PDA

View Full Version : dc2dc2dc2 Banned?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
(as per previous posted regulation? of site discussion threads this has been opened in the lounge to be moved)

Anyway, On topic.

What happened?

Why was he banned?

Whats the go here? One minute Tai is leaving for work the next he's banned?

I didn't see Tai do or say a thing that would be worth an infraction let alone banned.

But please, if he did something that bad I want to know what and under what rules

aaronng
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Are you posting this on behalf of dc2dc2dc2?
He was asked to remove the customised avatar which he copied off the admin. We take that as using the avatar to impersonate the admin or at least piss the admin off. He did not want to remove it and instead told us off. We do not tolerate that attitude, so he has been banned.

AZ51LK
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
actually i wanna know too... it must be pretty bad because im a dick to ben aarrronnnnngggg [or however you spell it] and q ball all the time and i havent been banned yet hay.

haha lets try again.

aaronng edit: no racism here please.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
No, I'm posting this as I personally am concerned about what is going on with our members.

i_own_you
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM
they b& people on ozhonda?

wow ive been livin under a rock.

krogoth
01-09-2009, 06:13 PM
so what if he copied wins avatar....

there have been many incidents of avatar copying..

how long is he banned for? how many infraction points?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 06:14 PM
they b& people on ozhonda?

Yes, Kazam was also Banned (perm-banned)

aaronng
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes, Kazam was also Banned (perm-banned)

He threatened the admin, that's why. There is no tolerance for that.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
so what if he copied wins avatar....

there have been many incidents of avatar copying..

how long is he banned for? how many infraction points?
The avatar was the admin's creation of his own likeliness. So dc2dc2dc2 copying it was implying either that he wanted to impersonate him or to piss the admin off. A request was sent to him to remove the avatar, but dc2dc2dc2 instead decided to tell the admin off. We don't want troublemakers here. Especially those trying to rally the members against the admin and mods who keep the place Honda-related.

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
tai was banned basically because he decided to cause mischief as soon as his ban was lifted. Point is he didnt learn a thing. And thus is banned fo-ever.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
He threatened the admin, that's why. There is no tolerance for that.

lol, I didn't ask why he was banned Aaron, I understand that already

Because it is a no-no in impersonating the admin or a mod.

But the thing is that wasn't impersonating the admin, just using his avatar.

kleo
01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
tai was banned basically because he decided to cause mischief as soon as his ban was lifted. Point is he didnt learn a thing. And thus is banned fo-ever.

forever? wow :eek:

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 06:44 PM

But whats the go with 'Black Stan' not copping infractions previously?

Fo-eva-eva?

aaronng
01-09-2009, 06:46 PM
But the thing is that wasn't impersonating the admin, just using his avatar.
He was asked to remove the avatar. He was not immediately banned. When he said that he wouldn't and to suck it up, that was the reason for the ban. He was trying to cause trouble.

Go ask dc2dc2dc2 why he chose to use the admin's avatar. It is either one of two choices. 1) to impersonate the admin (which you say he wasn't) or 2) to piss off the admin. If he was using my avatar for reason #2, I'd also ask him to remove it, failing which, I would ban him.

lilthug
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
so we are NOT allowed to use the exact same avatar as moderators?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 06:52 PM
He was asked to remove the avatar. He was not immediately banned. When he said that he wouldn't and to suck it up, that was the reason for the ban.

Ok but why was he not banned there and then?

What, wait untill he leaves for work?

But Wynode removed the avatar so therefore there was no need for the perm-ban

Go ask dc2dc2dc2 why he chose to use the admin's avatar. It is either one of two choices. 1) to impersonate the admin (which you say he wasn't) or 2) to piss off the admin. If he was using my avatar for reason #2, I'd also ask him to remove it, failing which, I would ban him.

Option 1 and 2 = same (just one more expanded)

Fact is though is that he didn't change his other things like Wynode (location, car, signiture, etc) therefore not impersonation.

Indeed a +1

If so can we have it as a rule-rule for other users.

kleo
01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
i think this is a lil excessive.. i mean dc2x4 is not that bad. Sure, he goes mucking around ere and there. Last time he was playing around being a kiddy and picking on me but he stopped totally the minute i got a lil upset. So i know he's not a bad person. Shouldn't you mods discussed this issue over with each other before perm banning him?

