PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the new VTiL Civic.

Albert
29-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I was just wondering if tall drivers here find that the new Civic has enough head room for you. .....I'm thinking of buying a Civic VTiL and I have test driven one but can't remember if it had enough head room. I don't remember trying the height adjustment for the drivers seat.

Also, would you say the new Civic gets the same good fuel economy as a new 1500 Jazz. Would the Civic get the same fuel economy as a 1500 Jazz?

And I don't like cars with hard suspension. Does the Civic handle bumps well and cope with bumpy roads well?

Thanks.

tony1234
29-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I was just wondering if tall drivers here find that the new Civic has enough head room for you. .....I'm thinking of buying a Civic VTiL and I have test driven one but can't remember if it had enough head room. I don't remember trying the height adjustment for the drivers seat.

Also, would you say the new Civic gets the same good fuel economy as a new 1500 Jazz. Would the Civic get the same fuel economy as a 1500 Jazz?

And I don't like cars with hard suspension. Does the Civic handle bumps well and cope with bumpy roads well?

Thanks.
My wife has one(manual).
Q1.I'm 176cm and wife is shorter so cant help you there.lol.But in saying that there looks like there's a fair bit of room for tall drivers.
Q2.The Civic is not far behind the Jazz as far as fuel economy goes,approx.10%more i think but we have a manual.
Q3.The suspension is a good compromise between soft and a bit on the firm side so yes it does handle bumps well.

Albert
29-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your reply Tony. Next time I go to the Honda dealer , I'll look more closely into those 3 aspects and I'll hopefully get to have another test drive.

ekdez
29-08-2009, 07:39 PM
should do a quick search of the forum.. =] might help you..

in regards to car being too stiff..
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114107
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107625

im 5"10 and i have plenty of head room. :thumbsup:

Albert
29-08-2009, 08:08 PM
thanks for your reply ekdez

bodaas
30-08-2009, 10:50 AM
my bro 189 and he never complain.

Albert
30-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Bodaas......I'm 186.

How much do you think I'll have to pay for a Civic VTi-L auto drive away?

aero
30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
for the '09 models, i rkn u'd be looking at around $33k drive away?
is there any specific reason why u want the vti-l and not just the vti?

Albert
30-08-2009, 02:14 PM
thanks aero.......I didn't realize that the VTi-L was so expensive.........it would be nice to have the bigger alloy wheels that come standard with the VTi-L .........but seeing that the VTi auto would probably be about 28K ? drive away then I'd go for it instead.

JOhnnyFD
30-08-2009, 02:18 PM
get bigger rims urself later on

Albert
30-08-2009, 03:26 PM
get bigger rims urself later onThanks....I'll wait for next years model because the VTi may come standard with alloys.....like Subaru did with the new Impreza.

ganj3
30-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks....I'll wait for next years model because the VTi may come standard with alloys.....like Subaru did with the new Impreza.

Where did you hear this?

aero
30-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks....I'll wait for next years model because the VTi may come standard with alloys.....like Subaru did with the new Impreza.

i dont know about that lol. it would be a much better alternative to do what johnnyfd said and get aftermarket wheels for ur car. as long as u dont go something super lightweight and jdm like some works or rays wheels, they should be cheaper than the price honda gives for the 16" alloys on the vti-l.

if ur not in a hurry, u can always wait and see for what comes up next year, although i think it is highly unlikely that alloys will come standard on the vti.

Albert
30-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm only guessing.

tony1234
31-08-2009, 07:47 AM
for the '09 models, i rkn u'd be looking at around $33k drive away?
is there any specific reason why u want the vti-l and not just the vti?
1 mth.ago we paid $27900 driveaway for 09 build and complied VTi-L manual with metalic paint and 2yr or 40K free Honda service so for auto i reckon add $2400.So approx.$30300.

ekdez
31-08-2009, 09:58 AM

vti will always be on steelies with hubcap, bare minimum on the car. (optional upgrade to alloys etc...)
vti-L is the model up and will always have alloy's as base hence price is higher... also notice the L is for Luxury.
sport will always have different wheels to the two above.

fitme
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
full length airbags is the only thing that i want in a VTiL variant...i wish it could be an optional to VTi

Albert
01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
. also notice the L is for Luxury..Yes, but there does not seem enough to warrant the increase in price of th VTi-L over the VTi........alloy wheels with bigger tyres + 6 stack CD player + extra air bags + 60/40 fold down rear seat .......and that's about all.??

