6 will be easier.
but if everything was easy in life it wouldn't be any fun :p

jords
28-08-2009, 04:58 PM
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr355/demsbeats/Small%20Mods/DSC00686.jpg

Mad pic.

mocchi
28-08-2009, 06:02 PM
wth that pic looks so .. (no word can describe the beauty)

not feeling the front bar though haha.
DEMS.. where did you take that pic at? autumn leaves awsome.

90LAN
28-08-2009, 06:09 PM
doesnt matter if you get either
as long as its a jdm version

and not a wannabe version

both cars are as good as each other

mocchi
28-08-2009, 06:14 PM

so what did you vote lan? :p

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-08-2009, 06:28 PM
to many EG fanboys on ozhonda these days, poor old EF9 doesn't have enough "jdm" factor anymore lol.

so basically if you're smart enough there really is just as much aftermarket support for EF9, but the EG6 will be easier.

Last sentence summed up owning a old school honda well.

90LAN
28-08-2009, 07:19 PM
so what did you vote lan? :p

well im not buying the car
ill let the op make up his own mind

DEEJDM
28-08-2009, 07:20 PM

do you mind me asking what it all cost? I still have the receipts from changing all the bushes and arms on my old EF, so it would be good to compare.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to say it here :)

DEEJDM
28-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Last sentence summed up owning a old school honda well.

Yeah no ABS on track FTW. Definately one of my favourite features. Aghh I miss old school cars!

Dems where do you get your suspension work done? You seem to have had a lot more luck than me I've been to Carl at CRS and Graham Wardwhile for servicing but had already done the suspension work (everything but coilovers which I never got around to) before I came across those 2 guys.

Dems
28-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah no ABS on track FTW. Definately one of my favourite features. Aghh I miss old school cars!

Dems where do you get your suspension work done? You seem to have had a lot more luck than me I've been to Carl at CRS and Graham Wardwhile for servicing but had already done the suspension work (everything but coilovers which I never got around to) before I came across those 2 guys.

mostly done myself, have a friend who had an sir crx he is very confident with most work so i got him to help.

i go to ak motorworks for mechanical stuff, they can do suspension as well.

as far as bushings you can mix and match an ED kit with a DA kit to fit most of your bushings.

or just go to pedders :thumbsup:

ebay usa

and

crxaustralia.com are your friends

lots of EF8 boys on there to help with any questions as the two share most of the same parts.

oh and the only bad thing about EF9's are the front panels... a pain in the arse to say the least if you have a bingle.

~Sp33~
28-08-2009, 10:09 PM

and those awesome tweed seats, cant be beat :)

The EF had a kickass Gathers and Pioneer sound system as an option too, the CRX also had bass tubes as part of the premium sound package.

EF>EG

FastFwd
31-08-2009, 10:37 AM
EF and EG fairly close in the polls.

mocchi
31-08-2009, 12:19 PM
EF and EG fairly close in the polls.

i wonder what the poll count would be if ek9 is included hehe

FastFwd
31-08-2009, 12:23 PM
i wonder what the poll count would be if ek9 is included hehe

true true...

would have been still fairly close still...ek9 fairly uber tho.

Cascada
31-08-2009, 12:53 PM
voted OTHER: ie. EF8/ED9 B18c :)

Setanta
02-09-2009, 04:27 PM
EF9 for sure. I owned one for 7 years until it played tag with a bus. One day I'll own one again - just have to find a stock unmolested one like the old beast :)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~setanta/sirfrontquarter.jpg

I rate the EF9 as the best car I've owned (even though some were younger) and parts availability isn't as bad as the EG boys make out :)

I hate to say it, but I'd sell my EH and GTi if I found a good stock one :)

90LAN
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
funny how all the eg boys that have never owned a eg6
and ef owners that never owned a eg6 either can comment on
which one is better

so what are you going to get ?
or still cant make up your mind ?

FastFwd
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
which one is better

some arnt as fortunate to get there hands on either an eg6 or an ef9 to comment.

90LAN
02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
some arnt as fortunate to get there hands on either an eg6 or an ef9 to comment.

plenty around just have to look
and be ready to travel to pay for one
if you really wanted one you would make the effort like i did

FastFwd
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
plenty around just have to look
and be ready to travel to pay for one

i bought my eg 10 years ago when i was 15 and a nub i wouldn't have known the difference between any of the EG's all i knew at the time was mine was lowered with 16's and it had a stereo = win in my books back then. If i was to buy one now i would buy an eg6 forshow. I have seen both in the flesh, i havent driven in either but i would pick the eg6 still.

~Sp33~
02-09-2009, 06:39 PM

Words of wisdom.

Setanta
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
which one is better

I've driven an EG6 on the track, the same day as I drove my EF9 on the track (Winton).

Both stock except for some suspension mods, both quick. The EF9 was quicker into and out of the corners - just (or maybe I was braking a few meters early before the corners in the EG as it wasn't mine), the EG6 was marginally quicker on the straight - 10 more ps didn't make that much difference though in the laps we ran but the EF9 couldn't reel it in - for that matter, the EG6 couldn't get past the rear bumper of the EF.

We spent 2 hours on the track (on and off) swapping cars and sprinting against each other - I guess that qualifies me to have an opinion :)

I'd still take the EF9 over the EG6 based on looks - because IMO the EF looks classier. :)

jords
02-09-2009, 07:18 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

junoki
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
if u can get both the ef9 and eg6 ur a god!

i rekon if u get either u would love any of them!

pat88c
02-09-2009, 09:37 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
easly win ef9
nicer looking car, just as rarer and fun end the day

that my choice as i own a ed9 adm crx and one day i hope to buy a ef8/9 crx to replace my ed9 crx

but the key to find a mint ef8/9 is wait with the money ready to buy that ef8/9 when it turn up for sale

and as dems said

that last line is sums up owning a rare ef8/9 civic or crx :):):)

Bludger
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
if u can get both the ef9 and eg6 ur a god!

i rekon if u get either u would love any of them!I'm 1 step ahead.

ef8 + dc2r

Bludger
02-09-2009, 10:13 PM

both cars are as good as each otherWords of wisdom.

Bludger
02-09-2009, 10:37 PM

and those awesome tweed seats, cant be beat :)I got myself ef premium sound system.

you got no idea.

IMHO eg6 but both of those cars will be really hard to find at a good price.

EG6 is ftw.

-price they will be both fairly expensive for there ages. But EG will be a little more
-Reliability EG6 as it will be newer but both rare cars soo it will be hard to find one with high k's
-character both have equal amounts ooozing out of them.
-handling EG wins over EF forsure both have very similar suspension designs, only ef's are a little less stiff. but if they will be modified, then this doesn't matter
-power EG wins over EF again again, with mods, this is no concern. ef is lighter for track. CRX with glass roof is plus 20kg. CRX with sunroof is plus 20kg. glass roof is lighter.
-Parts Eg will be easier imo, not really
-insurance will be around the same for both
-mods EG will be easier as parts will be easier to source again, i disagree but both cars can be modified at anyway needed really. Can put pretty much any honda motor in any honda these days with conversion kits.