An41
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
RIP Tai ill miss you :'(

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
If that is the case, why did no-one do anything about the 10+ people with Krogoth avatars

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
One more thing (and no disrespect to Jimmy)

But if we are so upset about people pretending to be Admin,

why was toE able to have Ozhonda CEO under his name for the last 5 years?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2956/70232282.gif

Oh wait, look at who he has as his friend

krogoth
01-09-2009, 07:12 PM
lol, not to mention the external offtopic advertising in his signature........hahahaha

and toe wasnt the only one, there was som1 else, EK9 with ozhonda President or something

geeang
01-09-2009, 07:12 PM
There's no rule about copying someone's avatar, but obviously there isn't a problem unless the user with the original avatar complains.

How hard is that to understand? Copy someone's avatar, if they don't complain there's no problem, if they do then obviously there's a problem.

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Krogoth complained and nothing happened

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
UTTER BS !!!!

Who made the rule that u cant steal peoples avatars? even mods? where in the rules is it ?

i wan see this .

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
how can u gusy just make up rules like that ? thats bs

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 07:17 PM
There's no rule about copying someone's avatar, but obviously there isn't a problem unless the user with the original avatar complains.

ahhh...no

Krogoth made a complaint about it before, the only people whom removed it were people of respect to him.

Wynode did nothing about it (i.e remove there avatars)

yourfather
the mod team made it up man.

this is a dick tatorship

kleo
mods vs members...

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 07:18 PM
yeah. double standards hard !!!!!!

krogoth
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
One more thing (and no disrespect to Jimmy)

But if we are so upset about people pretending to be Admin,

why was toE able to have Ozhonda CEO under his name for the last 5 years?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2956/70232282.gif

Oh wait, look at who he has as his friend

lol, not to mention the external offtopic advertising in his signature........hahahaha

and toe wasnt the only one, there was som1 else, EK9 with ozhonda President or something

How hard is that to understand? Copy someone's avatar, if they don't complain there's no problem, if they do then obviously there's a problem.

Krogoth complained and nothing happened

epic bump

zco
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM

no offence to the moderator team, but i will speak my mind where i see fit, and this is just a load of shit.

you guys obviously dislke tai because he was being a pest. taking into consideration his previous attitude on ozhonda, which fueled this into something bigger than it was. fair enough he shouldnt have been a dickhead in his reply to wynode, but thats what PM's are for. we have always been told to take the swearing, abuse, and personal attacks to pm, and now he got dicked for it

he just thought it was funny to use the same picture as wynode, it may not be funny to some but who is he hurting..

and if you really wanna be that anal about stuff, then the avatar doesnt really 'belong' to wynode

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
you lot fail to realise why tai was banned. Not for using Wyns avatar. But for acting in defiance , and also the fact that he should know better. No other reason.

Constantly trying to bring the site into disrepute

Its pathetic .
The work we do as mods , freelance , the hours we put in and this shit we got to put up with. Grow up the lot of you. Tai is a cool guy but he is a dick on this forum fullstop.

tiksie
01-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Avatar's should be banned full stop if this is the case, unless ofcourse you have permission to use it or unless you made it yourself.

zco
01-09-2009, 07:32 PM
you lot fail to realise why tai was banned. Not for using Wyns avatar. But for acting in defiance , and also the fact that he should know better. No other reason.

Its pathetic the work we do as mods , freelance , the hours we put in and this shit we got to put up with. Grow up the lot of you.

again, i quote

fair enough he shouldnt have been a dickhead in his reply to wynode, but thats what PM's are for. we have always been told to take the swearing, abuse, and personal attacks to pm, and now he got dicked for it

and mods, if you want to complain about the job, then dont do it. there will always be ppl that dont appreciate your work on here. its reality

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Its pathetic the work we do as mods , freelance , the hours we put in and this shit we got to put up with. Grow up the lot of you.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5248/permbannn.jpg

yeah well this is the abuse that is referred to by Tai to Wyn in PM.

