PDA

View Full Version : where is a car alarm shock sensor located on dc2

ASSaZiN
30-08-2009, 02:01 AM
hey guys just got a mongoose m30 car alarm installed by car audio excellence, any idea whereabouts the shock sensor would be so i can change the setting? i can literally bang and shake my car without the alarm going off which seems kinda pointless.

i would call em and ask but its sunday and i think they are closed today

Chriskoss
30-08-2009, 02:06 AM
just wait til tomorrow get them to make it a little more sensitive. Most of the time its under the dash but could be anywhere they want to put it, but yeh should be near the wires under the dash

ajbm
30-08-2009, 02:15 AM
look for a red light flashing unit (everytime you move the car)
It should be underneath the dash on the drivers side,
first take the fuse box cover to get access and locate the shock sensor box, then get a little flat head screw driver (or if u have long enough nails) to adjust the sensitivity.
(don't forget to mute it first if you want to fix them now)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
30-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Be patient, get them to do it.

geeang
30-08-2009, 10:01 AM
There is no fixed location, it's wherever they chose to install it.

ASSaZiN
30-08-2009, 10:09 AM
ahh, i will go back to them indeed, i also have a feeling they may have done the dodgy and not even put it in, i noticed many snapped plastic connectors and things in the boot. And i paid for a mongoose m20 for $245 and they gave me a M30 at no extra cost because they had no stock of the m20

going back monday after tafe for sure

defect
30-08-2009, 10:39 AM
may have not put a shock sensor in?
its not place so you can find it too easy (:

simonnowis
30-08-2009, 01:21 PM
it should be under the dash, most likely the driver side. look for a little black plastic box module which has an adjuster. from memory I think it was just indicated as + & -. so put it all the way to +.

ASSaZiN
30-08-2009, 01:37 PM
found it guys, it wasn't even attached to the car no wonder it wasn't working, its a little black box with a led and a knob thing, its just literally hanging there, no effort was made to fasten it to the car at all, even the alarm module is just hanging there amongst the wires. Was also rattling while the car was idling .

i dont think il be getting anything else installed from there again.

i want to screw it to the chassis of the car somewhere but i dont have the hardware to do so. atm i just taped it to the metal just behind the boot release. il be fixing this myself as soon as i can burrow a drill.

hotdc2
30-08-2009, 02:25 PM
the problem is going to CAE

dodgiest dudes in the industry.
better of going to strathfiled car radio

don't worry, i learnt my lesson the hard way also..