Albert
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
full length airbags is the only thing that i want in a VTiL variant...i wish it could be an optional to VTi Thanks , that's good to know.

fitme
02-09-2009, 08:36 AM
alloy wheels with bigger tyres + 6 stack CD player + extra air bags + 60/40 fold down rear seat .......and that's about all.??

plus the steering mounted control for the radio...afaik the vti doesnt have this...
currently im in the market of buying a new car.....my choices are the Civic VTIL or the Lancer Sportback VRX...feature wise, lancer wins.

Albert
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
plus the steering mounted control for the radio...afaik the vti doesnt have this...
currently im in the market of buying a new car.....my choices are the Civic VTIL or the Lancer Sportback VRX...feature wise, lancer wins.
I don't think you could beat the Honda Civic VTi or VTi-L.
I don't think you'll find the quality of the Lancer as good as the Civic.
I test drove the Civic VTi auto today and was amazed by how great it felt on the road....I had it up to 100kph and it was so smooth and stable that I was really impressed. The only thing that was not 100% was the noise from the motor and not so smooth auto change at low speeds. At 100kph it was very quiet though. The new Mazda 3 has a super smooth 5 speed auto .......but yuK!..I wouldn't have one of them because they feel terrible on the road.

unity
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I am 183 cms and have no problem sitting in the Civic, even when the seat is adjusted to its highest position.

Car drives well with smooth gear changes and handles road bumps quite well.

My Civic seems to run at about 10L/100KM which 100% city driving.

Albert
05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I am 183 cms and have no problem sitting in the Civic, even when the seat is adjusted to its highest position.

Car drives well with smooth gear changes and handles road bumps quite well.

My Civic seems to run at about 10L/100KM which 100% city driving.
Yes , I have noticed the Civic has plenty of head room but was surprised today when I sat in a new Corolla that the Corolla had even more head room than the Civic.

You say 'smooth changes'.......does that mean you have an auto? I found the gear changes in the Civic auto a little rough but nothing to worry about.

I would like the Civic to be even better on bumps ......just like the new Subaru Impreza which is one of the best small cars I have experienced for the way it rides.

One of the best things about the Civic is it's good fuel economy.....10L/100KM which 100% city driving.... sounds pretty good to me.

But overall......it's almost impossible to beat the Civic when I take everything into consideration.

unity
06-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Yes , I have noticed the Civic has plenty of head room but was surprised today when I sat in a new Corolla that the Corolla had even more head room than the Civic.

You say 'smooth changes'.......does that mean you have an auto? I found the gear changes in the Civic auto a little rough but nothing to worry about.

I would like the Civic to be even better on bumps ......just like the new Subaru Impreza which is one of the best small cars I have experienced for the way it rides.

One of the best things about the Civic is it's good fuel economy.....10L/100KM which 100% city driving.... sounds pretty good to me.

But overall......it's almost impossible to beat the Civic when I take everything into consideration.

Yes it's an auto. But so far it has been very reliable and is running very well. I have not had a problem with the car at all.

Get yourself a really good price and get some accessories and you should really enjoy your Civic.

ekdez
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
services have been cheap too.. (im on 20,000 atm)
i own a late 08 vti-L and both services (10k and 20k) have only been 150 odd.

DylanDesign
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Albert,

I bought a new black civic VTI-L automatic last year (08 model). After on-road, rego, and insurance (the dealer paid insurance for a year through justcar). Extra optionals: door sills (scuff plates), chrome exhaust, floor mats. I beleive it was around 31-32k in total.

The VTI-L is a much more attractive model compared to the VTI in my opinion
-Alarm system
-steering wheel controls
-split seats
-good looking 16" rims
-6-stack cd player

All of those things easily make up the extra you'd pay for it..
Here's a tip.. whilst choosing the colour, they were all $300, except for the white I think $100.. I have seen white civics on the road and they look GREAT - so you can save $200 there.

having said that, I've since bought new wheels for my VTI-L and I have the original stock ones which you're welcome to buy from me if you choose the VTI.

In the end, it really is a teriffic car and I have no complaints!

Albert
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
services have been cheap too.. (im on 20,000 atm)
i own a late 08 vti-L and both services (10k and 20k) have only been 150 odd.That sound good......but the new Corolla has serivces capped at $130 up to 60,000km. Does your dealer serve expresso coffee and bickies as well when get your service? :angel:

ekdez
06-09-2009, 02:46 PM
corolla is in a different class in my opinion
its a hatch back..
not a sedan.

Albert
06-09-2009, 08:04 PM
In the end, it really is a teriffic car and I have no complaints!Thanks for your post....it's reassuring posts like yours that make me feel safer in my choice of Honda.

Albert
06-09-2009, 08:05 PM
corolla is in a different class in my opinion
its a hatch back..
not a sedan.Corolla's come in Sedans as well as hatch backs.....

ekdez
06-09-2009, 11:45 PM
oh .. shows you how much i care for toyota's..