Hardly abusive....

kleo
01-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Oh snap..... you mods should be ashamed of yourselves... that is bad! You gotta think about why was he causing trouble in the first place or just being a lil kid, i mean he didnt cause any of us harm except for u guys.. i wonder why?? tsk tsk tsk

zco
01-09-2009, 07:36 PM
and now the truth comes out..
abusive ? what a crock of shit

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:36 PM
<--- always speaks the truth

krogoth
01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
in defence of the mod team, i still think they all do a generally excellent job of keeping things together on here

but i think there has been an over reaction to a minor childish pest

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
again, i quote
and mods, if you want to complain about the job, then dont do it. there will always be ppl that dont appreciate your work on here. its reality

thankyou for that zco :wave:

But it remains that Tai came back on still stirred the pot , and got banned. He should of known better :thumbsup:

egSi
01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
the internet = :thumbsup:

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh snap..... you mods should be ashamed of yourselves... that is bad! You gotta think about why was he causing trouble in the first place or just being a lil kid, i mean he didnt cause any of us harm except for u guys.. i wonder why?? tsk tsk tsk

You clearly have no idea of dc2x3's posting history or dislike towards certain moderators or aspects of ozhonda. I suggest you , like all others here think alittle before posting.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Ben, you know my thoughts of the Moderator team and the Administrators.

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Krogoth stop fence sitting. Either you think that dc2x4's ban was shit or it wasn't.

kleo
01-09-2009, 07:42 PM
You clearly have no idea of dc2x3's posting history or dislike towards certain moderators or aspects of ozhonda. I suggest you , like all others here think alittle before posting.

No, honestly please tell me about his posting history/dislike to certain mods and WHY? All i'm saying is, there MUST be a reason as to why he's causing all these troubles for u guys. I still think it is a little excessive that's all.

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Btw, the mods aren't the problem.

99.99&#37; of the time the mods are fine.

It's when new rules are made up or 'special circumstances' and 'treatments' are dished out to people .

That's when the mods are made to feel like they're responsible for the shortcomings of others.

krogoth
01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
i stated clearly that i thought it was an over reaction to a minor pest

a fly landed in wyns soup, and instead of scooping it out and flicking it away with the spoon and continuing to eat, he pulled out the RPG launcher and let loose with a point blank shot, lol

but i still love Ben's red facial hair and aarons cat, lol

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Ben, you know my thoughts of the Moderator team and the Administrators.

no , i dont Sho'. You prove that because you too , use that avatar in pure defiance of ozhonda - or that you are a sheep.

Either way dude I dont care what avatar you use - get it through everyones head that Tai was banned (again) for stirring Wyn (again). I believe Wynode has been incredibly calm and mature in his approach to Tai and his queries/issues. But At the end of teh day Tai still pushed Wyn and he got banned. End of story.

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
No, honestly please tell me about his posting history/dislike to certain mods and WHY? All i'm saying is, there MUST be a reason as to why he's causing all these troubles for u guys. I still think it is a little excessive that's all.

To be honest , i dont know. Wyn doesnt know. Tai wont tell it how it is either. He was a ex moderator , who for a reason felt let down and left angrily. Ever since he was ägainst" ozhonda (or more so , Wynode)

Btw, the mods aren't the problem.

99.99% of the time the mods are fine.

It's when new rules are made up or 'special circumstances' and 'treatments' are dished out to people .

That's when the mods are made to feel like they're responsible for the shortcomings of others.

From what i can see in this situation - Tai got was deserved.He got banned , didnt learn a thing and obviously pushed Wyns bad button once again.
Does anyone really disagree ? Thoughts for this thread.

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
now it's the us and them mentality.

when have we ever had a specific issue with any of you green boys.

even whtteg linda that won some birthday contest and became some mod on here by the grace of wyn doesn't cop anything.

and it's the double standards

like Q-Balls nickname being changed, but the policy clearly being that "we dont change names"

or telling someone to eat some concrete and harden the f*ck up with avatars because people are using the same one.

that's fine until someone else pinches your avatar, then you ban the dude straight away

zco
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
no , i dont Sho'. You prove that because you too , use that avatar in pure defiance of ozhonda - or that you are a sheep.

Either way dude I dont care what avatar you use - get it through everyones head that Tai was banned (again) for stirring Wyn (again). I believe Wynode has been incredibly calm and mature in his approach to Tai and his queries/issues. But At the end of teh day Tai still pushed Wyn and he got banned. End of story.

end of story is what you like to think, but if you can explain the abusive attitude or the attacks or watever it was in the PM ? the screenshot was on the previous page.

he merely stated that he was making a point for another member

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah, he clearly stated that he was making a point about Krogoth for the Avatar...

