PDA

View Full Version : wheels for an integra

phils_herre
19-11-2003, 01:33 AM
hey peeps,

was just wondering wat is the largest size rims that would fit under say a 95 (dc2??? not sure) integra... do 17's fit straight under... i guess with 18's you would need to work on the wheel arches hey...

also wat is the best ride height for an integra (ie. how much to lower it,
2 inches)

finally :roll: wat is the dif between a 96 teg and a 00 teg... i heard some1 say that they got different bumpers... i know the sunroof is deleted but not sure bout other differences to it...

cheers phil :)

hondaboy
19-11-2003, 01:58 AM
17's are no problem as long as u have 215 40 rubber.
18's i think u need 35 profile rubber
any more than 18's and i think your speedo will be thrown out too much.

XXpl0Sive
19-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Vti-2 has 18's on his Integra, wait til he replies on here.

After 1997, the Integra's got a face lift. Bigger front lip, different front bar, different rear bumper, the headlights are larger and are of different sizes, the word 'Integra' is positioned differently on the front, and GSi's got ABS.

Phorte
19-11-2003, 10:05 AM
got 18's on mine with 35's..

then again its lowered so its hard to say about the rubbing - which it obviously does.. you sacrifice a lot by going to 18's because its just for cosmetic reasons..

XXpl0Sive
19-11-2003, 10:06 AM
How does your car's performance feel, Phorte?

Phorte
19-11-2003, 10:24 AM
i havent had smaller wheels on my car for ages so i dont have much to compare with =(

main thing that i notice is comfortability.. obviously less rubber travel due to the low profile tyres... car feels more sluggish due to extra weight of the rims.. not sure if rolling diameter has nething to do with this either...

argh im not much help am i haha.. ive had them on for a long time so i dont really remember..

tanghy
19-11-2003, 11:48 AM
don't forget
low profile rubber dont last long and cost $$$$$$$

Phorte
19-11-2003, 12:15 PM
spot on andrew! its all about the money.. or lack thereof haha

vti-2
19-11-2003, 05:48 PM
was just wondering wat is the largest size rims that would fit under say a 95 (dc2??? not sure) integra... do 17's fit straight under... i guess with 18's you would need to work on the wheel arches hey...

You could fit 20's if you wanted but it requires a lot of 'custom' work. 17's should fit under easily, even if you drop if 1-2inches. I've got 18's on mine and they fit without a problem. I've got a 2.5inch drop so the rims at the back are about 2mm's from rubbing the guards (empty car). With people in the back, the wheels camber a bit and start to rub when cornering.

also wat is the best ride height for an integra (ie. how much to lower it,
2 inches)

Best ride height? Depends on how you like the ride. For guys that don't care about comfort they usually dump the cars pretty low. I'm not fussy about 'riding on air' so i dropped mine 2.5inches. The ride is actually not that bad even with my 18's!

finally wat is the dif between a 96 teg and a 00 teg... i heard some1 say that they got different bumpers... i know the sunroof is deleted but not sure bout other differences to it...

I think there is a thread on this somewhere... ?

Anyway, the main physical difference is both the front and rear of the car. They have a different bar at the front that makes the lights on the newer shape look more flush with the bar. The rear bar looks different at the bottom. Also, the lights at the rear are different. The ITR ones look better than the first series.

Hope that helps. 8)

Phorte
19-11-2003, 06:18 PM
the man's a fountain of information! hehe :lol:

Teggy-Vtir
19-11-2003, 07:40 PM
mines 2" on a set of 17" rims
i have no problems.. with or without ppl in the car =)

booget
20-11-2003, 01:15 AM
they will fit under if the width of the rim isnt too wide

i got 17's wid 2 inch drop
straight in

SpiceyTeg
20-11-2003, 08:55 AM
im on 18's, 35mm, and have gone 3.5" at the back.. I just got the guards at the rear lipped and she's fine now... i wouldn't go lower.. i got a mate with a 94 teg, and he's gone 4" at the rear.. he cant have any one sitting in the back seat.. TOO MUCH SCRAPING... but it looks hot when its slammed too.. :lol:

totti
20-11-2003, 08:47 PM
ive got 18's on my vtir, lowered 2inches, guards rolled
scrubs with anyone in the back

i suggest you go for 17's, much more comfortable

as for performance...you can say bye bye to that :(

Phorte
20-11-2003, 09:10 PM
check out the new ROH adverts.. theyre showcasing their new rims whcih look remarkably like ITR rims.. lol with a teg being used in the adverts too

tegboy
20-11-2003, 11:23 PM
check out the new ROH adverts.. theyre showcasing their new rims whcih look remarkably like ITR rims.. lol with a teg being used in the adverts too

LOL @ Linh!! I am trying to squeeze 19 x 8' under the guards of my 1991 LS Integra...

phils_herre
21-11-2003, 02:32 PM
lol teg boy... only 19"... that'll look hot :D

also is it legal to have 2" drop with 18's... 17's look good but i think 18's would fill the gaurd up much more nicely...

wat u think to go, chrome or shadow chrome... i guess it depends on the wheels...

joneblaze
21-11-2003, 02:50 PM
mate i think the best thing for you to do is to pop into ur local road authority office or look them up online. you're better off dling and reading your version of "Vehicle Standards Information" than asking ppl online. I found when i was asking questions bout rims, ride height etc i got varying figures and facts from ppl. Do some research, read it yourself and you'll get some peace of mind. :)

Phorte
21-11-2003, 06:02 PM
with regards to the legaliities of diff size rims, it depends on each state as well..

some states dont have the "2inches bigge rule" where you the maximise diameter size increase is by 2inches only from standard..

other ones have wheel track size difference.. other has wheel width...

its all different per state too..

chances are though 17's are ok in all states as teg's came stock with 17's and width wise wont be drastically different so it'll be legal in all states too..