I'd go for an EF8 with a B18C7, that would scream:thumbsup:soon mate:)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u19/bau_fug/MRLAZY%20pictures/18052009141.jpg

Bludger
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
The EF had a kickass Gathers and Pioneer sound system as an option too, the CRX also had bass tubes as part of the premium sound package.

EF>EG
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u19/bau_fug/MRLAZY%20pictures/17082009239.jpg?t=1251895840

Bludger
02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
its funny how over the last few years, everyone is into the EG, EK Civics............

Only now, recently because every man and his dog has an EG/EK there is growing interest for the EF/ED......... because its now the cool thing, its more uncommon and everyone wants to be different.

Cooker
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
EG6 for sure. EF9 is getting on in years and are a bitch to work on in comparison to eg6.
If you want the best car then EG6, if you want the rarest then ef9.
EG6 is newer, better aerodynamics and better handling which of course is obvious as it replaces the EF9. Honda wouldn't of gone backwards with a new model would they?
Newer is nearly always better.
Your pretty much asking should you get a DC2R or a DA GS-R, one is rarer then the other but older, and the other is HEAPS better, newer, better aero, better engine etc etc.
Car manufacturers generally make advancements in there replacement models thanks to something called technology.
So to answer your question you have to ask yourself whether you want old-school and rarity or a newer better overall car.

_CRX_
03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 CRX EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 VTEC EF8 EF8 or u could be a puppet and buy a civic

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Newer is nearly always better.

Fail.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-09-2009, 12:55 AM
http://themixtapemonster.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/popcorn_soda.jpg

I love watching Old School vs New School debates

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 12:57 AM
I saw a white 3rd gen today, looked identical to yours bro. I think they might have been from ozhonda too.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Sure it wasn't me.....?

I did after all get a haircut and threaten to come to the meet....

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
oh lord, now im not sure.

YaMiKaZe
03-09-2009, 02:12 AM
ive gotta drive a genuine eg6 one day.
i'd think the eg6's are rarer than the ef9's.
i see more guys on ozhonda own a ef9 than an eg6, only person i know that owns an eg6 is 90lan whereas theres a couple of members that have ef9's

90LAN
03-09-2009, 06:54 AM
because heaps were imported when the 15 year rule came into effect

Paul1985
03-09-2009, 08:04 AM
because heaps were imported when the 15 year rule came into effect

Could you get EG6's in now?

Some of them are over 15 years old now.

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 08:17 AM
ive gotta drive a genuine eg6 one day.
i'd think the eg6's are rarer than the ef9's.

That's because ef9>eg6. :p

Cooker
03-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Fail.

Oh so in standard form a 1989 EF9 is better then an 1995 EG6 SIR????
So honda made the EF9 and then all civic models after that were crap?
Stop wanking over EF9, at the end of the day they are old shitters, the japs would be in fits of laughter if they saw this thread, they are worth bugger all over there, no one wants them, just cos they ain't abundant over here doesn't mean they are awesome.

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
The statement i quoted had nothing to do with the ef9. Also, i never said that newer cars were crap, i just implied that they're not better.

I'm not going to turn this into a new/old debate, though for an enthusiast, old cars have much more to offer. An enthusiast doesn't care about airbags/safety equipment, emissions, fuel economy. All the things that make a car slow and heavy. One of the main reason that old models and engines get killed off of the assembly line is because they can't meet new safety and emission regulations.

Thus, your statement about 'new is nearly always better', is fail.

All the models after the EF5 were crap. :p

Dems
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh so in standard form a 1989 EF9 is better then an 1995 EG6 SIR????
Stop wanking over EF9, at the end of the day they are old shitters, the japs would be in fits of laughter if they saw this thread, they are worth bugger all over there, no one wants them, just cos they ain't abundant over here doesn't mean they are awesome.

hey buddy new isn't always better!

I am sure there are improvements on every new chassis but company's direction changes over models.

so your view seems very ignorant...

just look at the EP3 civic vs. the FN2R

this thread is not about whats BETTER, but whats best for the original poster
or what we would choose and why.

we are looking at part availability, handling etc.

so your answer is because it's "new" it's better.

leave it at that mate.

FastFwd
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
i think the original poster has gotten a good taste of what people think about the two.

Both are great cars, some may have its advantages and some may have its disadvantages in area's. But in the end they are very even.

Now the thread has just turned into an EG FANBOY vs EF FANBOY war.

personally i picked the EG because in my eyes the eg is newer and has a nicer shape, but others may think differently and we are all to our own opinions.

Bludger
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
i think the original poster has gotten a good taste of what people think about the two.

Both are great cars, some may have its advantages and some may have its disadvantages in area's. But in the end they are very even.

Now the thread has just turned into an EG FANBOY vs EF FANBOY war.

personally i picked the EG because in my eyes the eg is newer and has a nicer shape, but others may think differently and we are all to our own opinions.Piss OFFFFFFF

LOL:wave:

EF8 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

FastFwd
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Piss OFFFFFFF

LOL:wave:

EF8 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick just let me have my own opinion like everyone else.

EG Fanboy fow life

Paul1985
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Could you get EG6's in now?

Some of them are over 15 years old now.

Anyone know?

RaZZa137
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Anyone know?

EG6 will not be eligible for import and the EF9 can no longer be imported either, Johnny Howard changed the rules, no longer 15 year rule, pre 1988 rule! that means you can import a 88 civic Si but not the 91 Sir if that makes any sense

only way to import one would be as a personal import as impossible to get through SEV's

Paul1985
03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
EG6 will not be eligible for import and the EF9 can no longer be imported either, Johnny Howard changed the rules, no longer 15 year rule, pre 1988 rule! that means you can import a 88 civic Si but not the 91 Sir if that makes any sense

only way to import one would be as a personal import as impossible to get through SEV's

I see.
Stupid rules :thumbdwn:

So is this current rule making it impossible to bring EG6's in, even in a few years time?

RaZZa137
03-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I see.
Stupid rules :thumbdwn:

So is this current rule making it impossible to bring EG6's in, even in a few years time?

afraid so, i was bugging an importer a few months back about trying to get 88-91 civic with B16a but to no avail, closest thing i could import would've been 88 civic with a D16

mocchi
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
maybe another 10 years paul.

EGJOE
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
What makes a eg6 so special? That you can't mod a aus spec eg to be same if not better? Only thing it has is its rare cause of seats, and gathers gear. Not worth getting genuine eg6 unless its cheap.

Get a eg hatch and put a b18cr in it.
If i had to choose between eg6 and ef9 i'd go ef9 cause its harder to source parts to make a replica ef9 then to make a replica eg6.

Good luck finding a good condition ef9.

Bludger
03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
What makes a eg6 so special? That you can't mod a aus spec eg to be same if not better? Only thing it has is its rare cause of seats, and gathers gear. Not worth getting genuine eg6 unless its cheap.