Krogoths avatar got used by heaps of people. nothing happened, krogoth got told to shut the f*ck up and stop complaining.

someone uses wyns avatar and instantly they get banned.

that is the issue.

yourfather
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
and the whole statement that "dc2 was abusive" in PM is bullshit, because the evidence to the contrary shows he was polite.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 07:52 PM

No, I was using this avatar before any 'defiance' or 'resistance'

Frankly what others want to do is on them.

I wanted to know why Tai was banned.

SiReal
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Unless you've been a mod on one of the most popular and immature forums on Australia, narrow accusations and generalisations based on a single event such as this are BS.

The amount of shit you have to unnecessarily put up with from thousands of members, only to be made worse by a whinger doesnt help. Wyn has done pretty well. Tai wouldve been banned eventually. however i'm sure he'll find a way back to annoy us.

I enjoyed being a mod but towards the end, being ridiculed by the usual spammers, just didnt make helping this forum worth it. You guys are lucky this forum is still up and running and being moderated by dedicated mods like ben and aaron. I would like to see how you'd react if you were Wyn having to put up with all this shit over the past few years.

Tai may be a great guy in real life, but his online persona was far from that.

YF does have some valid comments but his comments and alot of others are also "US " against "them". we only see the viewpoint from our side, and not from the mod side. Good on you i say. >insert sarcasm<.

See you in an hour yf :)

edit: also some of you say "if you cant take the heat, step away from the kitchen". fortunately, some people have dedication and the perseverance to keep pushing on, to keep the forums clean, regardless of how tough it may be. think of it that way - the mods deserve respect in that regard, and they get my respect.

Who would u respect more? a shit stirrer or a volunteer

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
that's fine until someone else pinches your avatar, then you ban the dude straight away

Wyn didnt ban tai for using his avatar.
If you , and everyone who is using Wyns avatar had the same posting history as Tai , then the next time you poke at OZhonda you too would likely get perma-banned. (no matter what it is)

Guys i cant answer much more on this as i didnt personally ban him. Tai , has been a ninja mod on multiple occasions helping me with a few links, and have nothing against the guy.
But on this forum he has been a consistent troll.

vyets
01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
What is this? Neighbors, hell this is even more drama then neighbors. I think it's good that we have moderators here that keep shit under control unlike other forums where the shit hits the fan daily, but at the end of the day. Attacking a moderator gets someone banned wtf is that shit. Mod's ain't kings mate you are people like the rest of us, we all cop shit don't like each other deal with it don't rip out this ban shit. If you don't want this why don't you just don't post stand back and control shit in the background. Caus if you post... haters gon hate.
I don't think he was even being abusive you just took it to heart mate. So next time I get teased by a fellow member, should I sook to a mod and get them banned. I think best thing I will get is a "sort it out in pm" why? Private matter leave it private.. how is this any different?
Hope I don't get banned for this too :)
Guess thats why I'm not a active forumer haha

zco
01-09-2009, 08:05 PM
then perhaps someone can answer to the so called abuse as to why he was banned on this occasion.
i believe we have a infraction point system.. how many points did he get done for this matter via PM which was meant to be private.

if he made threats to a PM, then he deserves it, but i dont see where he did..

ps. vyets, you gonna banned

Pogi
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Tai may be a great guy in real life, but his online persona was far from that.
What a faker....lame.

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
then perhaps someone can answer to the so called abuse as to why he was banned on this occasion.
i believe we have a infraction point system.. how many points did he get done for this matter via PM which was meant to be private.

if he made threats to a PM, then he deserves it, but i dont see where he did..

ps. vyets, you gonna banned

I cant answer because i dont know the entire conversation between Wyn , and Tai. Wyn is currently going to / attending a HCC meeting and will be back on tonight.
From what i can see , tai was instantly banned. Something that Wyn , or any moderator can do at their own discretion.

zco
01-09-2009, 08:15 PM
yeh wyn seems to be a busy man.. i guess he can be the only one to answer the questions others have here.. truth is, none of us know what happened besides that PM that was posted. but it seemed to cover the entire story, unless theres more to it than what has been presented ?

some of us active members know whats been going on with tai in the past, but this instance is another individual situation.

yeh, it appears to be an instant ban from what i know. moderators discretion is understandable.
thanks ben

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Please wait for Wynode to reply before any more of this avatar nonsense guys n girls.

