PDA

View Full Version : S2000 120k Service

98octane+
31-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Guys, my s2k is due for 120k service. Rang up Astoria got quoted $650 approx, which includes:- tappers adjustments, brake fluid change, diff, transmission, oil, oil filter and air filter change and the general checks i assume.

Then rang up Yarra. $1305, the service dude told me cam valve cover or head needs to be replaced as part of the 120k service... is that guy for real or what ????? any one know if that's normal or is he just trying his luck??

Also anything need to look out for, for a 120k service? coolant change???

Thanks

intk20A
01-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey, i work at robert lane honda in brighton....10 years honda experience

A 120,000k major service should include
Valve adjustment, with new valve cover gasket
coolant change
brake and clutch fluid
diff oil
gear box oil
oil and filter change
fuel filter
air filter
pollen filter, which is located under your wipers on passenger side...

Most honda dealerships these days charge you for valve adjustment but dont actually do it, ass holes but that is reality....

If you like i can do the job for you at home, will cost less and all things will get done properly.....

You dont need your head changed he is just talking about valve cover gasket, saying that they have to remove it to adjust valves, trying to make it sound worth the 1350 that you got quoted...

private msg me if your keen for me to do it.....i will use all genuine parts and it will be done to manufactures specs....

98octane+
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the prompt response and info. Is there anyway you tell if they actually did carryout the valve adjustments?

S2K-187
15-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey, i work at robert lane honda in brighton....10 years honda experience

A 120,000k major service should include
Valve adjustment, with new valve cover gasket
coolant change
brake and clutch fluid
diff oil
gear box oil
oil and filter change
fuel filter
air filter
pollen filter, which is located under your wipers on passenger side...

Most honda dealerships these days charge you for valve adjustment but dont actually do it, ass holes but that is reality....

If you like i can do the job for you at home, will cost less and all things will get done properly.....

You dont need your head changed he is just talking about valve cover gasket, saying that they have to remove it to adjust valves, trying to make it sound worth the 1350 that you got quoted...

private msg me if your keen for me to do it.....i will use all genuine parts and it will be done to manufactures specs....

champ u you in sydney???

ludecrs
15-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Brighton is in Vic.

JAP-S2K
15-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the prompt response and info. Is there anyway you tell if they actually did carryout the valve adjustments?
Yeah you can tell, generally when they require adjustment. Ticking is evident from the rocker cover, once they have been adjusted, no ticking will be heard, other than from your injectors.

yellows2k
15-11-2009, 07:52 PM
honda stealerships r a total rort. they will charge around $1000 and up for the 120k km service, in fact, the majors, every 40k km are all around the $800+ at a stealer.
when i used to own an s2k, i had a great independent honda trained mechanic do all my servicing. the minors (10k) were $100, using feo honda oil and oem honda parts. while the majors 40k km and even the 120k km cost me $460.
he knew to leave parts that werent worn so there wasnt needless replacement of good parts, he also raced speedway drift cars, so he was an enthusiast motorsport guy as well.
i know its tough, but u need to find a good honda independent, they r worth it

S2K-187
16-11-2009, 01:36 AM
anyone know where i can takke my s2k in sydney for a 120k service?

Ferrari
16-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Dedy at topone in Arncliffe.

Knows his Hondas, and wont overcharge.