If i had to choose between eg6 and ef9 i'd go ef9 cause its harder to source parts to make a replica ef9 then to make a replica eg6.

Good luck finding a good condition ef9.you could say the same for ef/ed models.

but EF all the way.

RaZZa137
03-09-2009, 03:43 PM

as far as i know the aus spec EG's have a D16 in the Si model which is DOHC but the vtec motor in the Vtir's is actually a SOHC Vtec where as the JDM spec has a DOHC Vtec B16.

EF civic with the 1st gen B16 were never sold locally, only thing available in that chassis was 1.5l twin carb

Bludger
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
as far as i know the aus spec EG's have a D16 in the Si model which is DOHC but the vtec motor in the Vtir's is actually a SOHC Vtec where as the JDM spec has a DOHC Vtec B16.

EF's with the 1st gen B16 were never sold locally, only thing available in that chassis was 1.5l twin carbyeah, so either way, all audm ed/eg never got the dohc vtec models. only the imports do.

RaZZa137
03-09-2009, 03:46 PM
yeah, so either way, all audm ed/eg never got the dohc vtec models. only the imports do.

yeah, we got gipped, i want JDM!

90LAN
03-09-2009, 03:47 PM

it has a eg6 vin tag and its a real performance version of your ozzie spec eg lol
same price as what you would pay for a b series converted oz spec eg

and you must be the replica baller lol

EGJOE
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM
oh well rather be quicker replica baller then lol

EGJOE
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM

EF civic with the 1st gen B16 were never sold locally, only thing available in that chassis was 1.5l twin carb

yeh but b16a common only rare parts on eg6 are seats and interior.

RaZZa137
03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
yeh but b16a common only rare parts on eg6 are seats and interior.

that's why i voted for the EF9

90LAN
03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
oh well rather be quicker replica baller then lol

better get some time slips then
instead of talking about it all the time lol

anyway were talking about EF9's and EG6's not lesser spec aus models here

Behtec_JunKIE
03-09-2009, 05:07 PM

for sure ftw u wont regret it.
i drive mine now and love it too bits. had a eg with a b18cr too similar setup to my crx and in comparrison the crx will shit all over it in a straight line and even around turns took em both to wsid 14.1 in the eg and 13.2 in the crx. go the ef man power to weight

dougie_504
03-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah I've got an EF8 with the standard B16A. Just done a ghetto CAI (temporary) and it has RS*R headers and a 5Zigen exhaust and man it goes pretty hard. Considering some internal work also, stage 2 cams, springs and retainers, head work etc...

My EH9 is just my daily and is nice to drive but nowhere near as fun...

So if you can't source an EF8 I'd go the EF9 anyway coz it's a nice shape, doesn't weigh much and has the B16A stock so you don't need to mess around with any swaps and just do ya bolt-ons.

FastFwd
03-09-2009, 06:26 PM
dougie what power you getting out of yours?

pat88c
03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 CRX EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 EF8 VTEC EF8 EF8 or u could be a puppet and buy a civic

brain washing happenibg here i see

go ef8 crx i want one

for sure ftw u wont regret it.
i drive mine now and love it too bits. had a eg with a b18cr too similar setup to my crx and in comparrison the crx will shit all over it in a straight line and even around turns took em both to wsid 14.1 in the eg and 13.2 in the crx. go the ef man power to weight

there you go ef is better than eg :)

_CRX_
03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
you also have to look at the woman factor .....get yourself a crx .....u will be like a dog with 2 dicks hahaha

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I see that EF9 is in the lead... And rightly so. :p

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
you also have to look at the woman factor .....get yourself a crx .....u will be like a dog with 2 dicks hahaha

Extremely valid point.

A crx won't get you chicks, infact do the right thing, go get a 1G crx, you'll be a complete outcast then.

In the case of woman though don't buy a Honda, buy a Skyline...

lol

90LAN
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM

yeah one hanging and one inside you lol

op, so its a ef9 then
when are you going to get one
why dont you post some pics of your mates ?

_CRX_
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
dog with 2 dicks = CRX ..........Poof = skyline ........tho if your a curry skylines and preludes are acceptable

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I've heard Curry chicks **** well, I'm sure OP could prove the theory correct.

A social experiment? We'll chuck $ into a mutual paypal account for a skyrine (lol) and see who gets laid most by what nationality.

_CRX_
03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
+ one rep point for curry chicks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wave:

~Sp33~
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
*facepalm*

dougie_504
04-09-2009, 12:29 AM
dougie what power you getting out of yours?

Hey man,

Haven't had it on the dyno yet I'm afraid, and any further work is on the backburner seeing as I'm heading over to Europe in December - gotta save money while trying to finish my degree.

But next year I'll be on a full-time wage so I'll be perfecting the body, restoring the leather interior, respraying my 14" genuine watanabe style rims, shaving my headlights, rewiring my sound system, respraying my rocker cover....oh man the list goes on.
And yeah, then I might get it dyno'd :)

All I know is that over on CRXAustralia.com there's a few guys with I/H/E EF8s who are making 110kw+ atw, probably after a good tune.

Regards,
Andyy.

diffuzn
04-09-2009, 02:06 AM

u mean the vti which had d16 sohc vtec??

i'd go eg6... though the interior looks mighty crappy compared to an ek4 :|

Bludger
04-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I've heard Curry chicks **** well, I'm sure OP could prove the theory correct.

A social experiment? We'll chuck $ into a mutual paypal account for a skyrine (lol) and see who gets laid most by what nationality.there is this one in Nunawading. Vic.

not anymore though.

the daughter of the pharmacy owner.

she acts all sweet, innocent & smart, but I bet if you could get her into bed, she would skin you alive while ****ing.

Bludger
04-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey man,

Haven't had it on the dyno yet I'm afraid, and any further work is on the backburner seeing as I'm heading over to Europe in December - gotta save money while trying to finish my degree.

But next year I'll be on a full-time wage so I'll be perfecting the body, restoring the leather interior, respraying my 14" genuine watanabe style rims, shaving my headlights, rewiring my sound system, respraying my rocker cover....oh man the list goes on.
And yeah, then I might get it dyno'd :)

All I know is that over on CRXAustralia.com there's a few guys with I/H/E EF8s who are making 110kw+ atw, probably after a good tune.

Regards,
Andyy.you're andyy?

looked at my car?

btw, b16a's are shit.

My partner got b18cr ed9 and thats when you can start talking.

personally, i'm going for a 13:1 comp. b18

RaZZa137
04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
u mean the vti which had d16 sohc vtec??

i'd go eg6... though the interior looks mighty crappy compared to an ek4 :|

yeah, lol, too many letters! *head explodes*

diffuzn
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
degredation of convo

jords
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
indian chicks hahaha

dougie_504
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
you're andyy?

looked at my car?

btw, b16a's are shit.

My partner got b18cr ed9 and thats when you can start talking.

personally, i'm going for a 13:1 comp. b18

Yeah I'm Andyy. I looked at your car as discussed in the other forums. I'm sorry for my behaviour that day and for what I posted, as I have already stated.