Any other off topic replies will be removed. This is a good chance for proper discussion so lets leave it mature ok !

zco
01-09-2009, 08:18 PM
perhap's move to site discussion ? might catch wyn's attention abit better

bennjamin
01-09-2009, 08:19 PM
done. ta.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-09-2009, 08:21 PM
perhap's move to site discussion ? might catch wyn's attention abit better

done. ta.

Cheers

chunky
01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
wow
tai is copping it hard

aaronng
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM

dc2dc2dc2 was not banned solely for the reason of using the same avatar. He has a history of causing trouble on this forums.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Ok but why was he not banned there and then?

What, wait untill he leaves for work?

But Wynode removed the avatar so therefore there was no need for the perm-ban

Option 1 and 2 = same (just one more expanded)

Fact is though is that he didn't change his other things like Wynode (location, car, signiture, etc) therefore not impersonation.

Indeed a +1

If so can we have it as a rule-rule for other users.
He has a history of troublemaking and from what I understand, dc2dc2dc2 changed his avatar from the admin's southpark lookalike to a photo of the admin's actual car.

It is not only about the avatar. dc2dc2dc2 has had a history of inciting hate against the admin and moderators and causing trouble on the forums. The avatar issue is the straw that broke the camel's back.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 08:53 PM
and if you really wanna be that anal about stuff, then the avatar doesnt really 'belong' to wynode

After the avatar issue, tai changed his avatar to an actual photo of wynode's car. He's trying to piss the admin off for some reason.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 08:54 PM
but i think there has been an over reaction to a minor childish pest

Look back on the history and count how many times dc2dc2dc2 had tried to incite hatred against the moderating team.

Copying the avatar did not cause him to be banned. He has a colourful history of causing trouble and the avatar issue is the final straw. He had his request to remove the avatar, but he decided to take it one step further.

zco
01-09-2009, 08:55 PM
hmm, why not just hand out infractions and let them accumulate ?
and im not attacking any mods personally, just questioning the forum persona/character.
you're a great guy aarong !

and he did explain his side of the story via the pm (without the attitude/abusiveness/attacks that you mentioned ?) that was screenshotted up here.. krogroth got told to suck it up and deal with it.. and i guess dc2x3 was making his point

aaronng
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
hmm, why not just hand out infractions and let them accumulate ?
and im not attacking any mods personally, just questioning the forum persona/character.
you're a great guy aarong !

and he did explain his side of the story via the pm (without the attitude/abusiveness/attacks that you mentioned ?) that was screenshotted up here.. krogroth got told to suck it up and deal with it.. and i guess dc2x3 was making his point

We have the disgression to perma ban if we deem that the problem is way beyond infraction points after discussion regarding the issue. This happened with kazam when he threatened wynode and it has again happened now.

We have been putting up with dc2dc2dc2's troublemaking ever since he resigned from being a mod. He keeps trying to rally the members to take up an "us vs mods" mentality when the opportunity arises by claiming that the mods are not doing their jobs. This is not our job, as we are all volunteers who do this on our free time. We have had many mods resign just because of the hatred that the members show when there is someone to stir the flame of members who are easily influenced.

We have been putting up with him for a long while, and this latest move of his put us above what we were willing to put up with.

90LAN
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
if he can dish out his crap
he should be able to handle the ban

about time mods did some thing about members who do not contribute anything about hondas on this site

good work mod team

yfin
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
guys - lets keep in perspective that Wyn owns this site. He created Ozhonda, he pays for it, he devotes his time to operate it. It is his "shop"..... Members are only guests here.

If Wynode asks a member to do something once, twice - and they still defy the instruction - in my view it is perfectly reasonable to tell them where to go and ban them for as long as the site owner wants.

MikeyG
01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
You're back for one day and you copy my avatar (again).... sounds like you missed me!

