PDA

View Full Version : 2004 v6 accord

z3lda
13-11-2004, 11:36 AM
does any heere own one or have driven the new 177kw v6 Accord? just wanna know how fast is it and how good the ride is. is it worth buying the accord over the liberty Gt? lol

opinons pleaase :wave:

wynode
13-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Does it only come in auto..or manual also?

z3lda
13-11-2004, 12:15 PM
5 speed auto tranmisson. priced at 39k, not bad for a 177kw SOHC vtec engine

yfin
13-11-2004, 02:31 PM
does any heere own one or have driven the new 177kw v6 Accord? just wanna know how fast is it and how good the ride is. is it worth buying the accord over the liberty Gt? lol

opinons pleaase :wave:

Totally different price range to the liberty GT isn't it?

It is quick in a straight line - i remember reading something like 0-100 in 7.5-7.9 seconds for the auto. The Euro is a better buy if you want to spend around 40k.

bigdongers
13-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I drove it about a year ago. From what I remember, the engine is super smooth and there is plenty of power. However its not what you call neck snapping power. When you plant your foot, it doesnt surge forward like a sports car. It wasnt designed that way though.

Its a totally different car to the Liberty GT or 3.0RB.

Faiz
13-11-2004, 05:23 PM
yeh the euro manual is way better buy, note im anti auto euro....and i own one :P

EuroAccord13
14-11-2004, 04:37 AM
I love the car... it goes alright.. Everything on the inside is the same... and the rear is supposingly more spacious but I couldn't tell the difference...

P.S ... It was the V6 that I drove.... didn't try the 2.4L SOHC though...

aaronng
14-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Space-wise, the Euro gives the feeling that the car is wrapped around you like a perfect size sports jumper. The Accord 2.4L and V6 gives a feeling of being in a trenchcoat. Feels spacious, and could fit another 1 or 2 girls (or guys!) in that coat.

Speed-wise, the V6 will be faster than the Euro when you floor it. but when you are driving normally, letting it shift at 3000rpm (which is 90% of the time unless you live in the twisty mountains :) ), it will always consume more fuel than the Euro under the same conditions.

On bumpy roads, the Euro will follow the contour of the road (which is disliked by the older generation), while the Accord will just soak it up, and occasionally going boing boing if the bumps are huge. But for comfort, go for Accord. For sporty driving, go Euro.

VirIIx
14-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I love the car... it goes alright.. Everything on the inside is the same... and the rear is supposingly more spacious but I couldn't tell the difference...

P.S ... It was the V6 that I drove.... didn't try the 2.4L SOHC though...

I gave the V6 a go, it is larger in the compartment, it's like sitting in a nice big commodore but with a better finish inside

bigdongers
14-11-2004, 02:10 PM
The big Accord has heaps more space in the rear. The interior is pretty much the same though as the Euro. Same gauges, same stereo.

Type R Positive
15-11-2004, 01:32 PM
The new v6 accord is great, but way softer than Euro. It is a luxury car, and does it nicely. If I had a family and was looking at a commodore, falcon, magna and the likes, V6 Accord definately better. Then again, Euro is a family car and I already got one of those! This is why they are so popular.

aaronng
15-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Euro is a family car, if family means 2 parents and 2 kids. If you are planning to or already have 3 kids, then get the Accord V6. Surprisingly, the Euro's rear space is narrower than the 1991 Accord (which is the great grandfather of the Euro).

bigdongers
15-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Euro is a family car, if family means 2 parents and 2 kids. If you are planning to or already have 3 kids, then get the Accord V6. Surprisingly, the Euro's rear space is narrower than the 1991 Accord (which is the great grandfather of the Euro).

The 1991 Accord is more like the great grandfather of the V6 Accord isnt it? My Dad had a 91 EXI and I reckon its closer in look and feel to the V6 Accord.

I cant really think of any Accord that the Euro is similar to. Maby the 95 model?

aaronng
15-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Hmm, the V6 one is actually not called the Accord in Japan. It's the Inspire. There is an Accord family tree on Honda world website, and it starts from the small 2 door accord, down to the 1991 model, and then to the Accord Euro.
The 91 EXi with the 2.2 litre SOHC F22 engine, right? With the "quarter circle" look rear lamps and curved sides. and the front which looks long.