Oh, and btw... B16A's are not shit, B18C's are just more powerful, probably because of their higher displacement?

I'm happy with my B16A and if I wanna talk about it I'll ****ing talk about it. I don't need your permission. I also won't conform to somebody else's "MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOUR'S" mentality. I love my car for what it is, not what somebody else thinks it should be.

Andyy

Bludger
05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
cool.

B16's still shit

Anyone else reading what I wrote would have taken it as a passing comment or just a saying.

Lloyd, please insert "why so serious" picture here

Didn't you know that asians have small willy's?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
05-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Olawd it deserves it, pleasure is mine Bau.

http://fitnessgurunyc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/why-so-serious-300x300.jpg

And this is my first dollar going into that paypal account.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/joker_dollar.jpg

djaddam
05-09-2009, 02:44 PM
In all seriousness though.

A EF9 vs a EG6 on paper wouldn't be all that different (or atleast to what I know)

They would both have a B16 which give or take will be pretty close (depending on condition and modifications if applicable)

The EF9 and EG6 have a similar weight (not too sure on how its carried) I think its 100kilo's at most difference.

Suspension is virtually the same and is interchangable.

EG6's aren't as 'rare' in the component department though EF9's have more goodiness they are growing in age and are getting hard to buy body parts for (not forgetting rust)

Its really OP's choice whichever shape he likes the most.

Bludger
05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
In all seriousness though.

A EF9 vs a EG6 on paper wouldn't be all that different (or atleast to what I know)

They would both have a B16 which give or take will be pretty close (depending on condition and modifications if applicable)

The EF9 and EG6 have a similar weight (not too sure on how its carried) I think its 100kilo's at most difference.

Suspension is virtually the same and is interchangable.

EG6's aren't as 'rare' in the component department though EF9's have more goodiness they are growing in age and are getting hard to buy body parts for (not forgetting rust)

Its really OP's choice whichever shape he likes the most.rear suspension is almost identical.

front isn't.

ef9 has front crossmember, single arm front LCA + Radius (castor) rod.

eg6 has no front crossmember, A arm style front LCA, no radius rod.

Although both are still double wishbone front suspension setups

Just they control the forward/rearward movement of the wheels in a totally different way.

refer to this thread.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116320

SHOGUNOVDDRK
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM
But its interchangeable, isn't it?

Bludger
05-09-2009, 03:04 PM
yes it is, you will need very good welding & engineering skillz

SHOGUNOVDDRK
05-09-2009, 03:08 PM
haahahahaha.

May aswell convert Torsion bars to DC5 Macpherson struts then, lol

Fly-Rice
07-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Whats so god about JDM cars? wouldn't it be better to buy an aussie delivered and build a motor to suite.

90LAN
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Whats so god about JDM cars? wouldn't it be better to buy an aussie delivered and build a motor to suite.

you could build it to what ever specs you wanted it to
but end of the day its not the real deal
simple as that
but some people just dont get it
simple as that too

dougie_504
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Eat. Sleep. JDM.

JDM is genuinely cool man. I'd rather buy a JDM car with a nice JapSpec engine than an AUD one which has been mod'd and messed with loads.

shitbox
07-09-2009, 05:09 PM
why cant you import an ef9? i read before because of import laws but what is it specificaly that stops it? is there anyway around this?

dougie_504
07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Australian regulations say that you can't import a vehicle more than 15 years old. That's pretty much it I think :(

mocchi
07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Australian regulations say that you can't import a vehicle more than 15 years old. That's pretty much it I think :(

its not 15 years. they call it 15 year rule but not really.

its 2009 now - 15 = 1994

that means i can import eg6 manufactured in 1994? dont think so.

but i can import cars manufactured before 1988. figure that out.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I just thought of a weakness for the EF9.

The gearbox.

Not much of a 'weakness'

Just means if it shits bricks you have to rebuild it or get a Hydro one.

~Sp33~
07-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I can think of weaker weaknesses then that. That weakness is WEAAAAK.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I know, I'm just tip toeing around it help the 4G boys out :p

kinezo
08-09-2009, 07:57 AM
hey deeJDM, you dylan? its GTI-07 from GOLFMKV. i have a black ef9 with b18c2 with everything(coils and rollcage) ill give to you cheap cheap? you selling the golf, ill be itnerested in a trade with cash.

dougie_504
08-09-2009, 12:27 PM
its not 15 years. they call it 15 year rule but not really.

its 2009 now - 15 = 1994

that means i can import eg6 manufactured in 1994? dont think so.

but i can import cars manufactured before 1988. figure that out.

Alright, I did some research and found this.
Any car manufactured after 1st January 1989 must be on the Specialist and Enthusiast Vehicle Scheme list (SEVS). Therefore it needs to meet several criteria before it can be processed by the Government and a decision made.

Hope that clears everything up. Don't think so? Figure that out!

Poof.

FastFwd
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
hey deeJDM, you dylan? its GTI-07 from GOLFMKV. i have a black ef9 with b18c2 with everything(coils and rollcage) ill give to you cheap cheap? you selling the golf, ill be itnerested in a trade with cash.

lol Pics or ban?

Your ef9 sounds nice man...i think this is exactly what DEEJDM is looking for.

[[d a n n y]]
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
EG6 over EF9 anyday
EG6's are rare
really really rare

FastFwd
08-09-2009, 01:20 PM
90lan will love this one i reckon...always has something to say when people say eg6's are really rare.

Bludger
08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
gotto give it to the guy, has passion for his JDM honda:p

90LAN
08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
90lan will love this one i reckon...always has something to say when people say eg6's are really rare.

hahah really rare
wheres the op
made your mind up
or you one of the dreamers on here ?

shitbox
08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Alright, I did some research and found this.
Any car manufactured after 1st January 1989 must be on the Specialist and Enthusiast Vehicle Scheme list (SEVS). Therefore it needs to meet several criteria before it can be processed by the Government and a decision made.

Hope that clears everything up. Don't think so? Figure that out!

Poof.

so.. I write a letter to krudd and tell him to pull his head out of his arse?

DEEJDM
08-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys! No reply for a while cause I just got back from overseas holiday :)

DEEJDM
08-09-2009, 10:18 PM

I'm going to get whatever is avail that I like :)

so far I have 2 black EF9's offered to me. I'd take either EG6/EF9 if it's in good condition. The fact the poll id so even tells me they are both just as good. This certainly isn't about which is faster cause the money I could spend on my GTI instead of buying JDM civic would make it a beast.

You know what I'm talking about..."iz JDM, iz good" :thumbsup:

DEEJDM
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Hey, that's me! :wave: Have we met, what's your name?

dougie_504
08-09-2009, 11:10 PM
so.. I write a letter to krudd and tell him to pull his head out of his arse?