You need to grow up Tai.

im sorry but this is from wyn.. clearly means tai was banned for using his avatar clearly

I heart the SSS
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised you're still here Mikey!!

aaronng
01-09-2009, 09:14 PM
im sorry but this is from wyn.. clearly means tai was banned for using his avatar clearly

Using the avatar was the last straw. We have been putting up with tai for a long while for causing trouble, then he accumulates enough infraction points for a temporary ban. As soon as he gets back, he decides to make more trouble. All of the events put together resulted in the ban. It was not caused by the avatar alone.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 09:15 PM

Why wouldn't Mikey be here though?

MikeyG
01-09-2009, 09:19 PM

yes why ?????

yfin
01-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Why does he have 'banned' under his user name? Users should not be able to do that

I heart the SSS
01-09-2009, 09:22 PM
because every post is like

OP "How do I get in touch with / who is this person / what are these"

MikeyG "Oh yea he has a fully sick D turbo / HEY BRO TAKE ME FOR A SPIN IN YOUR CAR / whatever he said in that thread asking for 90-pov / stupid spam"

like srsly, every post. lol.

Twincam16
01-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Not really... It just means Wyn noticed his avatar was copied again, and Tai was up to his typical bs...

Honestly, ANY excuse should be enough to perma-ban after youve been banned already, as you've had plenty of warnings by this stage

MikeyG
01-09-2009, 09:29 PM
because every post is like

OP "How do I get in touch with / who is this person / what are these"

MikeyG "Oh yea he has a fully sick D turbo / HEY BRO TAKE ME FOR A SPIN IN YOUR CAR / whatever he said in that thread asking for 90-pov / stupid spam"

like srsly, every post. lol.

ahk.. just stfu i can post what ever i like..

no wait sorry justin... what im going to do is.. that i will pm u first before i comment on the threads

Mikey

Breezy
01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
is it possible 4 him to create another username/account?

aaronng
01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Why does he have 'banned' under his user name? Users should not be able to do that

Supporters can change the text under the user name to anything they like. :)

MikeyG
01-09-2009, 09:33 PM

yes... different ip and dont post as much...

ek4-guy
01-09-2009, 09:34 PM

another person has done it but i'm not sure of the circumstances as he's previous account is banned yet he is still here

i'm thinking he may have asked for he's old account to be banned so he could make another and have a fresh start

yfin
01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Supporters can change the text under the user name to anything they like. :)

It is a bit misleading Aaron. They shouldn't be able to do that just like they shouldn't be able to change that text to say "moderator". Anyway, leave it up to you

I heart the SSS
01-09-2009, 09:42 PM
ahk.. just stfu i can post what ever i like..

no wait sorry justin... what im going to do is.. that i will pm u first before i comment on the threads

Mikey

no worries DNT-CRY :)

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
wat a bunch of shit the mods have written in hea to defend their stupid decision, and all the members who say that he deserved it or wateva

there is no rule that says u cant copy anyones avatar !!!!
so stick wid ur rule

dont have stupid double standards for yourselves.
your not god

aaronng
01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
It is a bit misleading Aaron. They shouldn't be able to do that just like they shouldn't be able to change that text to say "moderator". Anyway, leave it up to you

Yes, if they change it to impersonate a moderator, then that is not allowed.:thumbsup:

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Yes, if they change it to impersonate a moderator, then that is not allowed.:thumbsup:

how did he impersonate a mod?

im sure u know he drives a subaru yeha ?

outatime
01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
guys - lets keep in perspective that Wyn owns this site. He created Ozhonda, he pays for it, he devotes his time to operate it. It is his "shop"..... Members are only guests here.

If Wynode asks a member to do something once, twice - and they still defy the instruction - in my view it is perfectly reasonable to tell them where to go and ban them for as long as the site owner wants.

Nailed it. Let's not forget, Win is the co-founder of this site. You disrespect him, you're fired. Just like your job, you disrespect and disobey your boss you're gonna get sacked. That's reality and happens on the interwebz too.

with the krogoth argument, he is no moderator, just a normal member like us who hasnt contributed as much as the mods are in maintaining order in this site.

ps. where is beeza when we need him?! :wave:

yfin
01-09-2009, 09:57 PM
wat a bunch of shit the mods have written in hea to defend their stupid decision, and all the members who say that he deserved it or wateva

there is no rule that says u cant copy anyones avatar !!!!
so stick wid ur rule

dont have stupid double standards for yourselves.
your not god

If you want to get technical about rules - look at clause 4 of the terms and conditions. Wyn can suspend an account at his discretion - that means for whatever reason he likes.

