PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen often or has happened to anyone else

flipstar
30-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Hey guys was driving tonight and the all of a sudden my car got crazy loud like i was in vtec and i looked and i was only sitting on 3k rpm.

I thought maybe the exhaust came loose like a bolt and checked all good popped the hood and saw that headers have snapped off from the bottom flange and the exhaust was sitting on the ground my mates tell me i could of bottomed out or just the weilds just gave in from wear and tear.

Does this happen often or has happened to anyone else i know its a quick fix but ive never seen anything like this before

bizee_1
30-08-2009, 05:28 AM
i used to have one of the bolts somehow dislodge, break or whatever from the header occasionally. So their would be only one bolt connecting both the primaries & secondaries together. Eventually got the secondaries re-done anyhow, & no longer have had to worry about the bolts disappearing. Helps more if i raise the car an inch.

jrxs-r
31-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Are the exhaust mounting brackets from the block (near the oil filter) attached to the headers? This bracket is there to prevent excessive movement of the headers which leads to cracked pipes on aftermarket headers.