Well this regulation was implemented under Howard's reign so maybe you could fill out a SEVS application form with the appropriate criteria/evidence and politely ask Rudd to remove Howard's head from Howard's arse?

shitbox
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
k rudd ate my children and gave me colon cancer

~Sp33~
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm surprised the poll is as even as it is.

mmmef9
15-09-2009, 08:30 PM
ive got an ef9 and was thinkn bout selling it, but after reading this thread its kinda changed my mind.

long live the ef9

90LAN
15-09-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm going to get whatever is avail that I like :)

so far I have 2 black EF9's offered to me. I'd take either EG6/EF9 if it's in good condition. The fact the poll id so even tells me they are both just as good. This certainly isn't about which is faster cause the money I could spend on my GTI instead of buying JDM civic would make it a beast.

You know what I'm talking about..."iz JDM, iz good" :thumbsup:

any pics of these cars
so we can see what all the fuss about ef9s are about ?

Cooker
19-09-2009, 04:56 PM
simple as that
simple as that too

All an EG6 is, is just an EG with bolt ons, who gives a damn about the vin plate saying EG6.
You can make any EG into an EG6 with boltons.
But as was said previously, why bother making it to EG6 specs, if you gona do up an EG you would make it better then EG6 specs anyway. All an EG6 is, is a very lightly modified civic done by Honda, wow.
EK9, DC2R, FD2R etc these are true wank factor cars as you can't replicate these cars with bolt ons as they all have chassis specific mods aka DC2R has thicker wheel arches etc etc

So by saying that other EG's with B16a's in them and mods that meet or exceed EG6 spec are not the real deal your saying it wasn't assembled by Honda, true but who cares, wow, how crap they all must be as they wern't assembled in Japan.
I better never rebuild my engine then cos it was done for JDM by Honda and if I rebuild it it won't be the real JDM deal. lol People get to hung up on JDM way to much, its hilarious how much $$ and pain people will go to just cos its JDM.

If everytime you open your bonnet and you go weak at the knees when you glance at the plate that says EG6 then just buy one, otherwise build one or buy one that that is better specked.
All the fastest track civics in Oz are neither EF9's or EG6's but just normal EG's and EF's that have been modified.
EK9 and up are where Honda started paying attention to chassis mods that go beyond what the eye can see.
Cars generally get better the newer they are thanks to technology and no the FN2 is not better then an EP3 but the FN2 isn't even a Type R is it, its just a badge. The JDM civic Type R is the FD2R and yes that is better then EP3.

So if you must get a JDM civic, EF9 or EG6 go the EG6, it is a better car and you don't need a silly OZHONDA pole to tell you that, honda do not make newer cars worse then previous models and the EF9 was not some civic nirvana.

Bludger
19-09-2009, 04:59 PM
All an EG6 is, is just an EG with bolt ons, who gives a damn about the vin plate saying EG6.
But as was said previously, why bother making it to EG6 specs, if you gona do up an EG you would make it better then EG6 specs anyway. All an EG6 is, is a very lightly modified civic done by Honda, wow.
EK9, DC2R, FD2R etc these are true wank factor cars as you can't replicate these cars with bolt ons as they all have chassis specific mods aka DC2R has thicker wheel arches etc etc

So by saying that other EG's with B16a's in them and mods that meet or exceed EG6 spec are not the real deal your saying it wasn't assembled by Honda, true but who cares, wow, how crap they all must be as they wern't assembled in Japan.
I better never rebuild my engine then cos it was done for JDM by Honda and if I rebuild it it won't be the real JDM deal. lol People get to hung up on JDM way to much, its hilarious how much $$ and pain people will go to just cos its JDM.

If everytime you open your bonnet and you go weak at the knees when you glance at the plate that says EG6 then just buy one, otherwise build one or buy one that that is better specked.
All the fastest track civics in Oz are neither EF9's or EG6's but just normal EG's and EF's that have been modified.
EK9 and up are where Honda started paying attention to chassis mods that go beyond what the eye can see.
Cars generally get better the newer they are thanks to technology and no the FN2 is not better then an EP3 but the FN2 isn't even a Type R is it, its just a badge. The JDM civic Type R is the FD2R and yes that is better then EP3.

So if you must get a JDM (how wanky is that lol) civic, EF9 or EG6 go the EG6, it is a better car and you don't need a silly OZHONDA pole to tell you that, honda do not make newer cars worse then previous models and the EF9 was not some civic nirvana.Like Lan said, some people just don't get it all together. Simple as that:)

Cooker
19-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Like Lan said, some people just don't get it all together. Simple as that:)

No I don't get it. Why don't you come out to the track and show me what all this JDM SIR stuff is all about.
Don't you have like some special advantage cos its JDM, or maybe the advantage is in your pants and it sounds like "menis txtension"

EG6 and EF9 are cool but at the end of the day its just bolt ons done in Japan and if you use it for circuit work all the stuff that makes an EG6 or an EF9 special either gets ripped or upgraded anyway.

spastic
19-09-2009, 05:16 PM

any pics of these cars
so we can see what all the fuss about ef9s are about ?

the eg6 fanboy inside him is coming out as soon as people start saying ef9s are better.

Bludger
19-09-2009, 05:17 PM
because My JDM ef8 isn't built for the track.

There is no super performance advantage over a fully built race civic.

Its just the little things, where the JDm model is just so much btter than the AUDM counterpart and when you look at those details, you just can't help but smile.

Like you said, its cool:)

PS - does Tai bum**** you spastic?????

Cooker
19-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes 100% agree. The OZ spec civics are homo in STANDARD form. The JDM SIR'S do have nice touches like the rear seat setup, climate control etc
I dunno why people think they king dick for owning one though, they are nice in standard form, thats it, as soon as you start modifying a 1.3 Breeze or an EG6 there is only the vin plate separating them.
The Outright 2L and under lap record holding car in W.A is based on an EG Breeze.

Anyway back to the topic - EF9 VS EG6, get an EG6 lol

Bludger
19-09-2009, 05:51 PM
no, ef8.

find one with ALL the options.

climate control, abs, lsd, folding morrors, maplights.

yeah, if modding for race, then don't destroy one.

90LAN
19-09-2009, 06:13 PM

So if you must get a JDM civic, EF9 or EG6 go the EG6, it is a better car and you don't need a silly OZHONDA pole to tell you that, honda do not make newer cars worse then previous models and the EF9 was not some civic nirvana.

enjoy your aussie spec eg then mate
coming from a person who doesnt have a eg6 again

90LAN
19-09-2009, 06:14 PM
the eg6 fanboy inside him is coming out as soon as people start saying ef9s are better.

all talk so far
to pics are up
so in still waiting .....

~Sp33~
19-09-2009, 06:18 PM
No I don't get it. Why don't you come out to the track and show me what all this JDM SIR stuff is all about.

To me it's not just about what it can do, it's the history of the car, the technological advancements that Honda had made at that time in the automotive industry etc, you just can't fake the feeling.

It'd be like an MR2 with a ferrari bodykit. Even if the MR2 is faster, everyone will still want the prancing horse. It just means more.

