PDA

View Full Version : DC2 'Squeaking' when turning slowly & going up bumps

zropts
31-08-2009, 02:34 PM
As title mentions, why is this so? Is it bushes? If so, which ones?

I've checked suspension/struts/shocks and don't think this is the problem... what could possibly be the cause of this?

This happens when reversing/going fwd out of carparks etc. & also going up slowly on bumps/gutters....

Squeaking noise on both sides...

Mugen_B16B
31-08-2009, 02:44 PM
steering rack problem is my guess, sounds like rubber against rubber noise? if u turn ur wheel slightly standing still left and right u should here the noise? then its the steering rack

zropts
31-08-2009, 02:48 PM
thought it might be that too... but where on the steering rack is this caused?

intk20A
31-08-2009, 10:13 PM
It is your upper control arm bushes, what you can do is unbolt the lower wish bone and remove your shock absorber by unbolting it from the top, then you can move the hub assembly up and down and you will here the noise. either lube the upper control arm bushes or get them replaced. Usually have to replace them.... also lube front sway bar D rubbers at the same time they will also give a similar noise....

dtzeng
01-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Ive had that noise too... when i go uphill or whilst taking off in gear 1 uphill slowly.

Received it after 100km service.awkward! will bring it in for some lube-fun.

jeffreymui
01-09-2009, 01:36 AM
i had that aswell, and its from the upper arm, definately get it checked out

zropts
02-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I've checked and it is the bushes... they look abit worn out... so where can i get a complete set of bushes for all this part of the car from?

intk20A
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I think you will have to buy the whole upper arm from honda, dont know if you can get them separate, sucks bad......

Unless you want to buy some adjustable upper arms so you have adjustable front camber......

dsee2
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
could be your aftermarket suspension just grinding when you're turning.

jack up the car and lube all the possible joints in contact with the suspension.

good luck:thumbsup:

dtzeng
03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
could be your aftermarket suspension just grinding when you're turning.

jack up the car and lube all the possible joints in contact with the suspension.

good luck:thumbsup:

Sounds like a pickup line . or im just immature =p

SHI-FTY
06-09-2009, 04:28 AM
had that exact same problem aswell! but it started wen i drove into a massive pot hole :S, so i jacked d car up and my first guess was the control arm (correct me if im wrong), but yea where the two peice control arm connect to each other i found rust around the mating surfaces ill take a pic if i got time tomorow anyway where they mate up against each other i wd40'd it then tightned the bolts up a bit more then it all went away so far so good hasnt returnd and this happend a month n a bit ago