Ozhonda is provided purely as a means of communication between its members regarding Honda vehicles and as a source of reference for non-members. Ozhonda may suspend a member's account at its sole discretion. A failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions may result in a suspension or ban from Ozhonda.

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 10:00 PM
well y wasnt everyones account suspended wen krogoths avatar was stolen ?

zco
01-09-2009, 10:02 PM
well fo55il, the thing is, moderators are saying its not about the avatar "stealing" but because of the attitude he was giving wynode in a pm. he apparently attacked wynode or something. i cbb'd to re-read what aarong wrote.. but in the screenshot that was back a few pages.. there was no abusiveness..

we're just waiting for wynodes reply now..
but if you look at it from yfins post above.. they can ban anyone they like. game set match i reckon.. unfortunate but they can do what ever they want

wynode is a good guy though. he's open minded and leaves a thread open for discussion.. he tries to look at things from both perspectives. just wait for his reply i guess

hisoka
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
about time mods did some thing about members who do not contribute anything about hondas on this site

good work mod team

i have been waiting for someone to say this~agree 100 percent

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 10:05 PM
ye i read that, no abuse !!!
i guess wen u hate someone, u dont need a reason to crack it.
ur ego does the job for u

yeah well as long as we can clear that up !!!!!
wat was the actual reason why he was banned.

so if i f*uck one of the mods bitches and he hates me for that reason
ill just get banned.

curious to kno wat wynode is gon write.

apart from

"cause i felt like it"

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 10:08 PM
we all kno tai dint do shit THIS TIME

chunky
01-09-2009, 10:25 PM
If you want to get technical about rules - look at clause 4 of the terms and conditions. Wyn can suspend an account at his discretion - that means for whatever reason he likes.

Ozhonda is provided purely as a means of communication between its members regarding Honda vehicles and as a source of reference for non-members. Ozhonda may suspend a member's account at its sole discretion. A failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions may result in a suspension or ban from Ozhonda.

suspension is just temporary
he got perm banned
all the technicalities of infractions and such

aaronng
01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
we all kno tai dint do shit THIS TIME

He did a lot of shit the previous time and did a few lumps of small shit this time. But we are fed up with sweeping the shit under the carpet, so he got banned.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 10:41 PM
suspension is just temporary
he got perm banned
all the technicalities of infractions and such

Next line says:
A failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions may result in a suspension or ban from Ozhonda.

chunky
01-09-2009, 10:43 PM
ah ok
my bad

aaronng
01-09-2009, 10:45 PM
well fo55il, the thing is, moderators are saying its not about the avatar "stealing" but because of the attitude he was giving wynode in a pm. he apparently attacked wynode or something. i cbb'd to re-read what aarong wrote.. but in the screenshot that was back a few pages.. there was no abusiveness..

Who said dc2dc2dc2 attacked or was abusive to Wynode? We said he was stirring up trouble again.

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 10:45 PM
He did a lot of shit the previous time and did a few lumps of small shit this time. But we are fed up with sweeping the shit under the carpet, so he got banned.

so for wat he did in the past. u ban him now permanently for a reason that sets double standards ?

so even tho he came back after bein suspended, and did nothing apart from copy an avatar (which wynode made clear in the pst that its tough luck if someone steals ur avatar)

doesnt seem too just !!!!

n now ure saying . its for wat hes done in the past

yourfather
01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Wynode may own OzHonda but he does not own the content that I produce, the discussion I create and the posts that I make.

I have asked him over and over again to delete my account and he refuses to.

If he does not respect my wishes for my account to be deleted, I do not care about avatars, etc.

I heart the SSS
01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Can you get banned for having two accounts?

yourfather
01-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Your second account will be deleted

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Who said dc2dc2dc2 attacked or was abusive to Wynode? We said he was stirring up trouble again.

elaborate on trouble?

copying an avatar, which in the past mods have ignored even after members have complained?

yourfather
01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
He did not want to remove it and instead told us off. We do not tolerate that attitude, so he has been banned.

Thats where you said it

aaronng
01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
elaborate on trouble?

copying an avatar, which in the past mods have ignored even after members have complained?
Trouble as in inciting and rallying members to go against the mods.