ToFuBoi
19-09-2009, 07:03 PM
eg6 no doubt man.. just cos its newer :)

Cooker
19-09-2009, 08:55 PM
enjoy your aussie spec eg then mate
coming from a person who doesnt have a eg6 again
I will enjoy driving my all go no show aussie civic thankyou.
Why would I drive a lesser spec car then mine aka EG6 and go "Oh my goodness, this is AWESOME" when mine is heaps better specked.
I care about the overall track package of a car, not some stupid Vin plate. I'll put an EG6 vin plate on my car and apart from no EG6 rear wing and bronze rear glass you won't be able to tell the differance, but who cares anyway.
But you got EG6 on your VIN, congrats.

This thread is about standard civics and as a standard street car EG6 is the ultimate EG civic but as soon as modified comes into it its only a VIN plate mate.
When you set the lap record in your fully sik JDM EG6 I'll listen to you about car performance.

This is EG6 VS EF9, not some dude with a chrome gearbox (pfff) telling everyone else that unless you have an EG6 your not King Dick.
Do you see the lap record holders (I won't mention companys/people but most people know who they are) around Australia whether it be in drag racing or circuit racing stressing that their EG's arn't EG6's?????? Honestly dude, you own an EG with bolt ons done by Honda, get over it.
Don't get me wrong, I would love an EG6/EF9 as a work bunky/weekend hacker car so I wouldn't have to drive my gutted track civic to work and everywhere with ear plugs and get police attention etc etc but rest assured when I do get one I won't be like "Oh my god, I own a JDM civic yo, I'm king dick" cos for pure performance/driving pleasure my AUSSIE EG5 will shame it, but for taking the missus out to the movies or dinner etc (Its embarrassing taking a chick out in a 90's civic even if it is an EG6) I'm sure she will apreciate the EG6 over the EG5 track whore as she won't have to yell on the freeway to overcome the noise, and won't have to bring 3 pillows to soften the blows of the suspension lol

90LAN
19-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I will enjoy driving my all go no show aussie civic thankyou.
Why would I drive a lesser spec car then mine aka EG6 and go "Oh my goodness, this is AWESOME" when mine is heaps better specked.
I care about the overall track package of a car, not some stupid Vin plate. I'll put an EG6 vin plate on my car and apart from no EG6 rear wing and bronze rear glass you won't be able to tell the differance, but who cares anyway.
But you got EG6 on your VIN, congrats.

This thread is about standard civics and as a standard street car EG6 is the ultimate EG civic but as soon as modified comes into it its only a VIN plate mate.
When you set the lap record in your fully sik JDM EG6 I'll listen to you about car performance.

This is EG6 VS EF9, not some dude with a chrome gearbox (pfff) telling everyone else that unless you have an EG6 your not King Dick.
Do you see the lap record holders (I won't mention companys/people but most people know who they are) around Australia whether it be in drag racing or circuit racing stressing that their EG's arn't EG6's?????? Honestly dude, you own an EG with bolt ons done by Honda, get over it.
Don't get me wrong, I would love an EG6/EF9 as a work bunky/weekend hacker car so I wouldn't have to drive my gutted track civic to work and everywhere with ear plugs and get police attention etc etc but rest assured when I do get one I won't be like "Oh my god, I own a JDM civic yo, I'm king dick" cos for pure performance/driving pleasure my AUSSIE EG5 will shame it, but for taking the missus out to the movies or dinner etc (Its embarrassing taking a chick out in a 90's civic even if it is an EG6) I'm sure she will apreciate the EG6 over the EG5 track whore as she won't have to yell on the freeway to overcome the noise, and won't have to bring 3 pillows to soften the blows of the suspension lol

oh i forgot it was a thread about eg5 race car/ef9
i forgot we were talking about road car here that is going to get used by the op on the rd
and civics that are jdm
oh yeah you dont own one
please love to see what a real hond arace car looks like
looks like you think you are king shit track race car driver to me
i wish i had a race spec aussie civic
make sure you understand the title before you post next time
thats right you couldnt read it because you left your visor down
still got your helmet on from racing
nice one

mocchi
19-09-2009, 10:41 PM
oh thats right you couldnt read it because you left your visor down still got your helmet on from racing
nice one

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL hey lan im a racerboy too you offend me. :p

Cooker
19-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Whatever forum warrior, if I can't see out my visor how did I set the lap record.
Don't reply with some lame comeback, I'm sure the guy that started this thread knows by now what people think about EG6 and EF9.

Setanta
20-09-2009, 08:41 AM
no, ef8.

find one with ALL the options.

climate control, abs, lsd, folding morrors, maplights.

yeah, if modding for race, then don't destroy one.

the optional ABS on the EF9 SiR II was an absolute joke. Bulky and adding weight to the car - and it was hit and miss. A mate who had it in his removed it and replaced it with the standard SiR brakes. All SiRs had folding mirrors - the automatic folding ones I've seen once and that was at a wrecking yard and only the controller for it. The optional climate control was ok - I ran a relay to mine to bypass it though. Maplights - I can't find them in any of the Japanese brochures I have on the EF9 (Primo dealership).

Dammit - you made me go through all my EF9 catalogues including my Mugen EF9 one... time to start saving for a new EF :)

To the guy claiming Au spec cars over JDM ones... ignorance is a blissful state isn't it? :)

Cooker
20-09-2009, 08:46 AM
To the guy claiming Au spec cars over JDM ones... ignorance is a blissful state isn't it? :)

You referring to me? Are everyones eyes painted on? I said, once MODIFIED it doesn't matter if its JDM, AUDM, USDM etc etc
As I have stated, in standard form EG6 rules.

90LAN
20-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Whatever forum warrior, if I can't see out my visor how did I set the lap record.
Don't reply with some lame comeback, I'm sure the guy that started this thread knows by now what people think about EG6 and EF9.

still waiting for pics

and the op to post his pics

lots of talk but still no pics

Bludger
20-09-2009, 10:21 AM
All SiRs had folding mirrors - the automatic folding ones I've seen once and that was at a wrecking yard and only the controller for it. The optional climate control was ok - I ran a relay to mine to bypass it though. Maplights - I can't find them in any of the Japanese brochures I have on the EF9 (Primo dealership).

Dammit - you made me go through all my EF9 catalogues including my Mugen EF9 one... time to start saving for a new EF :)

To the guy claiming Au spec cars over JDM ones... ignorance is a blissful state isn't it? :)Thought it would be quite obvious that I was talking about power folding mirrors.

I'm very happy with my automatic climate control, thanks very much. So much so that I have an automatic climate control from an SiR-G Integra ready to go into my d2r. I just need to find some sensors for it.

Regarding the maplights........... DUHHHHH

Keep looking, did I ever refer to ef9?? No, ef9 owners & drivers can go sit on the manual gearstick and shove it up their arse. eg6 owners too for that matter. I'm talking about ef8 cr-x here mate, with glass roof. Glass roof models came with maplights. Did you know that glass roof models are lighter than sunroof models?

Go save up for an EF, just make sure you get an EF8 this time, instead of an EF9.

Happy hunting:wave::wave::wave:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

~Sp33~
20-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Did you know that glass roof models are lighter than sunroof models?

