PDA

View Full Version : Youi Insurance

SpeedBird
01-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Any Accord Euro owners use Youi Insurance to provide comprehensive insurance for your car.

Just wondering are they okay to deal with in terms of policies and pricing and "IF" it happens, you do have a crash, is making a claim relative simple and will they let you choose your own repair shop or you must take it to one of there approve repair shops.

Any help will be appreciated.

by-life
01-09-2009, 11:04 PM
I have got quote from Youi and I find youi is not cheap comparing with my current insurer.
About the things what you concerned, you can ask youi, also read the condition of insurance carefully before getting into agreement.

euro1603
02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
It comes down to which suburb you're in.. I did a quote with youi, not cheap at all, i'm with AAMI. $840 a year, and they cover my ride even though its lowered and have 18inch rims, having the aftermarket parts did not increase the premium, its best to disclose everything to the insurance company, cos you'll get that repaired in the case you're in an accident.

e240
02-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I called them for quotes and they wouldn't insure me, even though Shannon's does.. It also doesn't appear to be cheaper as claimed by the ads.

Anyway, I think their ads are bullshit anyway. Less cover = cheaper, definately.

SpeedBird
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I got a quote and they ring you back the next day to double plus triple check all your details, what a waste of hubba bubba, I can read so i think its just hearing test to see if you did input all the required details, the spokeswoman was so going on and on and on, my thought was it wont be long until christmas will be here.

All i wanted to know was the price. The way they sell its pressure testing i feel.

Min988
02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I filled out the form for ages online and then at the end of the form it told me to ring them, and then rung them for them to tell me they are a low risk insurance provider and dont insure modified vechicles.

integral90
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah Youi are full of shit. I got into 'heated discussion' with one of their people over the phone. They claim to not make assumptions, yet they wouldn't insure a modified car being driven by a P-plater.

"Sorry we don't insure modified vehicles"
"Why?"
"Because statistic show that P-platers with modified vehicles are more likely to be involved in an accident"
"Isn't your whole marketing and business approach that you "Don't assume, you ask"?"
"Yes that's what we try to do"
"... Yet you're assuming that because I'm a P-plater driving a modified car... I'm more likely to be in a crash"

etc. kept going. You get the point

dtngo
02-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I got an online quote before, but it was expensive so I ignored it. A week later I got an email from them:

We noticed that you accessed our online quote system recently but did not go ahead with the policy.

I've checked your quote and It might be possible that I can offer you an even better price than originally quoted.

Youi offers personalised service and has a great policy at a great price. Your online policy manager allows you to take control of your own insurance 24/7.

We are keen to offer you assistance if necessary and we are confident that you will find our price both competitive and suitable. In fact we are sure we will be able to offer you a great deal.

I can be reached direct on 07 xxxx xxxx or by return of email. Alternatively I can contact you by phone during business hours, please feel free to include your preferred time and contact number.

Youi assures you of our best service and attention at all times.

asxu
03-09-2009, 02:42 PM
They would not insure me as I filled out the online form and said that I had a stereo.

They ended up ringing me up and asking what sort of stereo it was, I listed most of the components and they said because it had a DVD player and subwoofers they couldn't insure me as those components are a "distraction".

e240
03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah, their ads are starting to annoy the hell out of me. Its misleading by painting a good guy image for themselves when its not true.

p.s. I like the fat guy from the IBM ads - I hate the straight clean cut modern guy look, they just seem to lack the sincerity.

kingfisher29
07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I would not recommand YOUI insurance.

Let say if they do insure you, and you've crashed your car, YOUI will try their hardest to find faults with your car to say your car is not road worthy or any mods that they didn't know about or illegal mods so they can decline your claim.

euro1603
07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
I would not recommand YOUI insurance.

Let say if they do insure you, and you've crashed your car, YOUI will try their hardest to find faults with your car to say your car is not road worthy or any mods that they didn't know about or illegal mods so they can decline your claim.

Do you work for them ??

felixd
08-09-2009, 03:33 PM
so what will be the best option for modified cars ?

e240
08-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Leave at home, under covers in a garage - wax every now and then.
Sit around have beer and talk about how great the car is (or going to be)

felixd
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Leave at home, under covers in a garage - wax every now and then.
Sit around have beer and talk about how great the car is (or going to be)

haha funny u

kingfisher29
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Do you work for them ??

no, I don't work for YOUI insurance. But they use our Assessing services.

kingfisher29
09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
so what will be the best option for modified cars ?

Just Car Insurance.

I'm with them