Read the posts. Please don't ignore all the other posts and focus on the word "avatar".

And no matter what you question, this won't be reversed. We don't need a troublemaker, especially one who used to be a mod and should know better than to cause trouble since he should know the amount of posts that the volunteer mods cop daily.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Thats where you said it

I said "We do not tolerate that attitude". Attitude refers to him defying our request for him to remove his avatar. I did not say he was abusive. Don't jump to conclusions.

yourfather
01-09-2009, 10:59 PM
no, the bit where "he told you off" that's what I was talkin about

Fo55il
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM
but the avatar was not offensive
and why is it in the past avatars could be stolen. where as now they cant, only cause its a mods?

aaronng
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM
no, the bit where "he told you off" that's what I was talkin about

So how does "instead told us off" relate to being "abusive"? I did not imply that he was being abusive. I was implying that he was being defiant, which then ties on to "we do not tolerate that attitude".

yourfather
01-09-2009, 11:06 PM
maybe we are a bit tired of the hypocrisy

I heart the SSS
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
can someone answer my question

if you have two accounts, and post frm both, can you be banned?

yourfather
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah you can be banned, answered it b4 mate.

aaronng
01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
maybe we are a bit tired of the hypocrisy
Hypocrisy is dc2dc2dc2, who was a mod who then decided to resign because he couldn't handle the shit he was copping from members. Then he decided to make life for the moderating team difficult.

Listen to the story from both sides of dc2dc2dc2. One from when he was a mod and one from after he resigned. That's hypocrisy at its best.

wynode
01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow lot of replies so I'll try and address everyone's questions / issues.

Sorry but you're missing the point. The points is not just his use of the avatar, but this vendetta he seems to have against the moderators and myself.

As above.

He has a history of troublemaking and from what I understand, dc2dc2dc2 changed his avatar from the admin's southpark lookalike to a photo of the admin's actual car.

It is not only about the avatar. dc2dc2dc2 has had a history of inciting hate against the admin and moderators and causing trouble on the forums. The avatar issue is the straw that broke the camel's back.

As above. I think we've been pretty lenient with him and he just pushed too far. Moderators have better things to worry about than his immature attacks and (unfounded) accusations.

Sorry but you don't know the whole story so do not jump to conclusions. I'm not that impulsive or insecure in that I would ban someone for using my avatar.

Ta. Looking into it......but yeah 'moderator' is on the list of not allowed titles along with 'banned' (which I only added recently actually).

we're just waiting for wynodes reply now..
but if you look at it from yfins post above.. they can ban anyone they like. game set match i reckon.. unfortunate but they can do what ever they want

wynode is a good guy though. he's open minded and leaves a thread open for discussion.. he tries to look at things from both perspectives. just wait for his reply i guess

Thanks zco. We do not ban people for any reason and that's why the infractions system is there. Like I said I had enough of his immature actions along with his constant attacks, hence the decision that was made. Anyone who went through his posts in the site discussion forum will see that this has been an ongoing issue that Tai has had with the moderating team ever since he resigned because he couldn't / wouldn't help make a difference.

Wynode may own OzHonda but he does not own the content that I produce, the discussion I create and the posts that I make.

I have asked him over and over again to delete my account and he refuses to.

If he does not respect my wishes for my account to be deleted, I do not care about avatars, etc.

You've never asked me Luke. If you want the above to happen then PM me.

Trouble as in inciting and rallying members to go against the mods.

Read the posts. Please don't ignore all the other posts and focus on the word "avatar".

And no matter what you question, this won't be reversed. We don't need a troublemaker, especially one who used to be a mod and should know better than to cause trouble since he should know the amount of posts that the volunteer mods cop daily.

As above.

Anyways nothing further to discuss as the decission is final. Don't think though that Ozhonda moderators ban users for no reason. The infraction system is used 99% of the time to prevent that from happening and for that other 1%......well if you're that other 1% then you are probably a SPAM BOT :)

wynode
01-09-2009, 11:12 PM
can someone answer my question

if you have two accounts, and post frm both, can you be banned?

You're usually given the option of which account to keep. Then the second account is disabled and you'll get an infraction on your first (main) account.

EDIT: CLOSED