By ten kilos :thumbsup:

gen2 CRX
20-09-2009, 08:29 PM
normal roof 20kg lighter :thumbsup:

Dems
20-09-2009, 09:32 PM

lol :p

~Sp33~
20-09-2009, 09:34 PM

Honda says that it's only ten kilo's lighter without the glass roof.

Bludger
20-09-2009, 09:35 PM
normal roof 20kg lighter :thumbsup:and it also sux:wave:

~Sp33~
lol. *facepalm*

Bludger
Honda says that it's only ten kilo's lighter without the glass roof.gen2 crx is correct, sunroof add 20kg.

glass roof add 10 kg.

~Sp33~
20-09-2009, 11:46 PM
gen2 crx is correct, sunroof add 20kg.

Thought he was talking about the glass roof. ;)

Fergs
21-09-2009, 10:20 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3273/2890607101_7705dcfc7c_o.jpg
pure pawn

gen2 CRX
21-09-2009, 05:55 PM
hell this thread is pathetic.. id rather be rocking a ef chassis any day :cool:. It all comes down to what you dig at the end of the day..if you dig a eg chassis then go ahead and rock one.

kyle
21-09-2009, 07:44 PM
the optional ABS on the EF9 SiR II was an absolute joke. Bulky and adding weight to the car - and it was hit and miss. A mate who had it in his removed it and replaced it with the standard SiR brakes.

My ABS is rooted and I want to take it out. But can't find anyone with OEM SiR Non ABS Brake Lines. Sigh...

rpm boy
13-11-2009, 04:54 PM
simple as that
simple as that too

Although the man is prob the most hated person on this thread he is right.

the only reason you pay 10k more for an EG6 is to have the number it on the chassis, if you dont understand that, then theres no point explaining it.
and +1 for EG6 many more interchangable goodies for them and the wank factor is strong with an EG6 :p

hondaEK4
13-11-2009, 05:10 PM
to bad your from perth, around a month back this old guy posted up an original eg6 came with all extras and the original momo steering wheel. he was selling for cheap also. i mean real cheap.

shitbox
13-11-2009, 06:10 PM

the only reason you pay 10k more for an EG6 is to have the number it on the chassis, if you dont understand that, then theres no point explaining it.
and +1 for EG6 many more interchangable goodies for them and the wank factor is strong with an EG6 :p

dunno bout an eg6 but with ef9/8 its much cheaper to buy the genuine thing than to build a replica??

90LAN
13-11-2009, 07:59 PM

ef9s are hitting the 10k mark too now
thats why you bought a jdm gt four
when you could of just got a celica with a conversion
thats right you pay more than 10k just to have gt four on the back of your heavy ass slow car
how do i know my brother use to own
+1 for the GT four wank factor for pos rally car is strong with the gt four
funny how you own jdm cars
why didnt you just buy aussie models and do them up instead of getting the real models ? lol

typical ozhonda members talking about stuff they dont know anything about again

Bludger
13-11-2009, 08:14 PM
LOL....
tell them how it is Lan.

~Sp33~
14-11-2009, 12:19 AM
ef9/8 its much cheaper to buy the genuine thing than to build a replica??

This isn't true.

dougie_504
14-11-2009, 02:02 PM
This isn't true.

I think it's true. You can get a good EF8 CRX for anywhere between $7000-11000 depending on condition and mods etc.

Otherwise you'd pay more than half that for an ED9 or EF7, another $3000-3500 to purchase/install a B16A (assuming most idiots buying converted CRXs are dumb enough to not swap the engine themselves) and then even more money for the SiR bonnet, bumper, indicators etc (and they're all a pain to find & expensive to buy).

For example I bought my glass-top EF8 for $8500 (I believe this was a good deal for 9 months ago). It had 96,500 original KMs on in and a very straight body. Already had RS*R headers and a 5Zigen cat-back, 14" watanabe rims, spare set of 17" rims, RWC, some rego, RS*R shocks, RS*R short shifter, momo steering wheel etc etc.

If I'd wanted an ED9 or EF7 with similar body condition and KMs I'd surely have to pay around the $7000 mark. So I think if you build your own replica you'd probably pay around 30-50% more in the long-run. Not to mention, legally, it should require an engineering cert because the B16A CRX wasn't an Australian delivered option for the model.
Then, at the end of the day, it's a shitty replica and everybody raises an eyebrow when it goes up for sale because it's obviously been totally messed with.

JDM FTW. Anything else is a compromise and you shouldn't bother trying to make it JDM.

~Sp33~
14-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I think it's true. You can get a good EF8 CRX for anywhere between $7000-11000 depending on condition and mods etc.

Otherwise you'd pay more than half that for an ED9 or EF7, another $3000-3500 to purchase/install a B16A (assuming most idiots buying converted CRXs are dumb enough to not swap the engine themselves) and then even more money for the SiR bonnet, bumper, indicators etc (and they're all a pain to find & expensive to buy)

...30-50% more in the long-run.

So 3500, plus the cost of the front end conversion, so say 1500? Lets say 500 for road worthies and engineering certificates. That's still far less than 7-10k.

Not saying it's better, i just don't think it's cheaper.

dougie_504
14-11-2009, 02:26 PM
So 3500, plus the cost of the front end conversion, so say 1500? Lets say 500 for road worthies and engineering certificates. That's still far less than 7-10k.

Well, that's $5500 + ED9/EF7 price. And to get one in good knick? You can get a shit ED9/EF7 for like $3000-4000 which would equal the price of a good EF8, or to buy a good ED9/EF7 you could pay $5000-7000 and suddenly you're paying a price equal to an immaculate EF8.

Maybe as well just buy a good knick EF8, yeah? I believe it's cheaper that way. Conversions are for desperate people who aren't prepared to wait twelve months for a good SiR like I did :D

~Sp33~
14-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Well, that's $5500 + ED9/EF7 price. And to get one in good knick? You can get a shit ED9/EF7 for like $3000-4000 which would equal the price of a good EF8, or to buy a good ED9/EF7 you could pay $5000-7000 and suddenly you're paying a price equal to an immaculate EF8.

Maybe as well just buy a good knick EF8, yeah? I believe it's cheaper that way. Conversions are for desperate people who aren't prepared to wait twelve months for a good SiR like I did :D

I read the 3500 was including the car and b16 conversion.

You can pick up a clean shell (not running, you don't need the old engine!) for less than 1k. I would even go as far as saying it's possible to pick them up for a couple of hundred.

And 5-7k doesn't get you an immaculate EF8.

dougie_504
14-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I read the 3500 was including the car and b16 conversion.

You can pick up a clean shell (not running, you don't need the old engine!) for less than 1k. I would even go as far as saying it's possible to pick them up for a couple of hundred.

And 5-7k doesn't get you an immaculate EF8.

True about the shell, good point.

And no I'm not saying $5000-7000 gets you an immaculate EF8. I already said I paid $8500 for mine which isn't immaculate, and that they range from $7000-11000 so you would think my opinion of immaculate is more around the $10000 mark, right?

What I was saying is that paying $5000-7000 for a very tidy ED9/EF7 and then factoring in about $5500 worth of engine, labour and body conversion (as previously discussed) would equate to $10000-13000 and for that sum you'd be looking at just getting an immaculate EF8.

But yes, true about the rolling shell. However I stand by my argument that at the end of the day all you have is a non-genuine attempt at owning a JDM EF8 CRX and people don't respect it because you didn't originally respect it for what it was and ended up messing with it...

~Sp33~
14-11-2009, 06:12 PM
And no I'm not saying $5000-7000 gets you an immaculate EF8. I already said I paid $8500 for mine which isn't immaculate, and that they range from $7000-11000 so you would think my opinion of immaculate is more around the $10000 mark, right?

re:

...or to buy a good ED9/EF7 you could pay $5000-7000 and suddenly you're paying a price equal to an immaculate EF8.

It's cool, i see where you are coming from, piecing together cars can be expensive, especially when you don't know what you're doing, though if that's the case you probably shouldn't attempt it.

dougie_504
15-11-2009, 12:05 AM
re:

It's cool, i see where you are coming from, piecing together cars can be expensive, especially when you don't know what you're doing, though if that's the case you probably shouldn't attempt it.

Dude I don't think you're understanding me here:

I'm saying that the conversion might cost $5500 (which becomes our starting expense figure) and then you need to factor in the price of an average ED9/EF7 for $3000-4000 or a very good ED9/EF7 for $5000-7000, taking the total price of buying/converting a non-SiR CRX to somewhere between $8500-$12500
At this point you're looking very much at the price of a very clean ($8500) to immaculate/show room EF8 ($11000+) ---> coming back to my original point that to build a replica is not cheaper.
That is, of course, not including your rolling shell idea which is a very good point.

All clear?

~Sp33~
15-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Ok i see, I don't know why you'd strip down a mint example of an ED9/EF7 if it was all going to be converted, and that conversion price seems extremely inflated. If you don't know how to get parts cheaper than that, then you're better off buying one either already assembled or original.

shitbox
15-11-2009, 01:26 PM

please tell me where or how to get a full conversion for 1500, my understanding is ur looking at 4-5 grand for a conversion parts + labour and its still just gonna be a civic/crx with a b16 nothing wrong with this at all i personaly bought my sir because it was a cheaper option...

~Sp33~
15-11-2009, 01:40 PM
my understanding is ur looking at 4-5 grand for a conversion parts + labour

That's fine, i'm not going to argue the cost, if you don't know where to get it for cheaper than that's not my bad luck. If you're looking for a conversion, sitting in an import shop then ofcourse paying retail for the conversion is going to be more than finding the parts yourself. I'd also like to see a break down on that 4-5 grand on exactly how much you think a couple of headlights, a hood and a filler piece are going to be priced at. Again:

Why would you take on this kind of thing if you couldn't do it yourself.

dougie_504
15-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Ok i see, I don't know why you'd strip down a mint example of an ED9/EF7 if it was all going to be converted, and that conversion price seems extremely inflated. If you don't know how to get parts cheaper than that, then you're better off buying one either already assembled or original.

Yeah true. ED9s and EF7s are nice as they are. But yeah, the point we're debating is that to 'build' a replica isn't worth it when you can buy the original cheaper (just that they're harder to find).

please tell me where or how to get a full conversion for 1500, my understanding is ur looking at 4-5 grand for a conversion parts + labour and its still just gonna be a civic/crx with a b16 nothing wrong with this at all i personaly bought my sir because it was a cheaper option...

No, we didn't say that man. Sp33 and I agreed that the conversion would cost $3500 +/- for B16A engine/labour and another $1500 for bumper, bonnet, indicators, spray/labour etc ----> so we figured it was about $5000+ for conversion to SiR.

That's fine, i'm not going to argue the cost, if you don't know where to get it for cheaper than that's not my bad luck. If you're looking for a conversion, sitting in an import shop then ofcourse paying retail for the conversion is going to be more than finding the parts yourself. I'd also like to see a break down on that 4-5 grand on exactly how much you think a couple of headlights, a hood and a filler piece are going to be priced at. Again:

Why would you take on this kind of thing if you couldn't do it yourself.

Exactly, it's a waste of time and money. And it might be worth buying a well done project replica but at the end of the day everybody raises an eyebrow because the car has been seriously messed with and disrespected for what it originally was to begin with.

Sir_vtec
15-11-2009, 03:34 PM
fine example of genuine eg6!!!!! 90LAN! wats not to like??? :D:D:D

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg61.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg66-1.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg67.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg64.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg63.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg65.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/90LAN/eg78.jpg

how come the dohc vtec decal is missing? or its the pics that arent clear?

90LAN
15-11-2009, 03:37 PM
it had no stickers when i bought it
yonas has mine in storage lol

and it looks alot shitter now

Sir_vtec
15-11-2009, 03:52 PM
what looks a lot shitter? the decal in storage?

Man i cant get over how immaculate that interior is.

90LAN
15-11-2009, 03:56 PM
yonas has a shit load of them pm him if you want a set

im still waiting for the op to post pics of these cars he got offered

no pics all talk

~Sp33~
15-11-2009, 03:57 PM
no pics all talk

That's OzHonda for you.

rpm boy
16-11-2009, 08:32 AM
ef9s are hitting the 10k mark too now
thats why you bought a jdm gt four
when you could of just got a celica with a conversion
thats right you pay more than 10k just to have gt four on the back of your heavy ass slow car
how do i know my brother use to own
+1 for the GT four wank factor for pos rally car is strong with the gt four
funny how you own jdm cars
why didnt you just buy aussie models and do them up instead of getting the real models ? lol

typical ozhonda members talking about stuff they dont know anything about again

did i miss something? firstly i was praising you for your ownership of JDM cars and was expressing how if you cant understand why you would pay more money for a little number then STFU
Also i do have done up aussie cars only because jdm cars are worth more left stock and unmolested and as for the GT4, i have an Aus spec of the same model with the exact same spec motor and it goes better than the JDM model.... but i still like the jdm model more as its got the Number on the chassis
Also theres only a handfull in the country and its worth a sh!tload more to enthusiests

trism
16-11-2009, 10:25 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/47/eathlete-THIS-THREAD-SUCKS.jpg

warwick108
16-11-2009, 11:22 AM
was lucky enough to sit in an ef9 the other day.. all i can say is wow.. =).. what a beautiful car.. =)

civicboy84
17-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Mate if you're after an old school civic/honda The Eg or EF are nice cars. Im a CRX man myself but given your circumstances and your wants an needs Id say go for a DC5R. They are new, relaible becasue they are new and all the yummy bits are ready to go. Inevitabely old cars cost money to keep nice because they are old and have wear an tear beyond those of new cars...only makes sense. So for a trouble free Honda go newest as possible. All hondas are good cars and reliable if they have been well cared for.

Even Go HONDA S2K 03/04/05 model.....

All the best of luck, and let the force be with you ;)

cheers!

chris